I challenge you!

UlaVii

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've not really been using the forums much but I knew this was the place to come if I wanted to contact pilots outside my server.

So some of our pilots took you up on your "generous offers" to checkout your servers:

Neutrinos on T3-M4

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/796984/original.png?1424816435

Kalessian on Bastion (about 200ms ping)

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/796477/original.jpg?1424683157

They didn't seem to do so bad in ships with no upgrades ;)

I'm going to keep pushing things on my server, everyone seems excited that things are getting organised and several of the pilots across guilds have been working together to ensure our weekly GSF event gets the attention it needs. We'll increase GSF recruitment and training over the next few weeks as I'd like to improve our pop times and that will only happen with more people joining in.

They didn't seem to do so bad in ships with no upgrades ;)

Good pilots in stock ships usually are better than the majority of other pilots. I think we had a thread about this some time ago.

Maybe I'll start a character on your server when I have the time. That would be one more in my collection of level 1-15 characters with low requisition ships that I don't have the time to play again.

Hey Aurellan, I could add you but your Rebel Dream guild leader will probably kick you from his guild for associating with us. He's done it in the past when he had a falling out with Outbreak, he kicked everybody that had alts in there with no notice. Maybe he won't realise though, it's up to you, I would love to count you as one of us as I know you're a super sharp pilot :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCFmF43N6Q

One of my games at The Bastion. All games were quite similiar to this one but it was quite fun to fly a stock strike fighter after a loooong time. Anyways, hopefully I will see someone flying at the skies of The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. So far only met Drakolich. If you plan to check the Tomb out and seek for a group, contact me ( Kalessian ).

Peace \/

Gz, you flown vs the biggest nabs on T3-M4 and were defeted ...

So make some more games, may u will fly vs me and then we will see ;)

I dont really know "the biggest nabs" on our server, but it looks like you do on yours. Probably, you memorized their nicks, when you were constantly insulting them, right ?

Today @ 8 PM GMT We'll be having a weekly GSF event. Anyone who wants to join are welcome, whisper me (Kalessian on Empire or Kalesbane on Republic) and I'll be sure to add you to one of the groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYh9gye1S1U

One of many games during our Weekly StarFighter PvP Event.

I have noticed that some people tend to show off their negative attitude, don't bother with it, this video isn't for you. Any troll/negative comments will be ignored.

However, players all around the globe are welcome to join us on Sundays :).

Though I couldn't join That Super Serious Starfighter Night At The Bastion, I'm still rolling on The Bastion 3 nights a week, hopefully, I'll get to meet more local aces.

Aaaand like I always say - Peace Fellow Pilots! \/

I have noticed that some people tend to show off their negative attitude, don't bother with it, this video isn't for you. Any troll/negative comments will be ignored.

Though I couldn't join That Super Serious Starfighter Night At The Bastion, I'm still rolling on The Bastion 3 nights a week, hopefully, I'll get to meet more local aces.

Good old double pre-made vs noobs... been there done that. Fun for the first 100 games or so... Did you manage to record anything with a closer score like 50:49 or 1000:999? That would be more fun to watch.

Glad you guys had fun. :)

But in all seriousness I have no idea why you would post a video like this.

Look forward to seeing you on Bastion though, however if you're looking to fight any of the local aces on there you're going to have to queue between 9pm-3am EST, which is 2am-8am GMT.

We've been queue ing Republic side on ToFN during your primetime quite a bit lately been having fun fighting you guys. I have to say for the 20 games I have played your server is the most lopsided faction wise I have ever seen of the 11 I play on. Now 20 games is a rather small sample size so I'm trying to vary when I play to see if it changes.

First of all, I recorded the video for the guild so everyone could see it how's it like on those GSF Nights because majority of the guild have no clue about GSF. Secondly, I couldn't think of any reason how would it hurt to share it not only among the guild but on the global community as well.

You were saying about that double premade vs noobs, I knew someone will have to bring it up, so what? We don't choose our opposition, matchmaking does. I play against whoever I am matched against either is it an ace or a new player.

