This isn't goodbye…

CourtneyWoods

Hey folks!

I have seen the question a few times, we will be replacing Courtney's role on the team. It will be going up at some point in the next few days to our EA/BioWare job listings site. And don't worry, I am still going to try to make her do stuff for us, like write more story blogs :rak_03:.

-eric

Oh yeah, you should totally hire me, with all my politically correct ways. :rolleyes:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Courtney! I hope your dream job will become everything you've ever hoped for!

And who knows, perhaps you'll even have enough stroke one day to get the powers that be to finally greenlight an option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat in TOR for an upcoming patch. ;)

Congratulations Courtney, not many ppl get their dream job. I guess you will be on the Story teams new story lines coming up.? I'll miss ur outgoing attitude.

Good luck, and always be sure to do research on Wookiepedia for support. :)

Did Hillary leave? I really liked her to.?

Almost four(!) years ago, I joined the SWTOR Community team. It’s been an amazing ride and I’ve learned so much not only from my teammates (yes, even Musco :jawa_wink:), but all of you. Your constant enthusiasm and passion for SWTOR has been a daily motivator for me. From Cantinas to livestreams, I’ve enjoyed meeting some of you and chatting about everything from string cheese to our favorite companions.

I would only give up these daily interactions with all of you for a truly great opportunity. I am happy to announce that I have been offered my dream job of becoming a writer at BioWare. This has been my career goal ever since I first loaded up Dragon Age: Origins. At the time, I was leaning more into comics, but that game literally changed my life – I switched career paths and have done everything in my power to reach this point. To say I am excited would be a great understatement! I’ve been over the moon since I was offered the position.

I’ll still be around – less in General Discussion and more in Story and Lore – but I will no longer be a member of the community team. I look forward to hearing your feedback when my work goes into the game. If you want to see some of my work, check out the Darth Marr and Theron Shan blogs we recently posted!

Thank you for a great four years! I’ll see y’all around. :jawa_biggrin:

Congrats!!! Thanks for everything you've done on the community side :)

It was an inappropriate thread to vent your feelings. There is plenty of times I've seen where such a comment would have been virtually ignored. Hell some people in other threads have flat out called Eric Musco a moron and incompetent and those comments are still here.

There is a multitude of threads you can voice your discontent without fear of retribution. This one obviously wasn't one of those. It was just being rude on a good bye thread. I didn't report it, but I thought about it. Ultimately either someone else did or one of the mod team took upon themselves. Courtney didn't do nothing. Probably not any of the Community Managers faults they are hesitant to release information. They can only do as much as the developers allow them to I suspect.

Again, this is about double standards and a "community team" that is absolutely out of touch with the community.

Let me ask you, if I posted a "goodbye" thread, what do you think would happen to it? Are goodbye threads allowed in accordance with forum rules? Why close and delete threads by paying customers for doing EXACTLY what the "community team" is doing here?

My criticism isn't directed specifically at the named staff member, but is more directed at how there is a critical failure in overall communications with the community. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate community relations from Bioware as 2/10, i.e. absolutely unacceptable.

It's time for a change, although, in my opinion, much more sweeping changes are necessary to salvage what's left of the SWTOR community.

Again, this is about double standards and a "community team" that is absolutely out of touch with the community.

Let me ask you, if I posted a "goodbye" thread, what do you think would happen to it? Are goodbye threads allowed in accordance with forum rules? Why close and delete threads by paying customers for doing EXACTLY what the "community team" is doing here?

My criticism isn't directed specifically at the named staff member, but is more directed at how there is a critical failure in overall communications with the community. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate community relations from Bioware as 2/10, i.e. absolutely unacceptable.

It's time for a change, although, in my opinion, much more sweeping changes are necessary to salvage what's left of the SWTOR community.

I just merely thought it was inappropriate to make within the context of this thread. Even people in here who have been very vocal about the disconnect between the management and communication with players didn't really comment as to her role within the community team. They said good bye and wished her luck.

You may have not addressed her personally, but you addressed the team as whole, which put her within the lot of "silent and useless". It was rude imo.

I honestly haven't seen that many "good bye" threads deleted. That is unless it was just so full of rage and/or profanity. I have seen some of these threads moved to off-topic though. For example this one.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=796001

You're well within your right to post threads that are critical of the staff, assuming there isn't too much mudslinging and I agree that the community team could do a better job, but I don't really feel its right to put people down for what they did as they had a moment of truimp, like Courtney did in moving up to a SWTOR writer.

Is this the correct threat to vent your frustration when this is a thread about a promotion?