Ok, so the outfit designer will kill the aug kits and components market stone dead.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From 3.2 you'll only need 1 set of augmented gear - sell your kits and augs while you can people.

Yet again, crafting gets the shaft :(

If you're using more than one set of augmented gear, that's your fault. I highly doubt this will affect the market at all.

People will complain about anything, I suppose.

At the moment, if you want to wear a new piece of gear, you have to augment it for it to be optimal.

Therefore, a lot of people decide not to wear new gear. It's not gonna make a huge difference. We'll still need to augment implant/earpiece/relic whenever we get an upgrade. Some people might decide to switch over to legacy gear now that looks aren't important anymore, temporarily increasing demand for aug kits.

Therefore, a lot of people decide not to wear new gear. It's not gonna make a huge difference. We'll still need to augment implant/earpiece/relic whenever we get an upgrade. Some people might decide to switch over to legacy gear now that looks aren't important anymore, temporarily increasing demand for aug kits.

Exactly, I use only Legacy gear and with the new update, use the customization.

I don't think so. I rarely augmented more than one outfit per character, anyways. Also, I augment legacy gear ever so often. I think other people are similar.

Me too. I simply didn't buy their overpriced horse crap off the GTN anyway. I just made do with one outfit. So now I'll be able to have multiple outfits and won't be spending any less than I ever did,. :-)

I don't think it will effect much tbh. People will still be leveling alts, they will still need to be auged. Those new toons will also typically need more than one set of gears be that a tank gear/dps gear. Heal gear/dps gear. Pve gear and pvp gear.

If people are arguing about the expense, chances are they wouldn't have bought a new outfit anyways. They would just stick with what they have.

Role-swappers with still buy them, as was said up thread.

I think I've made augs a few times, and then it was just to pad the crafting level or use up my extra mats.

Edit: haven't looked on PTS yet, but wouldn't comp gear being augmented still keep the market going?

Edited by LyraineAlei

I don't think it will effect much tbh. People will still be leveling alts, they will still need to be auged. Those new toons will also typically need more than one set of gears be that a tank gear/dps gear. Heal gear/dps gear. Pve gear and pvp gear.

If people are arguing about the expense, chances are they wouldn't have bought a new outfit anyways. They would just stick with what they have.

i dont see a huge difference forthcoming either, for the reasons emphasized.

From 3.2 you'll only need 1 set of augmented gear - sell your kits and augs while you can people.

Yet again, crafting gets the shaft :(

I disagree. Most players chose not to change their looks. They may have a PVE set and a PVP set and leave it at that.. Same will exist now, you augment one set for PVE and one set for PVP. Augments market will only diminish because the size of the playerbase continues to feel like its shrinking and not expanding.

Changes like this, might actually help encourage more people to play/stick around, and thus your market continues to grow, and thus even though people still only augment two sets as is, you'll possible have more people augmenting.

I am all for improvements to the game like this that have cosmetic (not mechanical) affects on play. Anything that helps encourage engagement/attachment of new players is going to benefit you.

Edited by EnkiduNineEight

..and this is a bad thing? WoW has had transmog for how many years, while this dinosaur of an MMO still plays catch-up in all aspects.

Kits and augs were far too expensive anyway, the cost of not only ripping out the mods from gear that looked hideous but was bis and also having to slot and mod it for augments was prohibitive for those players not gaming the GTN, or sinking rl cash in cartel packs to sell in-game.