Essential Purchases With Cartel Coins?

HonorThyGamer

I'm thinking about spending a hefty amount of money on cartel coins. Like 14k in coins. That's $100 as long as you buy it from Amazon. I want to use that many coins intelligently and still have some left over, so no packs, just account wide unlocks and such.

I was just curious what you guys consider to be important unlocks if you had the coins in order to do it? I have a pretty good idea of that, but if I'm going to spend this much money I want someone else's opinion.

I was thinking inventory unlocks, all ship upgrades (like GTN and such) storage upgrade, and some Collection unlocks. What else would you guys suggest? I've already looked at some guides but wow are they outdated.

Edited by HonorThyGamer

Treek + her contract in collections (its under special in the first Cartel category in collections)

legacy storage tabs

account wide unlock a couple of nice crystals, like derelict purple and mint green hawkeye and war hero if u pvp,

rocket boost + upgrades,

quick travel cooldown upgrade (not fleet pass, is redundant with stronghold),

a couple of nice armor sets if you have them,

a nice lightsaber if u got it

Possibly a pistol and rifle

Just a few things I can think of

Edited by wiredgutter

I can not find that in the CM. I know it was there, I bought two of the, but I can't find it in the CM again. Was it removed?

I have all 5 unlocked, but if I recall when you open your legacy bank there should be a tab for additional tabs, once you click that it gives you the CC option

For $100 I would just subscribe. Much more bang for your buck, believe me.

I was thinking about getting a six month subscription as well.

In your position, I'd just buy a hypercrate, sell it for a cool 7+ mil and use that cash for stuff, but that's me.

People actually pay that much for those money sinks?

No offense - but how can you ask that question when you are talking about dropping $100 on cartel coins? lol

Well there is a difference. Buying those things is like gambling. You can purchase a hypercrate of them and not get the item you're looking for. I'm trying to determine what I should purchase that would be the most useful to me without gambling with my money. ;)

also important to legacy unlock some +41 crystals that can be used on all alts

If you have a Legacy weapon you can avoid having to spend CC to unlock crystals for your legacy. You will need some credits to remove the crystal from the weapon on each character you want to add it to your collections on.

Unless I missed an update that stops this from still working.

Well there is a difference. Buying those things is like gambling. You can purchase a hypercrate of them and not get the item you're looking for. I'm trying to determine what I should purchase that would be the most useful to me without gambling with my money. ;)

So when we gamble and list the items on the GTN you don't purchase them right?

So when we gamble and list the items on the GTN you don't purchase them right?

He never said anything to that effect, he simply stated he doesn't like to gamble his own real money. I agree with him, I buy items from packs I want off others with in game currency. I use my CC for account unlocks like armor sets and QoL improvements.

What others do with their real money is their business, I am supplying them with credits in exchange.

If you have a Legacy weapon you can avoid having to spend CC to unlock crystals for your legacy. You will need some credits to remove the crystal from the weapon on each character you want to add it to your collections on.

Unless I missed an update that stops this from still working.

That should still work fine. I used to do that, but it can get annoying if you have a bunch of alts. Every time you create a new one you have to find a character who has it unlocked, find a legacy weapon, put it in and transfer it over (easier now with the legacy bank though). I eventually caved and spent a few of my free coins to just unlock a hawkeye and indesctructible of the green core and derelict purple.

Edited by MillionsKNives

He never said anything to that effect, he simply stated he doesn't like to gamble his own real money. I agree with him, I buy items from packs I want off others with in game currency. I use my CC for account unlocks like armor sets and QoL improvements.

What others do with their real money is their business, I am supplying them with credits in exchange.

Thanks for explaining that, I wasn't quite sure what he was saying in the first place.

My essentials are always for my new characters.

I never, ever start a toon without purchasing....

1. All Class Mission xp unlocks found in the character perk section

2. Exploration xp buff found in character perk section

3. Companion affection buffs

4. Two crates of xp buffs on CM

Aside from this, my must haves are legacy unlocks (armor, weapons, color crystals, mounts...), quick travel unlocks (it shortens the cooldowns), and priority transports.

Edited by Amadahy

Buy Treek and then unlock account wide. Maybe then other accountwide unlocks such as access to cargo bays guild banks if you don't already have them. As for hypergate that you can get Mils on the GTN, well never had that myself cartel stuff just does not get as much these days. Sure some items do sell but those items are normally things you want your self, so buying one seem not the way to go as your not likely going to get two of such items. Ok if buying loads of hyergates sure but 1? But I ask you this is spending real money for in-game credits worth it? I don't think so myself. If you do then sure but its a risk as each pack is random.

Unity is good account wide! as are at least 1 unlock for which ever +41 crystal you like best once you have it. As is a certain armour sets you like if you have them.

Edited by DreadtechSavant