The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

12 x XP for class-missions

Azibux

I'm going to hijack the thread for a second. There has been a lot of back and forth about 12xXP and I think we can all agree that the two sides are either "NO 12xXP!!!!" and "Let's have a rational optional system where a person needs to level at least 4 mirror classes to at least the end of Corellia" or even more restrictive requirements.

Who says the latter system is "rational?" If anything, it's elitist. There's nothing even remotely irrational about giving it to all subscribers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one can't wait for the 12x xp, I'm an altiholic and these big xp bonuses really help out alot. I don't understand why people don't want the 12x boost, is it because of gear? it thats the case then maybe people should stay on planets longer and do the heroic missions instead of leaving or complete some sides.

I'm going to hijack the thread for a second. There has been a lot of back and forth about 12xXP and I think we can all agree that the two sides are either "NO 12xXP!!!!" and "Let's have a rational optional system where a person needs to level at least 4 mirror classes to at least the end of Corellia" or even more restrictive requirements.

Seriously?

I think there have been two arguments as well then.

The rational people who have years of experience with MMO's and their communities and who can see how this will damage the already reduced community on SWTOR and those who are lazy, entitled, selfish, elitist jerks who think they operate in a bubble and what they do has absolutely zero effect on other players and so demand all the game systems to be perpetually changed to give them more and more for less and less effort.

Just for demonstration purposes of course....

Your idea is no more rational than anyone elses. Your requirements of restricting it behind a gateway was more elitist than anything the 'No' people noted or did. Heck, one of my initial arguments indicated that it was problematic because it excluded a large number of players when gated and that I was concerned about the nature of peoples gateway suggestions since every single person who made a gateway suggestion already qualified for the gateway they suggested demonstrating their selfishness to go along with their elitist attitudes.

So what are you all going to beg for now that you have the 12x? My guess is there will be a renewed solid push for legacy wide datacrons since they practically give away 186's just by showing up as essentially a 'participation' award.

I've already done the fleet datacron, I don't want to have to do it again on all my new characters.. whinewhinewhine gimmegimmegimme!

True but ...

what most of you anti12ers don't mention is the that there is very little incentive to level alts. No race missions and only minor differences if you are light/dark/neutral. So what would you propose to encourage players to make alts and run low-level flashpoints?

Actually, there is a great deal of incentive to level alts in this game. It in fact was one of the pillars upon which the game was developed. Plenty of people have leveled plenty of alts in the game long before any XP boosts were implemented in the game. They continued to do it regardless of how many times we were given XP boosts. They continue to do it now even before the "permanent" addition of 12xp.

Just because a few people playing the game have no desire to play an MMO, and thusly are playing the wrong game, does not mean that there is no incentive to play alts. You see, to paraphrase another person who has posted in this thread before - the need for 12xp is largely in your own mind.

Because the discussion has centered around leveling alts AFTER doing multiple story lines. So OK I have my 8 toons from each class. Give me a reason to roll an ninth.

Because there are plenty more class combinations you can play. Many people enjoy learning the little nuances that differ once build from another. Ultimately, you roll an alt because you enjoy playing the game. If you don't enjoy playing the game, then there's no reason to play it correct? Again, this is an MMO, if you don't enjoy playing MMOs, then why are you playing at all? Because it's Star Wars? Sorry, but that's a poor excuse to keep banging your head against a brick wall. In an MMO, you level then you play end game. In SWTOR, you level, play end game, level an alt to see another story line, play end game, and rinse and repeat.

All 12xp is going to do for those people who are "only" interested in seeing class stories is allow them to finish the game faster, then stop paying and move on to a different game. Those who play an MMO for what it is, a long term investment, have already been playing it for that, and enjoying end game to boot.

Edited by TravelersWay

Actually, there is a great deal of incentive to level alts in this game. It in fact was one of the pillars upon which the game was developed. Plenty of people have leveled plenty of alts in the game long before any XP boosts were implemented in the game. They continued to do it regardless of how many times we were given XP boosts. They continue to do it now even before the "permanent" addition of 12xp.

Just because a few people playing the game have no desire to play an MMO, and thusly are playing the wrong game, does not mean that there is no incentive to play alts. You see, to paraphrase another person who has posted in this thread before - the need for 12xp is largely in your own mind.

You mean collectively in the minds of majority of players right? Being that 12x is wanted by the majority.

You mean collectively in the minds of majority of players right? Being that 12x is wanted by the majority.

Indeed.

And oh, do you have the actual statistics to back up your statement, or are you only going by the anecdotal evidence as presented by this thread? Because I have anecdotal evidence of my own that leads me to conclude that the actual majority don't want and/or don't care about 12xp.;)

Seriously?

I think there have been two arguments as well then.

