Midbie bracket is so broken it is ridiculous.

mmmbuddah

You'll probably find you have the same issue at 60... Slingers just don't have enough defence and require the most amount of skill to play in the game... They are probably the hardest class to play properly in pvp... And I don't just mean ability wise... I mean tactics and strategy

At 60 I will nearly always attack a slinger if they are by themselves or they aren't partnered with another slinger

Playing a Mara is just as bad... "Mid" ranged power classes like Mercs, Operatives, Juggs are fine if played well... Sorcs (until the nerf), PTs and Sins are the easiest... That holds true at any lvl from 30-60

Unfortunately with your class it will seem even worse than it really is

That is actually why I am having fun with them when I face players the same level as me, because they take some skill to use and and require you to be on your toes, I have a lvl 60 sniper on imp side (which I never use because I am mainly a rep player, only levelled him for guild op runs) and I played him a few times in 60s, and it was a much more enjoyable experience. Facing lvl 59 players, is damned near impossible though. Shooting nerf darts at them, all day. :mad: I mean, lets just look at the trend we have here, wha will happen if we get another 5 level increase down the road, is it going to be 30-64 then? When does it stop, when does the point come when the devs HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, because the gap is too large? Will everyone still stick to "its fine"? I highly doubt it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is actually why I am having fun with them when I face players the same level as me, because they take some skill to use and and require you to be on your toes, I have a lvl 60 sniper on imp side (which I never use because I am mainly a rep player, only levelled him for guild op runs) and I played him a few times in 60s, and it was a much more enjoyable experience. Facing lvl 59 players, is damned near impossible though. Shooting nerf darts at them, all day. :mad: I mean, lets just look at the trend we have here, wha will happen if we get another 5 level increase down the road, is it going to be 30-64 then? When does it stop, when does the point come when the devs HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, because the gap is too large? Will everyone still stick to "its fine"? I highly doubt it.

You would have had a similar issue playing a lvl 30 vs 54 in the old bracket...

As for future expansions... Who knows what they will do... That's not the topic or the issue

I will say it again. Since 3.0 I've brought 4 toons in 30-59.

A SS slinger. It went well.. Dying a lot when I didn't have proper support but getting decent damage out and being all around decent.

An AS Mando. It went decently. Annoying to have no survivability and very long set up time.... But I managed to do decently.

Then my Rage Jugg. I completely blew out 55-59 players many time. Sometime easily at 35-38.

Then we have my Madness Sorc. 31. 900k damage without fluffing.

As for future expansions... Who knows what they will do... That's not the topic or the issue

no. you used to be able to gear and aug your 30 so that he had the best stats in the WZ (or as good as anyone else could get). now...not so much.

in any case, the practical reality of mids is that anything below 50 needs a carry. if one team has 5 50-somethings, and the other 5 40-somethings, the team with the 50s wins the vast majority of the time. and when you get to 55+, it just goes through the roof (more obvious than the 50s). the only way to fix this is bolster. I mean, you could rewrite the disciplines or hand out full skill trees or something, but that's impractical. fixing it through bolster is in keeping with the way the game is actually structured. therefore, it's perfectly reasonable for people to claim that bolster is broken in mids. I understand that it does what it's programmed to do, but it doesn't do what it should and needs to do. so correcting people for saying bolster is broken is just white noise or a red herring or whatever the term is I'm trying to recall.

it's a bolster issue because bolster is how it has to be fixed -- bolster isn't doing it's job (making 30s and 40s competitive with 50s and 55+)

What's happening is when people lvl from 55-60 they get extra lvling stats, which bolster doesn't take into account... Also lvl 55-59s get a lot of advanced abilities which should probably only be available at lvl 60... These advanced abilities and the extra stats are causing part of the problem...

So bolster IS broken. Either way, those saying 'just level to 60' are totally wrong. Because then, the 60s will say 'get pvp gear before entering' abuse.

If you are to encourage new players in to PvP, Mid brackets is not the way to do it. I've had this debate all to often and those who don't listen are either too stupid or have zero idea of just how harsh it can be.

100% wrong.

Why? Level 55s - most have full expertise armour from pre 3.0 - complete with augments, stim buffs therefore giving them a huge advantage. And, not everyone has the expansion.

The 30-54 bracket worked the same way as lowbies - no expertise therefore, your gear wasnt too important. At least players could be competitive unlike now, where its death in 3 hits.

No one can defend Bioware on its lazy approach and is probably final death nail in pvp. Look around your warzones. Its the same faces over and over and reason is, people are leaving and I can't say I blame them. Its crap.

I am tempted atm, because I have been facing off against the same damned imps for a week now, and they NEVER level up, they are stuck between 57-59, and just jump around like idiots knowing that they are damned near invincible to lower leve players.

These Imps just want it that way, I'm sure.

100% wrong.

Why? Level 55s - most have full expertise armour from pre 3.0 - complete with augments, stim buffs therefore giving them a huge advantage. And, not everyone has the expansion.

The 30-54 bracket worked the same way as lowbies - no expertise therefore, your gear wasnt too important. At least players could be competitive unlike now, where its death in 3 hits.

No one can defend Bioware on its lazy approach and is probably final death nail in pvp. Look around your warzones. Its the same faces over and over and reason is, people are leaving and I can't say I blame them. Its crap.

And with this post you proved how little you actually know about bolster.........

Yes the mid level bracket is not particular fun - especially if you are new to pvp in general. I have actually given up, and begun to run FPs in order to reach level +50 before I try again :(

I really hope it gets better later on.

