The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is BiowEAr embarrassed by their own triple-A MMO??

Friend-Referral

well if everytime i tried talkeing to someone i got insulted id proably punch them in the face or ignore them utterly so personaly id say the fact there willing to talk at all with this toxic pit is pretty good and as for matnice mode we just came out of a expansion and theres a big udate planed for spring troll harder. btw eaware is idiotic and your varation of it more so than the normal version.

the drugs, you should get help to get off them

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i heard, on the bioware forums and i believe reddedit too, that ea put a no post policy for their devs. just saying what i heard. but after some seen on the forums not just swtor or da/:i and such. i can see them doing that.

well if everytime i tried talkeing to someone i got insulted id proably punch them in the face or ignore them utterly so personaly id say the fact there willing to talk at all with this toxic pit is pretty good and as for matnice mode we just came out of a expansion and theres a big udate planed for spring troll harder. btw eaware is idiotic and your varation of it more so than the normal version.

So if someone is critical of your work, you'd punch them?! That's how you handle feedback huh? How old are you exactly lol? Ever play a sport where teams kept score?

So if someone is critical of your work, you'd punch them?! That's how you handle feedback huh? How old are you exactly lol? Ever play a sport where teams kept score?

there is a difference betwen being critical of there work and attacking everything someone does this communities fall into the second catagory for every valid complaint about the game there are six morons ************ about how the free saber crystal isnt the right colour or the pet the sub get sucks and bioware should give something else. or rember that time they gave every subs extra cartel coins? yhea the comunity *****ed about that too. as has been said bioware does something about pvp people complain bioware does something about pve people complain. every post from the comunity team on this site bar none gets insulted by the people playing this game its pathetic and yes if every time someone saw me they went in rant of insults that had nothing to with the topic at hand your dam right id stop being civil with them after a certian pont. as bad as some of biowares programeing and mistakes are by far the most embarrassing part of this game is the poeple on its forums by a wide margin.

there is a difference betwen being critical of there work and attacking everything someone does this communities fall into the second catagory for every valid complaint about the game there are six morons ************ about how the free saber crystal isnt the right colour or the pet the sub get sucks and bioware should give something else. or rember that time they gave every subs extra cartel coins? yhea the comunity *****ed about that too. as has been said bioware does something about pvp people complain bioware does something about pve people complain. every post from the comunity team on this site bar none gets insulted by the people playing this game its pathetic and yes if every time someone saw me they went in rant of insults that had nothing to with the topic at hand your dam right id stop being civil with them after a certian pont. as bad as some of biowares programeing and mistakes are by far the most embarrassing part of this game is the poeple on its forums by a wide margin.

It's the internet, of course someone will ***** about anything. If you can't handle it, stay off the net. The fact that online a-holes exist is no excuse for the absolutely poor communication we've had since launch...those who cross the line should be punished, but don't blame the entire freaking million player community for the tirades of a dozen. Their own silence is what breeds so much discontent. Their own lack of quality and sloppy coding creates the frustration that players are feeling right now.

Maybe YOU should avoid the forums if you can't handle them.

I don't want SWtor to die. The next game will take place in the time frame of the films and nobody wants that. : ' (

OH YES THEY DO!

Those TWO NEW Star Wars Games cannot come out soon enough!

We will know more about those Two New Star Wars Games over the next two months through Star Wars Week and Star Wars Day to come soon.

Depends. From everything I've read the profits came from a slash and burn campaign against costs like developers. If a company increases profits (temporarily by laying off huge swaths of their work force), then despite what the numbers say is it really a healthy company?

They don't report profits for TOR(or WoW for that matter), just revenue. Any kind of cost-cutting wouldn't show up when comparing revenue. Not to be confused with gross profit, which isn't a great measure to use for software companies.

No offense Sangrar, but Turtuglia are cosmetic masks...they involve minimal work beyond basic artwork...and they've taken over a year to get in-game.
You are assuming that htey have been worked on for the whole year. We can assume that BW Austin cannot have as many people as they would need, so when it comes to decision between making models for playable content or making new head morphs, I guess that priority goes to playable content.

Costume Designer will be a CC hungry beast that does far more than we wanted it to, but probably won't allow us to do what most of us envisioned.
Which is why people should not envision new systems to do anything. Or more specifically, they can envision, but they should not complain when the results does not fit the products of their imagination which was based on absolutely nothing beyond name for the feature.

The game may not be in "maintenance mode", but no healthy game allows widely known exploits to exist for over 4 weeks or cancels events they have planned with 3rd party sites due to too many bugs...3.0's quality was a huge disappointment.

I will give you that Ravagers exploit should have been fixed much sooner, even more so if it was present and reported on Test Server, as some people claim.

They're not embarrased they just have better things to do with their money.

TOR got a big fat sack of money for its development, allegedly one of the largest ever spent on an MMO.

It launched in a storm of hype and with the exception of the opening salvo of boxed sales basically imploded on the launch pad.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure it covered its costs, but EA were banking on this being a 'WoW killer' (god I feel silly saying that) despite their claims of needing only 500k subs to be viable. They expected stable revenues in the hundreds of millions provided by 7 (maybe even 8) figure subscriber base.

So when the dust settled on one of the quickest F2P conversion scrambles in MMO history, the bean counters would have looked at what it made vs the projections and been very cross indeed.

Now tell me, at this point, if you're EA do you...

A: throw good money after bad trying to to turn this game into what everybody wanted/expected it to be.

B: throw just enough money at it to keep those who stuck around interested and ride it out until the interest wanes fully and spend money on less risky/more profitable ventures?

