AP PT vs Assasin Hatred

AuraDesruu

I really like both of these classes as they fit my up close and melee game play style. I know that AP PT got a nerf to one of its skills last patch. I believe Hatred is receiving a damage/range nerf next patch. I'm really torn between these two classes and don't know which one to level up during the 2x weekend? What would be the safest choice to make?

edit: I'm also really into pvp

so take into account pvp cuz in pvp section

Edited by AuraDesruu

Assassin hands down.

Sins always had at least one spec that is good. Powertechs? They nerf them ASAP every time they can kill some force users. Just look how fast they nerfed them and how sins still in god mode. It's like that all the time. Pyro will be crap in pvp forever, AP's burst predictable and easy to counter. It's good against bads. Sins have more utility, more tricks and harder to counter. You can try tank PT if you want, but for dps sins are much better.

Assassin hands down.

Sins always had at least one spec that is good. Powertechs? They nerf them ASAP every time they can kill some force users. Just look how fast they nerfed them and how sins still in god mode. It's like that all the time. Pyro will be crap in pvp forever, AP's burst predictable and easy to counter. It's good against bads. Sins have more utility, more tricks and harder to counter. You can try tank PT if you want, but for dps sins are much better.

What about the nerf coming in 3.1.2?

How is that going to effect the assassin?

I really like both of these classes as they fit my up close and melee game play style. I know that AP PT got a nerf to one of its skills last patch. I believe Hatred is receiving a damage/range nerf next patch. I'm really torn between these two classes and don't know which one to level up during the 2x weekend? What would be the safest choice to make?

AP PT plays quite different from either assassin spec, imo. it a way, it's more versatile. depending on the opponent, the PT gets up the face (usually of ranged), and because of it's superior range (for a "melee") and speed, it can easily kite melee opponents.

iunno. just something that came to mind when you mentioned their game play. not a criticism of anything.

I don't understand why no one plays Sniper. Barely anyone plays ranked and Marksman Sniper is amazingly strong in regs.

Funny I aaa thinking about picking up my sniper and playing it. Tbh the real reason I only play merc is cause I'm cheap and can't afford augs for other classes other then ones that use aim. Also I've been playing mercs so much that if I did play another class I wouldn't know how to gear them and feel like I'm left in the dark.

Sniper = very very fun.

Edited by Darth__Reaver

I don't understand why no one plays Sniper. Barely anyone plays ranked and Marksman Sniper is amazingly strong in regs.

snipers never bother me unless they have support. usually this comes in the form of good melee that force me to confront them while their snipers wreck me. but the sniper who can lone wolf it is rare in my experience

snipers never bother me unless they have support. usually this comes in the form of good melee that force me to confront them while their snipers wreck me. but the sniper who can lone wolf it is rare in my experience

Ranged seem to have less of an issue against snipers than melee, not counting concealment. That spec is designed to kill snipers.

Ranged seem to have less of an issue against snipers than melee, not counting concealment. That spec is designed to kill snipers.

Concealment is designed to **** everyone but lethality opers over in a 1v1, so I don't really see your point :p

Roll hatred.

Hatred is getting a 5% dot spead boost in 3.2.

Yes, the combat team is that stupid. Maybe next time John From the combat team posts, we should petition Bioware that this guy lose his job. He's terrible at it, and needs to go.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

..and a marksman comp is arguably second only to Hatred comps in competitive ranked.

Edited by Zoom_VI

(hatred sins ap pts lightning sorc)

Every one of these specs were utter and absolute garbage months ago and now they're the most complained about **** this game has seen, from most to lesser so in the order you provided. Funny how that works out. And I'm referring to AP as old AP, not old pyro that became AP. AP became crazy when they changed pyro's and AP's mechanics; old AP was a pain to make work and a name change made it the cause of almost as much whining as Hatred Sins, which used to be dubbed "Sadness Sins" since they were such a joke. And lightning? lol. That used to be a regs-only spec and now it's got the burst and kitability to be hated by all. I just want to put this all into perspective. The worst specs of these classes are now over-the-top the best; they're not only the best of their classes but the best in the game..

GG bioware.

Edited by AxeDragoneth

lol right? at least with sins, they actually created new specs. literally, the only thing they changed with PTs (other than the names) was to give new AP (old pyro) the SC buff that belonged to old AP (new plasma shoots peas)

Sin Hatred is much easier to play than PT AP but PT is more fun in regs IMO.

Tanking is more fun on PT also. Tbh ever since they removed the healing from FL

Sin is the most boring tank in PVP by far.

Pyro PT is complete trash atm and if you play Sin Deception you'll probably end as a node guard :(

Hope this helps :)

P.S. If you're complete beginner in PVP Vengeance Jugg is a nice place to start,

especially for regs.

Again, if it was so good, then why aren't we seeing more of them ?

sniper is harder to play. and while they may be part of the best hard swap setup, pressure is better. so would you rather play the 2nd best or the best comp for your team? welcome to "competitive" pvp. played to their best, a sniper hard swap team is great, but it's a lot harder to line up a hard swap (literally los issues) than to stack hatred. more variables to go wrong. and it's also a less durable class, so mistakes hurt you more.