Sure, I am looking forward meeting you at The Bastion too. Kale'smw is my name there, please add it somewhere and contact me if you're happen to be online. Same goes to me if you're playing at the Tomb.

Hope I answered your questions, usually I don't bother with long explaining posts because my English sucks and don't see much reason in long replies. I'd rather keep my mouth shut and just play the game I love.

Hey, ha crazy time zone differences, it's pretty cool that you have (for us) such late night matches, fills in the biggest quiet time.

Most of our aces fly both sides so we tend to balance things out ourselves but on certain weeks, like this one with the Gree or ones where our guilds are making conquest pushes then things do become lop-sided. This week I had asked those in my guild to fly Imp side to get conquest points as I wanted some more Encryptions for our guild ship. I'm making a push to finish it this week so more of the credits the guild earns can go towards larger prizes and rewards. I'd like to start giving prizes out during the Sunday GSF event as I think it's a cool/naughty way to encourage more guildies to fly.

Most of us have our main guild allegiances on Imp side and the only 2 people who are actively recruiting pilots and organising teams are myself and Vospirus (Imp). Over the last week I've only seen 1-2 of the Rep only aces on. Imp side seems to keep getting stronger though. My plan is to start advertising on a regular basis in both factions to get more people flying. I've been asking the other guild pilots to start writing in /PvP to nudge people to join in and later this week I'll start guiding non guildies/aces towards Sunday as the big night to team up.

I think Kale just posted the video to show it was a fun match, it wasn't meant to be "look how great we are" but I'm sure after your feedback he'll probably shift to uploading more of those kind of matches as well :rak_tongue:

It's difficult for me to spend so much time on Rep side as it means I'm disconnected from my guild. I've tried to put some time aside to advertise for people to advertise but I've just been extremely busy lately. It's a bad loop, currently I don't have time to advertise which means I need other people to advertise for me but the only way to get them is to advertise! I've taken this week off work and fight training so I will work hard to solve as many problems as I can in this short time. Starfighter-wise I'll put a greater emphasis on getting somebody to push it more from Rep side. I'll update the main post over the next couple of days to reflect this plus I'll be making a GSF post in the ToFN forum to encourage more people to flex their wings.

I know some people have got a bit hot and heated about my post/challenge but the point was to open the gateway to the outer world and I think that worked. It's cool to have people adding our server to their rotation and our pilots seem to be enjoying checking out the other servers.

In a way, this video serves its purpose - we need more good pilots on republic side. Outside prime hours its more balanced, but still. I think, the whole purpose of this thread is to encourage ppl to at least try our server and strenghten our gsf community.

First of all, I recorded the video for the guild so everyone could see it how's it like on those GSF Nights because majority of the guild have no clue about GSF. Secondly, I couldn't think of any reason how would it hurt to share it not only among the guild but on the global community as well.

You were saying about that double premade vs noobs, I knew someone will have to bring it up, so what? We don't choose our opposition, matchmaking does. I play against whoever I am matched against either is it an ace or a new player.

Sure, I am looking forward meeting you at The Bastion too. Kale'smw is my name there, please add it somewhere and contact me if you're happen to be online. Same goes to me if you're playing at the Tomb.

Hope I answered your questions, usually I don't bother with long explaining posts because my English sucks and don't see much reason in long replies. I'd rather keep my mouth shut and just play the game I love.

Ya that makes sense you wanted to show your guildies you guys playing. I guess I'm just used too seeing videos on the forums trying to either to teach or show some exceptional feat they want to show off.

You're right this in now way hurts anyone, but what I was trying to convey is it doesn't add much either. Full on slaughter videos aren't that exciting to watch. Also we know all too well we don't choose our opposition the point was that you do get to choose which videos to post.

Anyways those were just my thoughts on why I asked you posted. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad you posted this video I got to see your style of flying which is always interesting, I've watched your others on your youtube before. I was just wondering why you picked that match specifically. :)

Ya that makes sense you wanted to show your guildies you guys playing. I guess I'm just used too seeing videos on the forums trying to either to teach or show some exceptional feat they want to show off.

