Approximately how long does it take to get from level 1 to 60?

HyperSonicOne

I have been wondering this for a while. I would like to get a character at max level, but I keep re-rolling characters.

As fast as

2 weeks of play

or as slow as 2 years of play

All depends on how you play

The game is ultra easy and fast to level in, if you take advantage of everything offered

I'm going to say 100 hours if you really push.

200 if you take your time.

It took me 9 RL days/ 78 hours to get to 55 w/o any double-XP buffs in 2.0, and SoR goes fast.

Way better to take it easy and enjoy it though, pick a class (or at most, two) and stick with them.

alt-itis will burn you out before you see everything.

I brought a toon (with no class missions other than first planet + coruscant to get my ship..) from 1-60 in 1 day and i think 20 hours of gameplay time...

You CAN do it faster, but in general about 2 days worth of gameplay, much longer if you run storyline quests and extra..

So between 2 days - 10 days of gameplay probably, all depending on your leveling style and what you use for boosts...

The gameplay time i'm saying is literal PLAY TIME, the /played stat...

So between 2 days - 10 days of gameplay probably, all depending on your leveling style and what you use for boosts...

The gameplay time i'm saying is literal PLAY TIME, the /played stat...

Yeah 2 weeks I wrote was equivalent to what you say for a normal user

your right though, 48 hours of play time

SOR alone can be fully completed in 8-16 hours

Makeb is even faster with the 200% orbital buff bonus for exploration

Said it before and say it again, anyone that has trouble leveling in this game should probably pack up and move on from MMORPGs in general as SW:TOR has redefined the meaning of easy mode play and ultra fast leveling.

I do not expect ANY TITLE to ever be this simple again in the AAA MMORPG subscriber genre

Like other players mentioned, you can reach max level during one weekend if you really push it, though it depends a lot on how you play. Without double XP or 12x XP, you need to do a lot of sidestuff besides the class quests and those take up time, especially the planetary quests where you need to drive to some far-away corner on the map.

You can also get a lot of experience with flashpoints but that depends on how often you find a group and how fast you'll finish the flashpoint. Keep in mind that a lot of experience comes from the daily/weekly quests, so repeating the same flashpoint over and over again is not as effective as doing one flashpoint per week.

And don't forget that reaching max level (= the endgame) is not as interesting as you may think. I've heard of many players who enjoyed leveling and listening to their class stories but quickly lost interest when they reached the endgame.

During leveling, you see many different planets and a lot of story cutscenes. However, the endgame quickly gets repetitive. While we do have a lot more daily areas and flashpoints now than we had with 1.0, you still need to realize that you'll have to repeat the same content over and over again.

If you can't stand running the same flashpoint 30 or even 100 times over and over again, or doing the same daily quests in the same order each day, then you probably won't like the endgame.

Myself, I'm not a big fan of story in general; I usually listen to the cutscenes the first time I see them but I find the endgame more enjoyable. I grew up with playing Pokemon for endless hours, so I'm used to grinding the same things over and over again without being bored. So think whether you are up for the grinding if you want to reach max level. Also, if you want to be successful at endgame, you need to find a guild. If you are a solo player and are not comfortable getting with other players in voice chat, then you won't get very far at endgame.

I realize that when we get temporary content like the Gree event, you don't want to miss it, so it is definitely understandable that you want to have a max level character.

My recommendation would be to just continue on with your class story and do the planetary and bonus quests to keep at the same level as the class quest. Once you reach level 47, you can go to Makeb and hit a console to get bolstered to a good gear level, from then on it's a breeze to level to 60 and the leveling will be more straightforward from then on since the content was designed to bring you directly to the new max level.

And if you don't like it, you can always continue leveling your low level characters but eventually you'll run out of content. We only have eight class stories and it is unlikely that they are going to be continued, so once you finished those, you are stuck with the general storyline that is the same for all characters and you'll have to learn to enjoy the endgame, or only return to SWTOR every few months whenever we get new content.

Edited by Jerba

Honestly, after playing some grindfests (Everquest back in the Hell level days anyone?) and the more recent Star Trek Online expansion (Delta Rising is the BEST Expansion EVER, and the Players LOVE It!!!) I am enjoying even taking my time here in a so-called easy-mode game. I have rerolled so many times, it's sad. I do have my sorceror to 40, and my commando is almost 40 as well. I enjoy playing both. The sorceror is a madman at blowing sh....stuff up. But I have really enjoyed running PUG flashpoints (your mileage may vary) as a healer with my commando.

I plan on getting two more characters to the level 40 range and then push them one at a time through to level cap. But as I am apparently afflicted with adult onset ADD, that may change in the next five minutes.

Having raced to the endgame elsewhere, and having taken my time and enjoyed the ride, I really suggest finding yourself a happy medium. The game will only end when they pull the plug on the servers.

Yea 1 or 2 of you have touched on this..

If your racing to 60 to do an event or some such something... don't bother.. because at 60 there seriously is NOTHING to do other than running ops and these eevents (which are few and far between... many don't require 60..)

