Things not to do in yolo ranked.

BurnedRemains

1) Queue as any spec Mara/Sent

2) Play pyro pt.

3) Mercs.

4) Deception speced Sins.

5) Not taunt even if you aren't tanking.

6) Queue.

Feel free to add.

Queue and then not take the pop.

Take the pop but then drop out after a first round loss but seconds before the second round begins.

Only way to do good in ranked, if you're not a super leet pvper/really lucky, is to play FOTM classes/specs. Or get rolled over by people playing FOTM classes. Hence no deception.

A good pvp deception player can burst enemy player quite fast and has a lot of cc. Do I need to tell you how much burst is important in current ranked ? Do you actually play rank ?

Deception is fine in ranked.

What is not fine is the overall amount of cc in ranked.

Also only way to play good in ranked is to know other classes, their pros and cons. Some has more cons than pros and vise versa, but none class is undefeatable.

The only usefull thing I see in a list is taunts - use them a lot and often.

People jump in regular WZ wearing their pve equips vs other wearing ranked and get stomped and come cry about imbalances. People que ranked in exumed gear and get stomped by those who wear DR and use nades and cry about FOTM classes.

You people know nothing about how gear in mmo affects pvp. NOTHING. And yet complain.

Here is my list of what not to do in RWZ, cause I see people doing it here and now.

Hope you get a memo

1) Don't play a hero - I mean jump first in enemy team. Juggs/mara/rep version I am looking at you.

2) Analyse your surroundings - clever use of space is half win. Being in los from enemy is good, being in los from a teamate is bad.

3) Even with dot spread(that you cry a lot), with sorcs aoes (you cry as much) - sticking as a team is vital. Spreading across a map will nearly always lead to fail.

4) Assist your teammates. RWZ is not WZ. Every team member is crucial to success.

3 vs 4 is almost always a lose, 2 vs 3 is always a lose.

5) Use your adrenals, stims, grenades. Yes stims are that inmportant, yes you can use a grenade without having cybertech now and it doesn't cost much to buy and yes, those adrenals you get are given you for a reason.

6) Listen to what other say. Don't suggest something you did not try and ended with success. I mean something like "we focus their guardian - they do not expect it." You have no idea what other can expect until you see their reaction. Don't lead your team on a faulty course.

Edited by Cleavy

Played my Mando in rank this past weekend. Did about 10 matches or so.

What is funny is that the only matches my team won were when I wasn't the initial target focus in each match.

I had one match where I literally died in seconds of being attacked.

Stunned and I took the damage. Immediately restunned. I used my CC break. Hit my heal. Hit my bubble. Popped by warzone medpack. And I was dead before I could even use the warzone adrenal much less anything else.

With no outside heals, taunts, or guard I was done is less than 8 seconds from the initial stun.

Every match in solo queue ranked I was in I was teamed with nothing but DPS. No outside help leads to a very quickly dead mando under current class design.

No Deception in Yolo? lol made my day.

with the set bonus Assassin have at the moment(Crit on Maul), you can set up a realy effective switch with all your procks up-to make them pop Def CDS( like barrier.

Listening to other players' advice ...

In a rank match this past weekend on my Mando, I had one of my fellow team mates offer to hook me up with another mando to refine my rotation.

I was sitting there thinking to myself? My rotation? Hell, other than e-net I didn't even get a shot off. I was double stun locked killed before I could do anything other than attempt some self preservation.

I'm all for listening to advice, but it first needs to be advice that is actually useful.

Listening to other players' advice ...

In a rank match this past weekend on my Mando, I had one of my fellow team mates offer to hook me up with another mando to refine my rotation.

I was sitting there thinking to myself? My rotation? Hell, other than e-net I didn't even get a shot off. I was double stun locked killed before I could do anything other than attempt some self preservation.

I'm all for listening to advice, but it first needs to be advice that is actually useful.

There's not much mercs can do until they are buffed (Tuesday?)

AP PT is in the same boat, except they can at least take improved paralytics, Carbonize people for 2.5 seconds, and run across the arena with overrides before it wears off. They can also swap cells if the focus is just too intense.

We should start an anti FOTM movement. Only use the most underperforming classes :D

Here's the problem someone else pointed out:

Underperforming classes are usually only played by a few 'weird' die hards who are extremely talented at using them; they do it for the challenge and the prestige. Problem is that a few good players running bad specs make them overperform in biofail statistics collected because of the small sample size and skill involved. They don't get buffed.

FOTM classes are run by everyone else, they tend to perform 'average' in the meta because of the huge sample/bandwagon size, and the sheer volume of both good and bad players. They rarely get nerfed like they should.