You're right this in now way hurts anyone, but what I was trying to convey is it doesn't add much either. Full on slaughter videos aren't that exciting to watch. Also we know all too well we don't choose our opposition the point was that you do get to choose which videos to post.

Anyways those were just my thoughts on why I asked you posted. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad you posted this video I got to see your style of flying which is always interesting, I've watched your others on your youtube before. I was just wondering why you picked that match specifically. :)

Aye, mate I totally hear where you are coming from. I fully understand that the video itself is interesting for my guildies, not global players. Thanks for pointing out, it really wasn't my intention to like "Hey I post video where we own everybody to prove that we are awesome", I am not that shortsighted to think that we are the only ones good @ GSF, I fully understand that every server has it's own aces. I picked that video because that match was the only one I recorded, believe it or not. Before you say it, yes I understand that I should have recorded all the matches and then picked the most excited/hardest/most tense etc. But hey, I just got my feet wet in the global GSF community, I'm just a rookie.

Once again, thanks for pointing out your thoughts, I will bear those in mind before I upload my next video.

Peace, man ;)

P.S. See ya on The Bastion!

You know what this thread says to any new pilots looking for info about GSF?

What a bunch of jerks out stroken some epeen.

Next time, less "we are ******es, pheerus!" and more any_drak_or_yallia_organized_event.

Lol, for some reason this thread title made me immediately think of Pokémon (prob cause my kids are really into it)

I accept your challenge!

Warcarrier! I choose you!

Warcarrier! Use seeker mine attack!

hmmm, you defeated my warcarrier... no problem, I was just warming up...

Novadive! Your up!

Edited by gsummers
make addition

I really enjoy with these guys in GSF, and some of them are nearby aces, Georgewhite over all. I admit he's probably the best pilot i've ever played.

But i cannot forget that Vospirus, Aurellan, Neutrinos, Chobinica are guys that can make your challenge very hard.

I have not seen cowards among these guys, some of them prefer work smartly in team, others are solitary. But they are all equally strong, although with very different characteristics.

In the GSF, as in traditional WZ, is the team that wins, not the individual. Speeches like 1vs1 or 2vs2, for me have little value, no one can think of winning a GSF alone.

In the GSF, as in traditional WZ, is the team that wins, not the individual. Speeches like 1vs1 or 2vs2, for me have little value, no one can think of winning a GSF alone.

I NEVER try to 1v1 if I can help it. Mainly because I'm not that great a flier, don't fly a battlescout and I'm a bit of a coward, so I rather slide behind someone and shoot them in the back before running away and finding someone else not aiming at me lol

I NEVER try to 1v1 if I can help it. Mainly because I'm not that great a flier, don't fly a battlescout and I'm a bit of a coward, so I rather slide behind someone and shoot them in the back before running away and finding someone else not aiming at me lol

Totaly agree, this is a winning formula, although sometimes you need to get into a 1vs1 combat with the strongest opponent and probably be killed, but spamming the best oponent player repays with a win sometimes, if your team is better in majority.

Or if you're such great and amazing pilots - you can roll new toons on:

The Bastion

The Ebon Hawk

The Harbinger

The Shadowlands

and show us what you've got in there.

Since you throw a challenge - feel free to drop by. Since you claim you're the best, you won't mind loosing a home advantage and mastered ships, right? What is a mastered ship to an ace? They can do well even with stocks and upgrade them fairly fast.

Edit:

Or why don't you throw a challenge on Jung Ma (rumored as a server without GSF) or some other Not-very-GSF-active-server and invite other aces there?

You will have better chances going against each other and determining who's better without anyone having a home advantage.

so much peenhurt

• 4 months later...

Most of us have alts we fly with but I only listed one character for each of us, besides, I haven't seen Moralist flying for ages now ;)

Would you like me to switch the names around? Which guild shall I put for you?