No Hatred Nerfs?!?!?

Theology

The big issue is PvE. If they nerf the damage there will be no sin dps class that will be worth taking into top tier raids.

For BW, PvE > coffee break >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PvP.

Edit- is it underperforming in PvE? This is news to me.

Edited by sithBracer

They can change pvp without affecting pve. I think the biggest change would be self-heals. This doesn't affect pve damage output, but it affects pvp. Also, reduce the effectiveness of dot spread. Shouldn't be too much of a problem in pve, definitely an improvement in pvp.

They can change pvp without affecting pve. I think the biggest change would be self-heals. This doesn't affect pve damage output, but it affects pvp. Also, reduce the effectiveness of dot spread. Shouldn't be too much of a problem in pve, definitely an improvement in pvp.

Yeah, I thought getting rid of DoT spread would be ok too, but was told by a few people that it is necessary for some adds phases. Self healing I'm sure will be toned down, unless BW has a PvE reason not to.

Edited by sithBracer

Hatred is underperforming in PvE which means its untouchable.

10/10. Most of the time when you see a class over-performing or at least doing a decent job in PVE, and seems overpowered in PvP, that's when you know nerf hammers come. For example, I've already got memes prepared for force storm nerf.

Yet when you see a class over-performing in PVE, yet under-performing in PvP, that is when the buff would never come. For example, merc is massively superior in PVE, whether it's offensive or defensive or even healing, so I don't reckon a buff coming any time soon.

The point and plain fact is: Bioware has made it very clear that it is their intention to prioritize PvE balance over PvP balance, as they would hardly ever nerfing a class that is already not doing so well in PvE.

I just have a hard time understanding why a sin would need a 12 sec CC immunity for PVE.

They don't bioware seems to design all utilities for PvP and DPS/HPS/threat output for PvE. Unfortunately when a class is overpowered in PvP because of its output.....

Smash was never doing well in pve that I know of, it still got nerfed into the ground not too long ago - just for pvp. The precedent is there. Also, operatives.

Orbital strike was nerfed as well. An aoe that hits for 10k every 12 seconds is OP in PVE. Mara and jugg also had other viable specs. Sins do not. Tanking yes but forcing every sin to tank isnt what BW wants to do.

Orbital strike was nerfed as well. An aoe that hits for 10k every 12 seconds is OP in PVE. Mara and jugg also had other viable specs. Sins do not. Tanking yes but forcing every sin to tank isnt what BW wants to do.

Orbital strike has nothing to do with anything - that was a pve nerf. There have been several pve nerfs, even recently.

Juggs were never good smashers and didn't have a viable nontank spec -until- they got the new ed/fd (which, coincidentally, happened at exactly the same time that smash was nerfed). After smash was nerfed maras started to leave any representation near the top of the solo leaderboards - anni was garbage in pvp and carnage was only useful in group ranked or with friends supporting you. And then it got nerfed...

Edited by Savej

I just have a hard time understanding why a sin would need a 12 sec CC immunity for PVE.

Its obvious that sin / sorc are the favorite classes of the BW employees, and if they get killed by a merc, gunslinger, etc, then the class that killed them gets nerfed, and their precious sorc / sin gets buffed.

Yep, self heals and long CC imunity is what makes the spec above OP.

Just make the 12 seconds a movement-impairements immunity instead, cause before 3.0, Sins were strong and in a good place without having this god mode in this huge CC fest game.

And tune down the self heals, 50k+ heals in an arena fight for a stealth class with a lot of controls, taunts, TP and good DPS is something I can't understand.

You can't have everything and claim it legit or needed.

It won't impact PvE and it will make the class at the level of sorcs, juggs and PT, which is still a really good place.

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Yep, self heals and long CC imunity is what makes the spec above OP.

Just make the 12 seconds a movement-impairements immunity instead, cause before 3.0, Sins were strong and in a good place without having this god mode in this huge CC fest game.

And tune down the self heals, 50k+ heals in an arena fight for a stealth class with a lot of controls, taunts, TP and good DPS is something I can't understand.

You can't have everything and claim it legit or needed.

It won't impact PvE and it will make the class at the level of sorcs, juggs and PT, which is still a really good place.

But the problem is that they'll only fix this when 3.2 hits - and that's the earliest. S4 will be well on its way when a nerf hits - even if it's a hotfix.

Hatred is underperforming in PvE which means its untouchable.

It's more that Hatred is simply "OK" in PvE, which means that they don't want any nerf in PvP to affect PvE at all. I'm guessing a Rage type nerf that changes DoT spread against players.

But Mercs? They might as well stop asking for anything other than an anti-focus tool. Mercs are stupid good in PvE. Most of the buffs people ask for here, would just make them that much more insane in PvE.

Most of the buffs people ask for here, would just make them that much more insane in PvE.

Correction IO is stupid good in PvE. Arsenal parses....well, nobody knows how arsenal parses because it's so bad that nobody wants to post a Arsenal parse.

Also all of the merc suggestions that I have read have nearly all been defensive oriented.

Bioware is in a bit of a pickle regarding Sins in Hatred Spec.

In PVE the self heals are a decent compensation for the higher incoming damage thanks to the comparatively low armour.

And the defensive cooldowns are rather important in the current, often melee unfriendly, tier of Ops.

Be it Torques fire vents or exploding carts on Bulo etc.

Changes here would have to be done carefully, to not make the life of a Shadow/Sin in PVE Ops a lot harder.

Their raw DPS numbers are pretty in line with the majority of the DPS classes, so any nerf to a particular ability would have to be compensated elsewhere. That makes nerfing the burst of the spec rather complex, without redesigning the whole thing.

And Dot-Spread is something Bioware added in 3.0 to allow every class and spec to deal decent AOE damage. Thats not really something I agree with as a goal, but I doubt they are going to abandon that principle that soon.