The rational people who have years of experience with MMO's and their communities and who can see how this will damage the already reduced community on SWTOR and those who are lazy, entitled, selfish, elitist jerks who think they operate in a bubble and what they do has absolutely zero effect on other players and so demand all the game systems to be perpetually changed to give them more and more for less and less effort.

Just for demonstration purposes of course....

Your idea is no more rational than anyone elses. Your requirements of restricting it behind a gateway was more elitist than anything the 'No' people noted or did. Heck, one of my initial arguments indicated that it was problematic because it excluded a large number of players when gated and that I was concerned about the nature of peoples gateway suggestions since every single person who made a gateway suggestion already qualified for the gateway they suggested demonstrating their selfishness to go along with their elitist attitudes.

So what are you all going to beg for now that you have the 12x? My guess is there will be a renewed solid push for legacy wide datacrons since they practically give away 186's just by showing up as essentially a 'participation' award.

I've already done the fleet datacron, I don't want to have to do it again on all my new characters.. whinewhinewhine gimmegimmegimme!

Indeed.

And oh, do you have the actual statistics to back up your statement, or are you only going by the anecdotal evidence as presented by this thread? Because I have anecdotal evidence of my own that leads me to conclude that the actual majority don't want and/or don't care about 12xp.;)

Well too bad. It will be here soon :D

Edited by FerkWork

Indeed.

And oh, do you have the actual statistics to back up your statement, or are you only going by the anecdotal evidence as presented by this thread? Because I have anecdotal evidence of my own that leads me to conclude that the actual majority don't want and/or don't care about 12xp.

Then the 'majority' of people will take xp boost remover. And the 'minority' will enjoy the boost. Any actions, adding boost or not, will have consequences on the community.

Where are all the haters now? Where are all the "Bioware would never do it" people now? Good riddance, thank you Bioware, subbed when I heard the news!

News flash: it hasn't started yet.

Sorry, I really don't know where all the trolls live.

Edited by Halinalle

Where are all the haters now? Where are all the "Bioware would never do it" people now? Good riddance, thank you Bioware, subbed when I heard the news!

So, um... When you say you subbed after you heard, when were you not subbed?

Because a person can click on your name, and then go click on find all posts by you, and you have longer than a 7 day posting history so obviously you do not have the trial sub from a referral. Your posting history shows no significant gaps and you posted prior to this announcement.

Since you can only post if you are subbed, one can reasonably presume you were subbed prior.

So... why the comment stating this caused you to sub when you were obviously already subbed?

So, um... When you say you subbed after you heard, when were you not subbed?

Because a person can click on your name, and then go click on find all posts by you, and you have longer than a 7 day posting history so obviously you do not have the trial sub from a referral. Your posting history shows no significant gaps and you posted prior to this announcement.

Since you can only post if you are subbed, one can reasonably presume you were subbed prior.

So... why the comment stating this caused you to sub when you were obviously already subbed?

I was not subbed all the time since last x12 before I posted here and about a week after I posted here. I used my free one week sub to test the "methods" presented here and then when they looked inadequate I only posted here until it ran out.

Actually yeah for some reason I could post longer than that week but I never resubbed or anything, hmm...

Edited by Oiccrene

Though I have already got all 4 republic classes done, I might be tempted to re-do them all on the opposite advanced class. There is no way I would do this without 12x xp since I know there are some playstyles I don't like such as gunslinger. Edited by Jedi_riches

• 4 weeks later...

you happy?

what we have warned about has and is happening. Operations are full of new pugs. War Zones are flooded with bads making for a very frustrating end game experience.

sure there are some veterans that blew through levels for a new toon/class but BW move did bring in some fresh blood into the game, and it has ruined some of the gameplay.

credit spammers are everywhere as well. bringing down that huge ring did nothing but bolster them as a whole. add in x12 xp and now they have more max level gathering toons/accounts

Edited by Liquor

you happy?

what we have warned about has and is happening. Operations are full of new pugs. Ware Zones are flooded with bads making for a very frustrating end game experience.

sure there are some veterans that blew through levels for a new toon/class but BW move did bring in some fresh blood into the game, and it has ruined some of the gameplay.

I'm thrilled!

You should really just join a guild and make friends that you isolate yourself with since this bothers you so much.

I find your elitism rather humerus tbh, because that's just how MMOs go. There are always new players coming and going - good players and bad. Get use to it or find a new hobby if it bothers you, because it'll never change.

Didn´t some Dev mention to add the 12x XP boost for class missions from the SOR-pre order bonus to a legacy unlock.

When can we expect that to happen? I just pvp and dont want to pve for a month to get a new char to lvl 60.

It only takes a few days to get a character to 60 with the 12x bonus.