If you answered A, dont ever start a business.

well i heard, on the bioware forums and i believe reddedit too, that ea put a no post policy for their devs. just saying what i heard. but after some seen on the forums not just swtor or da/:i and such. i can see them doing that.

It's close to a no post policy. It's the same way on the Battlefield forums. That said, you cannot run an MMO the same manner you run a FPS franchise. MMO players are invested in to a larger extent in their characters, play for longer on average, and put more money into the game. There needs to be communication. At this point I don't think EA cares, as from the beginning they never cared about the MMO mentality. They just wanted to milk Star Wars for all they could, and because of that attitude have actually made far less money than was otherwise possible.

Edited by Prototypemind

Exactly.

Two days of post history. "I review games and MMOs for a living" in the bio.Looks like we got another professional mmo analyst on our hands.

Plus a user ID number that looks like the account was made recently while his/her posts make it sound like s/he's been around for a while, and every single one of his/her posts are just bashing the game - yeah, looks like a burner account for the sake of some trolling.

it doesn't really stop the community team from doing more. Their posts are so few and far between and isn't really 'community' related either. wheres the streams from inside other players houses, wheres the 'how to get from 0-60 streams', wheres the 'hey folks, this week in SWTOR X, Y and Z servers are holding events'

I seriously don't know what they do ALL day apart from stare at pointless metrics

They're not embarrased they just have better things to do with their money.

TOR got a big fat sack of money for its development, allegedly one of the largest ever spent on an MMO.

It launched in a storm of hype and with the exception of the opening salvo of boxed sales basically imploded on the launch pad.

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure it covered its costs, but EA were banking on this being a 'WoW killer' (god I feel silly saying that) despite their claims of needing only 500k subs to be viable. They expected stable revenues in the hundreds of millions provided by 7 (maybe even 8) figure subscriber base.

So when the dust settled on one of the quickest F2P conversion scrambles in MMO history, the bean counters would have looked at what it made vs the projections and been very cross indeed.

Now tell me, at this point, if you're EA do you...

A: throw good money after bad trying to to turn this game into what everybody wanted/expected it to be.

B: throw just enough money at it to keep those who stuck around interested and ride it out until the interest wanes fully and spend money on less risky/more profitable ventures?

If you answered A, dont ever start a business.

I think your post is exactly what happens behind closed doors. They're still making money, still more than covering costs...they'll milk it as long as they can with less and less all the time.

But shouldn't this scare the guys in Austin? Shouldn't they have better quality work, knowing that Shadow Realms no longer exists and the need of an Austin studio is shrinking? How long before Edmonton takes over?

It's the internet, of course someone will ***** about anything. If you can't handle it, stay off the net. The fact that online a-holes exist is no excuse for the absolutely poor communication we've had since launch...those who cross the line should be punished, but don't blame the entire freaking million player community for the tirades of a dozen. Their own silence is what breeds so much discontent. Their own lack of quality and sloppy coding creates the frustration that players are feeling right now.

Maybe YOU should avoid the forums if you can't handle them.

theres normal internet dbagery and then there's these forums .

You guys are going to be surprised how much they made the last qtr of 14,trust me on that i myself dropped over 250$ not including sub just unlocking stuff,,then i know many that purchased the Hypercrates during that time and and about a dozen players that have been gone that have returned some one year others two ,,the Cartel Packs on the Bastion alone on the GTN hit 57 pages i recall and i was just checking them every now and then for about a two week period in November. Edited by Sathid

These forums directly reflect the communication we get from Bioware. Cure the cause and the symptoms will go away.

Tux, you have been around longer than that... This is never the case, even with the most communicative dev's on the planet would you clear the ugly that can spew from the internet-anonymous.

Can you curb the trend, sure... I'll give you that.... but it is absolutely impossible to please everyone all the time.

Tux, you have been around longer than that... This is never the case, even with the most communicative dev's on the planet would you clear the ugly that can spew from the internet-anonymous.

Can you curb the trend, sure... I'll give you that.... but it is absolutely impossible to please everyone all the time.

Of course, I never said it ceased, there's always someone willing to complain online, but the forums as a whole directly reflect their communication level.

Plus a user ID number that looks like the account was made recently while his/her posts make it sound like s/he's been around for a while, and every single one of his/her posts are just bashing the game - yeah, looks like a burner account for the sake of some trolling.

Sounds like Mr. J. I guess people are going to have a entertaining few weeks with some forum PVP. Cheers.

Edited by Nickious

Sounds like Mr. J. I guess people are going to have a entertaining few weeks with some forum PVP. Cheers.

Yep. It's one of those guys for sure. These guys are just paying to get on the forum so they can attempt to sow the seeds of discontent. I guess they really think they will bring the game down this way. :rolleyes:

No offense Sangrar, but Turtuglia are cosmetic masks...they involve minimal work beyond basic artwork...and they've taken over a year to get in-game. Costume Designer will be a CC hungry beast that does far more than we wanted it to, but probably won't allow us to do what most of us envisioned.

The game may not be in "maintenance mode", but no healthy game allows widely known exploits to exist for over 4 weeks or cancels events they have planned with 3rd party sites due to too many bugs...3.0's quality was a huge disappointment.

Just saying WoW, EQ, EQ2 etc have all had exploits that have lasted not just for weeks, sometimes MONTHS. All of these happened when they were "healthy." In WoW the first one is the LFR relog exploit, Atramedes, Razergore being reset directly to phase two via Divine Intervention, and C'Thun...probably the most INSANE example of an exploit in MMO history.