This isn't goodbye…

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost four(!) years ago, I joined the SWTOR Community team. It’s been an amazing ride and I’ve learned so much not only from my teammates (yes, even Musco :jawa_wink:), but all of you. Your constant enthusiasm and passion for SWTOR has been a daily motivator for me. From Cantinas to livestreams, I’ve enjoyed meeting some of you and chatting about everything from string cheese to our favorite companions.

I would only give up these daily interactions with all of you for a truly great opportunity. I am happy to announce that I have been offered my dream job of becoming a writer at BioWare. This has been my career goal ever since I first loaded up Dragon Age: Origins. At the time, I was leaning more into comics, but that game literally changed my life – I switched career paths and have done everything in my power to reach this point. To say I am excited would be a great understatement! I’ve been over the moon since I was offered the position.

I’ll still be around – less in General Discussion and more in Story and Lore – but I will no longer be a member of the community team. I look forward to hearing your feedback when my work goes into the game. If you want to see some of my work, check out the Darth Marr and Theron Shan blogs we recently posted!

Thank you for a great four years! I’ll see y’all around. :jawa_biggrin:

Congrats! See you around :p

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I have seen the question a few times, we will be replacing Courtney's role on the team. It will be going up at some point in the next few days to our EA/BioWare job listings site. And don't worry, I am still going to try to make her do stuff for us, like write more story blogs :rak_03:.

-eric

Hey folks!

I have seen the question a few times, we will be replacing Courtney's role on the team. It will be going up at some point in the next few days to our EA/BioWare job listings site. And don't worry, I am still going to try to make her do stuff for us, like write more story blogs :rak_03:.

-eric

I'm glad you added in the word 'role' because she'll never be replaced in true spirit. Whoever comes aboard has large shoes to fill... ;)

Congratulations Courtney! Wishing you all the best with your Dream Job! :)

Will Courtney's position be replaced? Please do replace it because I know those of us in the blogging, podcasting and streaming community have appreciated the increased communication from you guys and we'd hate to see it go away.

[Edit] Oh that's great to hear you'll be replacing her Eric!

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Hey folks!

-eric

Just dropping by to tell you that I am unfortunately not available for the soon to be listed position. I did a Courtney myself this week and will start a great job in another country next month. Sorry, Eric. But I am confident that you find another suitable candidate.

;)

I am very happy for you. It is great to see a talented individual rewarded for their efforts. I do hope and pray you have an active role in the story forum and give us nice little story pieces for months and years to come. Is there also a way to give us a rundown of how stories in a Bioware studio are constructed? Getting insight like that has been a dream.