Now if your racing to 60 because you want to start raiding then by all means... but, honestly there isn't much else to do..

yea with 12xp you could put a toon to 55 in just a few hours, 2xp you could push yourself and grind in probably 1 - 1/12 days (i brought a 22 and a 15 to 60 during the last one, also got a level 15-33... and other than 6 hours of sleep per night I was on swtor almost the entire time.. in kdy....)

But with no specials and regular old boosts, 2 days + depending on playstyle.. though, to reiterate, if you enjoy the class storyline, the STORY aspect, don't rush it.. theres nothing at the end of this rainbow for you..

Yeah 2 weeks I wrote was equivalent to what you say for a normal user

your right though, 48 hours of play time

SOR alone can be fully completed in 8-16 hours

Makeb is even faster with the 200% orbital buff bonus for exploration

Said it before and say it again, anyone that has trouble leveling in this game should probably pack up and move on from MMORPGs in general as SW:TOR has redefined the meaning of easy mode play and ultra fast leveling.

I do not expect ANY TITLE to ever be this simple again in the AAA MMORPG subscriber genre

While this game is easy to level in , it's certainly not the easiest game to level in. Everquest 2 for instance, with he right set up you can have a character maxed within a few hours ( and that game has 100 levels and 320 aa levels ( if I remember correctly, I'm sure there are other games out there equally easy to level up in.

Swtor is pretty simple game leveling wise. Pretty easy. Honestly this is a game where the leveling portion far out weighs the end game. The End Game isn't great and I prefer the leveling experience. So I end up taking my time exploring and doing everything along the way. Of course I am not really an Operations guy so of course the end game is lacking for me.

Yea 1 or 2 of you have touched on this..

If your racing to 60 to do an event or some such something... don't bother.. because at 60 there seriously is NOTHING to do other than running ops and these eevents (which are few and far between... many don't require 60..)

Now if your racing to 60 because you want to start raiding then by all means... but, honestly there isn't much else to do..

yea with 12xp you could put a toon to 55 in just a few hours, 2xp you could push yourself and grind in probably 1 - 1/12 days (i brought a 22 and a 15 to 60 during the last one, also got a level 15-33... and other than 6 hours of sleep per night I was on swtor almost the entire time.. in kdy....)

But with no specials and regular old boosts, 2 days + depending on playstyle.. though, to reiterate, if you enjoy the class storyline, the STORY aspect, don't rush it.. theres nothing at the end of this rainbow for you..

Well don't forget ranked PVP! Can't do that if you aren't level 60.

It took under 60 hours to reach level cap for the first person to hit 50 when the game was released. Since then they have added a number of various boosts, such as bonus experience for being part of a guild, experience buffs you can purchase, and many things have been made significantly easier. If you have already leveled a character or two and bought the legacy buffs you can increase your leveling speed even further.

Add in easy to run FP's like KDY etc. and its incredibly easy to level very quickly if you want to and I would suggest its likely not more than 60 hours for 0-60 if you wanted to push it faster you likely could.

I leveled a new toon on a new server (no legacy perks to start - and no class buffs other than the class i was leveling) from 1 to 60 and the /played command displays 3 days, 6 hours , 24 minutes - or about 78 hours of game play time.

I used minor and major experience buffs and added the legacy perks for class xp, exploration xp, and flashpoint xp as the legacy level requirement was met and i could afford the credits (first toon on this legacy so i didn't have a lot of money).

I ran all quests on each planet (class, world, and side quests) but did not run flash-points nor heroic quests (other than the 2+ man versions on occasion).

Once i hit about level 49 i went to makeb and leveled there running all quests and the daily's. If i didn't make it to level 55 i went back and finished the class quest only on corriella until the conclusion of the class story arc.

From there i just ran daily's on mekeb, section X, etc. until i hit level 55.

Once at level 55 i ran the prelude to revan, and then the revan expansion.

EDIT: I also spacebar'd through most dialogs (like wear out my space bar speed).

Edited by OrumPotte

Do tell how you get from Lvl 1 - 60 in 6 hours...... then pass the hashpipe you have been smoking...lol :D

You can powerlevel a toon in (if i remember correcly) about 4 hours with a 2xp event... (powerlevel in the actual sense.. having a max level run with you killing stuff)

I remember my 12xp taking about a day for one toon.. so around 8-12 hours.. I'm very sure you could easily do it in 6 if you were grinding hard and really tried.

And yes, I deff forgot about ranked PVP at 60.. I'm not a PVPer so I didn't think about it!

While this game is easy to level in , it's certainly not the easiest game to level in. Everquest 2 for instance, with he right set up you can have a character maxed within a few hours ( and that game has 100 levels and 320 aa levels ( if I remember correctly, I'm sure there are other games out there equally easy to level up in.

lol played EQ2, EQ2 was ultra hard mode (not really) compared to this game

Sorry but been in this genre since 1991 (NWN on AOL) and this IS the easist MMORPG to level in, in the history of AAA MMORPGs. WOW use to be but Rift took that mantles and SWTOR is heads and feet easier then Rift now