Kai Zykken...

DeLaaNie

Hmm, well I didn't take Eric's comment that way. I think he just really likes Kai Zykken, enough to say so. I'm just saying that he tried to crack a joke and share something with us, and it wasn't welcome to a lot of people. I'm thinking if we were a bit more easy going with some of these staff people, maybe they'd talk to us even more, even if it's just in fun. It has to start somewhere.

Why act like a school of pirrahas with them? *shrug*

PS. That was a good line, I did chuckle when Kai Zykken started speaking Huttese.

Players were plenty nice with them before 3.0. 3.0 is like the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point many of us are not in mood anymore to crack jokes with EAWare Austin employees. Why? just look at the mess they have made since 3.0. But still they have the right to have fun(while our day to day gameplay fun is reducing) and we don't have the right to criticize them for it.

As for kai zykken, i hope he gets reappearance in future smuggler story. he seems like the type who would get along with our smuggler.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players were plenty nice with them before 3.0. 3.0 is like the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point many of us are not in mood anymore to crack jokes with EAWare Austin employees. Why? just look at the mess they have made since 3.0. But still they have the right to have fun(while our day to day gameplay fun is reducing) and we don't have the right to criticize them for it.

As for kai zykken, i hope he gets reappearance in future smuggler story. he seems like the type who would get along with our smuggler.

I've been here since before launch. I don't actually remember a time when players were ever really nice to the devs lol. Are we visiting the same forum?

To be perfectly honest, I've found the forums a bit toxic at the best of times, with only a few people who were actually consistently nice to anyone. I know there were problems with various things in 3.0, I lived with them too, but I can't say I was so angry or worked about about it, that I feel the need to trounce a dev, when they make a lighthearted comment. No one says you don't have the right to complain...look around the forums are full of complaints.

As for Kai getting a role in the smug story...sure that would work, he fits in with that lot. Still wouldn't want him as a permanent fixture though.

Edited by Lunafox

I've been here since before launch. I don't actually remember a time when players were ever really nice to the devs lol. Are we visiting the same forum?

To be perfectly honest, I've found the forums a bit toxic at the best of times, with only a few people who were actually consistently nice to anyone. I know there were problems with various things in 3.0, I lived with them too, but I can't say I was so angry or worked about about it, that I feel the need to trounce a dev, when they make a lighthearted comment. No one says you don't have the right to complain...look around the forums are full of complaints.

As for Kai getting a role in the smug story...sure that would work, he fits in with that lot. Still wouldn't want him as a permanent fixture though.

If your posts on other threads are any indication then like my guild leader you like to play "barbie game" and you are happy as long as that need is satisfied but for many of us(if not majority) core content is main focus, we have no interest in "barbie game". And that core gameplay is messed up, i wrote it in another thread a lot of my guild mates stopped playing after a month into 3.0, they already posted in our guild website that they are not coming back since ESO has gone buy2play and GW2 is releasing new expansion soon, only 3 out of 10 of us are still playing and regularly logging in. It is a shame to have an IP as strong as Star Wars but to have released a new DLC which manages to drive away players. At the moment i am debating with myself if i should continue to play or just join my guildmates in ESO and GW2.

No, the toxicity here is bred by the immaturity of many of the posters, it's one of the reasons I rarely post here. You can post concerns with the game without the snarky childish attitude like the one I responded to.

What is hugely interesting is that almost no-one replies to SERIOUS replies like mine ... It's as of really NO-ONE war writing fan fiction here ... Really NO-ONE ...

Come one, you CAN't be THAT stupid ... Writing fan fiction is so easy !

Of course there are writers. But they don't write here. And I'm *not* surprised over that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I remember being in the beta forums (back when there was a draconian secrecy and you actually had to be invited.) Those forums were nice. The second the game launched (or even when preorders went live and people found out that some were going to get to start playing three-four hours before someone else,) the forums became a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

If your posts on other threads are any indication then like my guild leader you like to play "barbie game" and you are happy as long as that need is satisfied but for many of us(if not majority) core content is main focus, we have no interest in "barbie game". And that core gameplay is messed up, i wrote it in another thread a lot of my guild mates stopped playing after a month into 3.0, they already posted in our guild website that they are not coming back since ESO has gone buy2play and GW2 is releasing new expansion soon, only 3 out of 10 of us are still playing and regularly logging in. It is a shame to have an IP as strong as Star Wars but to have released a new DLC which manages to drive away players. At the moment i am debating with myself if i should continue to play or just join my guildmates in ESO and GW2.