Im at lvl 49 atm, and going against a 59 sorcerer as a gunslinger is just stupid. :mad:

Not really, I played 30-54 in the old bracket it wasn't nearly as bad. And yes, the future expansions with level increases is an issue, and part of what I am worried about, because mids will just get more bloated and more bloated, and there will be a HUGE gap between 30 and the top level unless bw pulls their heads out of the sand and A. Removes expertise from pre 3.0 ranked gear, and B fixes bolster.

A level 55-59 player in full 162 PvE gear will have about 5k more HP and 200 more main stat than an equivalently geared player of a lower level. And still have 2018 expertise. This gives ~40k HP and 2800 main stat.

Midbies are completely busted until Bioware fixes this. But half this forum will just tell you to get over it, the other half will say only 60s matter, and Bioware won't do anything anyway because EA doesn't put a dime that this game earns back into it.

Not really, I played 30-54 in the old bracket it wasn't nearly as bad. And yes, the future expansions with level increases is an issue, and part of what I am worried about, because mids will just get more bloated and more bloated, and there will be a HUGE gap between 30 and the top level unless bw pulls their heads out of the sand and A. Removes expertise from pre 3.0 ranked gear, and B fixes bolster.

Question for you oh perfect master clearly understanding everything about bolster. 2018 expertise vs 2018 expertise. Why would I care if my opponent has 2018 expertise in his gear when I can bolster my *** to 2018.

Yes, we know. Mids is a joke and it's the bracket I despise the most because it's so absurdly imbalanced.

I prefer to run 10-29 lowbies for a while, delete toon, then re-roll to another class I wanna play in lowbies when I'm bored grinding multiple 60 toons for gear.

However, today I got my merc to 30 cuz I love the class, but my first mid bracket game was an arena against 2 dps Shadows and got whatever step above globaled is in the first round, so that was beautiful. Managed to get off 21k damage next round to save a little face.

100% wrong.

You do realise you can get 2018 expertise with bolster?

If you don't know how, have a read of the link in my signature

This is hilarious, coming from the guy who constantly blames his own lack of ability on people "hacking" :rolleyes:

Way to go taking one thing in my post and putting it out of context...

The actual post which was to say the 30-59 bracket is where people L2P... In no way was I telling anyone to L2P

Where else are people supposed to learn to play??... 10-29 is where they get a taste and 30-59 is where they learn... So saying that the 30-59 bracket is the L2P bracket is completely in context...

I think you need to reread what the post was about and stop trying to change the subject as usual

Quote: Originally Posted by clearsighted View Post

If your expertise is where it should be, then unless you are only fighting 59s in full brutalizer, it shouldn't be that bad.

That said, purely for reasons of 55-59s having so many extra skills and utilities, I tend to take a break from pvp around level 30, and don't start up again until the late 40s. So I'm not trying to condescend to you, or claim it's a L2P. After all, it's a bit ironic to avoid most pvp between levels 30-50, when that's most of the bracket. 55-59 clearly doesn't belong in the mid bracket. They have more in common with 60s.

But from a purely stats/expertise/health perspective, I've never felt like I couldn't damage people, unless they were being healed, I was in sub-optimal expertise, or they were like 59 in full brutalizer and I was in my 30s. That felt deeply unfair and impossible to overcome. But from 51 onwards especially, the main advantage they have is their level 57 ability.

Quote: Icykill

And also the bracket where you are supposed to L2P...

Edited by Icykill_

Way to go taking one thing in my post and putting it out of context...

No, it's completely in context. You have an entire THREAD crying about supposed hacking that's, in your words, "running rampant". I can't even take you seriously. You talk as if you know anything about this game only to turn around and spout BS like "hackers are running rampant" or "midbies bolster isn't broken" and telling people that if they can't beat level 59's at level 30 that the issue is "L2P". Bro, you're a freakin' joke. All I see when you post is a bunch of nonsensical gibberish from someone who THINKS he knows something, but in reality knows nothing.

they could make the lowest bracket wider; there is already a huge gap between level 10 and level 29, but it doesn't really matter because you level really fast at the lowest levels. So might as well make it 10-39, 40-64

they could make the lowest bracket wider; there is already a huge gap between level 10 and level 29, but it doesn't really matter because you level really fast at the lowest levels. So might as well make it 10-39, 40-64

ffs it should be 15-34, and 35-59. Level tens shouldn't be allowed to queue

Edited by Zoom_VI

ffs it should be 15-34, and 35-59. Level tens shouldn't be allowed to queue

Exactly.

Mids is absolutely the worst place to PvP. In lowbies there is a significant gap between a 10 and a 29, but that gap is quickly closed by virtue of the low experience requirements to level. People also don't have as many tricks or as much burst, so the gap is much less painful.

In 60 PvP, things can be rough if a good team goes up against a bad one, but at least everyone has their full toolkit available and roughly equal access to gear. I don't really expect bioware to compensate for people not using what's available to them at endgame, after all.

Mids, though... Yeah, a low-30s can have a huge impact. Yet the gap between that character and a 50+ is massive, and takes quite some time to close unless you nolife it. I can hold my own well enough to slog through it, but plenty of people aren't going to do that and that leaves us with a lower PvP population overall AND more people joining 60 bracket with not a damn clue of how to play and be successful.

It's a serious issue and needs to be corrected instead of ignored. What is my subscription paying for, Bioware?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.