The Final Trial

TaitWatson

Wow, nothing inspired me to write more than reading this, it devolves a bit at the end but the way you describe setting, emotional reaction, everything-- is just so...

The word that comes to mind is delicious, it's just really nice to read.

Props yo and I hope you do more, I've heartily enjoyed your pieces thus far.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that Harkun was in charge of the "lowlifes" of the academy.

Not quite. There are more and more "lowlifes" in the mix, but that is true for all overseers, I guess. There's always someone "better" in a group - Lana here, Ffon in the Inquisitor's story, clearly getting preferential treatment from Harkun.

Similarly, Tremel gave preferential treatment to the Warrior over others he considered less worthy.

Edited by Luinthoron

Dear Bioware, could you please

a) compile all your short stories more prominently on the website, nicely sorted, so that as many people as possible can easily find, read and enjoy them

and

b) add them all into the game?

Place them into small books / datapads, for example in the libraries on Tython and Korriban. Heck, from my perspective, you may even add them to the cartel market (5 credits for the shorter stories, 10 credits for the longer stories), preferably as interactive decos for the strongholds. We could make our own library and offer other players a chance to read these stories. (Maybe the stories would have to be re-written a bit though, to make them IC - sort of diary style).

Thank you!

But the Sith training methods seem dreadfully inefficient.

Lots of stuff in the Empire seems very inefficient.

Joke: How do you get the taxis to run on time on Dromund Kaas? You stab the slow ones*

Remember how the taxi at the spaceport isn't working when you get there?

So this was Lana's final trial, but isn't this the FIRST trial we get when we arrive in Korriban? (i.e., going into that same dungeon and facing those same enemies)

I think the Tomb of Tulak Hord was the third of four tombs that the player characters face during their trials, with only the Tomb of Naga Sadow coming after it, as their final trial. (I believe the Tomb of Ajunta Pall was their first trial.)

I would imagine all the various tombs hold prizes and dangers suitable for a final trial, if the acolytes are tasked to go deep enough into them.

Edited by DarthDymond

I think the Tomb of Tulak Hord was the third of four tombs that the player characters face during their trials, with only the Tomb of Naga Sadow coming after it, as their final trial. (I believe the Tomb of Ajunta Pall was their first trial.)

I would imagine all the various tombs hold prizes and dangers suitable for a final trial, if the acolytes are tasked to go deep enough into them.

This is correct.

The second tomb was the one belonging to Marka Ragnos.

Don't you see? :eek:

The key part there is "heavy gear".

Which probably means another Tulak Hord armor set is incoming, this time either light or medium, featuring a helm. If we can play barbie dress-up, so could Tulak himself, millennia past. :D

No Wicked. No one can see. That's an image for ants. : ' (

I'm disappointed and rather disgusted at how weak Lana was. Friendship, working together - what is this, a boyscout club or a Sith trial? I hope Harkun made these weaklings fight to the death. Ugh. Shame on them. And this weakling is going to head the Sith Intelligence? I just hope she's *truly* learnt the Sith Code since then.

I really hope the developers won't start white-washing Sith and showing that there are "good Sith", good Sith must take the power and work together so on and so forth. Thanks, but we've got Jedi for the boring stuff.

I'm disappointed and rather disgusted at how weak Lana was. Friendship, working together - what is this, a boyscout club or a Sith trial? I hope Harkun made these weaklings fight to the death. Ugh. Shame on them. And this weakling is going to head the Sith Intelligence? I just hope she's *truly* learnt the Sith Code since then.

I really hope the developers won't start white-washing Sith and showing that there are "good Sith", good Sith must take the power and work together so on and so forth. Thanks, but we've got Jedi for the boring stuff.

Apparently you don't *truly* understand the Sith code.

Harkun is entirely likely to order both of their deaths for working together and being weak...

Or knowing him forcing then to fight to the death.

For some reason, the idea of Lana killing people she fought for makes me visualize her as FemHawke (FemHawk best Hawke).

Edited by AshlaBoga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.