Well, I won't deny, that I like playing dress up, I do. I like my clothing and housing very much. I enjoy doing the dailies for the most part, but the biggest draw for me are the class/companion stories and quests. I love those above all things, which also makes me an altoholic.

From what you're saying, I can only surmise that you must be a raider, or a pvper, or perhaps even both. Seeing as I don't do either of those things, I wouldn't be able to comment with much accuracy on whats wrong. I haven't pvp'd in ages, and raiding and group fps don't attract me, because I'm a solo player and a bit shy of people I don't know, especially in stressing situations. I'm sorry that you're not feeling that what you like is up to par, I mean that. Still, I don't think there is much Eric can do, because like others have said he's not a fix it person, he's a community person.

I remember being in the beta forums (back when there was a draconian secrecy and you actually had to be invited.) Those forums were nice. The second the game launched (or even when preorders went live and people found out that some were going to get to start playing three-four hours before someone else,) the forums became a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

I didn't come to the forums during the beta, so I don't recall anyone nice lol. I do remember though, the latter part you're referring to...it was madness. I came for information and it was like being in front of a firing squad. That really hasn't changed much. Someone can post something really nice or innocuous, and you can bet that within three to four responses there will be some snide d*ck/d*ckette being mean and making unnecessary remarks. I keep hoping it'll get better lol. :o

Kai's dialogue and the way he's animated made him appear too much like a young children's cartoon character.

I couldn't care less if we ever see this character again.

From Eric's position I can see the appeal, given Zykken is just about as forthrightly honest and precise as certain community managers over the last few months.

Then again, I personally (JMHO) find Zykken a pretty despicable specimen and wish there was a dialogue option to force feed him my lightsaber^^

From Eric's position I can see the appeal, given Zykken is just about as forthrightly honest and precise as certain community managers over the last few months.

That's uncalled for. Don't blame Eric for the messages...I don't like them either, but remember that his hands are absolutely tied on most things...he's simply the messenger, not management. Place your blame where it belongs.

That's uncalled for. Don't blame Eric for the messages...I don't like them either, but remember that his hands are absolutely tied on most things...he's simply the messenger, not management. Place your blame where it belongs.

Sadly I have to agree. People forget that Eric and the rest are not the ones to blame it's the people above them Eric and them are just easy targets because they are the ones making the posts.

It's actually why I would never do Eric's job People always want to shoot the messenger because they are on hand instead of focusing their anger on the one who sent the messenger.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope:

I wanna gag every time he opens his mouth.

My Mercs would appreciate the Heatseeker-targetting practice-dummy, though. (With Skadge being the RailShot practice-dummy, and Thana Vesh filling that role for Barrage'd Unload/Blazing Bolts.)

Given he is open to a male char flirting on Rishi I say first Bisexual companion! (not sure if females had a similar option as I only play as guys xD, whole reason I said Bi and not gay was for this exact reason if people wondered)

Given he is open to a male char flirting on Rishi I say first Bisexual companion! (not sure if females had a similar option as I only play as guys xD, whole reason I said Bi and not gay was for this exact reason if people wondered)

He's an imaginary scripted toon...he doesn't represent anything sexually. His personality, not his sexuality, is what defines him.

My Sith Lord flirted with him and he told her he's not into pirate types, lol.

I thought Kai was a really funny character, and quite possibly the only person on Rishi stupid enough to fall for Lana & Theron's unbelievably convoluted (and ridiculous) way of getting the chars to Rishi. I would have liked to have an option to kill him at any point in the conversation and deal with the other guy (the new leader of Kai's gang, lol @ a true sith style promotion) -- not all my chars would have used it, but it would have fit for some. Especially once his usefulness had intended.

TBH, I'm worried that the writers didn't kill him so that they could use him again.

I thought Kai was a really funny character, and quite possibly the only person on Rishi stupid enough to fall for Lana & Theron's unbelievably convoluted (and ridiculous) way of getting the chars to Rishi. I would have liked to have an option to kill him at any point in the conversation and deal with the other guy (the new leader of Kai's gang, lol @ a true sith style promotion) -- not all my chars would have used it, but it would have fit for some. Especially once his usefulness had intended.

TBH, I'm worried that the writers didn't kill him so that they could use him again.

Truth be told, he didn't fall for anything. Lana used Force Persuade on him, as seen

Not that I'm defending him, mind you. Dude's an idiot. :p

He's an imaginary scripted toon...he doesn't represent anything like personality. His image, not his personality, is what defines him.

Fixed that for you ! :D

But still - Tralie Masoon is the only worthy wife for him, imho. :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer