Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

HM Battle of Rishi and Blood Hunt too easy?

These two new flashpoints are for me a bit easy, even if some bosses new a particular strat, this is a pretty good work from Bioware, to have made some "hard" bosses. I think that bonus bosses or some other couldn't be done with pick-up groups, excepted if the pick-up are actually great.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree spent 2hrs on the first boss in blood hunt today didn't get past 50% the damage going out is nasty

I agree. The first boss in Blood Hunt is a significant DPS check to clear the adds fast enough on the first two waves before they enrage. Random SM-warrior Fleet PUGs are going to be stonewalled there.

I agree. The first boss in Blood Hunt is a significant DPS check to clear the adds fast enough on the first two waves before they enrage. Random SM-warrior Fleet PUGs are going to be stonewalled there.

I agree. I've been healing this today and every group I've been in has failed to enrage on Gemas’rugam. The healing seems tuned ok (provided everyone avoids AoEs), maybe a little high as I am in decent gear with full 6-piece set bonus. The DPS check is way over-tuned for the suggested gear rating of 178. It's also another hate-on-melee fight.

Edited by XORDYH

Bonus boss in rishi is pretty legit. Dulfy did it with two healers, but doing the correct comp it's pretty difficult. Likely the fight is all of 1:45 minutes, if you get a third compound 17 cast I doubt any group using the standard comp would survive through it. Edited by mastirkal

These two new flashpoints are for me a bit easy, even if some bosses new a particular strat, this is a pretty good work from Bioware, to have made some "hard" bosses. I think that bonus bosses or some other couldn't be done with pick-up groups, excepted if the pick-up are actually great.

You must be in like, Revan gear or something, because I struggled and I am very well geared.

I am decked out in 192's head to toe, with augments, and I was struggling like hell to keep the group alive playing as a healer. The Bonus boss on Rishi is absolutely sinister with the mechanics, and is most likely going to be ignored with most Group Finder based groups. With this guy the dial is turned up to 11. So I won't be attempting him again in a pug and will refuse to do so, its just not worth is with how much it will cost to repair for 2 coms.

No idea about Blood hunt, I haven't attempted that yet. But, we'll see.

Bonus boss in rishi is pretty legit. Dulfy did it with two healers, but doing the correct comp it's pretty difficult. Likely the fight is all of 1:45 minutes, if you get a third compound 17 cast I doubt any group using the standard comp would survive through it.

Yeah that's downright cheesy.

With tank/dpsx2/healer your healer will struggle and you have a good chance of having DPS/tank who can't adjust their own stacks.

Did it with 2 guild members and a pug dps

1:45?

MMkay, killed it in 3:36 while facetanking him for the last 20-30 seconds (tank and other dps dead) and doing 800k out of his 1m health.

And that was after a fair few tries.

Edited by Gyronamics

I agree. I've been healing this today and every group I've been in has failed to enrage on Gemas’rugam. The healing seems tuned ok (provided everyone avoids AoEs), maybe a little high as I am in decent gear with full 6-piece set bonus. The DPS check is way over-tuned for the suggested gear rating of 178. It's also another hate-on-melee fight.

Yeah, the dps for that fight is really tight. Tried it yesterday with my healer. Couldn't finish it. A merc and an assassin dpsing. A gazillion circles on the ground, electro nets, cones, more circles, electric domes, and also some circle as well to mix things up, lol.... I pitied the melee dude there.... seriously...

Yeah that's downright cheesy.

With tank/dpsx2/healer your healer will struggle and you have a good chance of having DPS/tank who can't adjust their own stacks.

Did it with 2 guild members and a pug dps

1:45?

MMkay, killed it in 3:36 while facetanking him for the last 20-30 seconds (tank and other dps dead) and doing 800k out of his 1m health.

And that was after a fair few tries.

Both of our DPS were basically parsing at 4.5k+ I'm pushing 1.8k on my tank, 1 million doesn't take long to kill.

Disagree spent 2hrs on the first boss in blood hunt today didn't get past 50% the damage going out is nasty

^ ^ ^

I'm with this guy.......we cleared the first boss last night after about 40min of knocking our heads into the walls. BUT, that was only after we figured out how to bug the fight. Moreover, with how large the AOEs were it's very difficult for guys with bad PCs/LAG to get out of them....or to get to the adds when they pop up.

After clearing the first boss we got our stuff shoved in on the second boss....too much damage was going around. This is supposed to be content you do to get gear for OPS, not content you need full 192's to beat.

You must be in like, Revan gear or something, because I struggled and I am very well geared.

I am decked out in 192's head to toe, with augments, and I was struggling like hell to keep the group alive playing as a healer. The Bonus boss on Rishi is absolutely sinister with the mechanics, and is most likely going to be ignored with most Group Finder based groups. With this guy the dial is turned up to 11. So I won't be attempting him again in a pug and will refuse to do so, its just not worth is with how much it will cost to repair for 2 coms.

No idea about Blood hunt, I haven't attempted that yet. But, we'll see.

haha l always love a good Spinal Tap reference.

As for blood hunt the first boos is no joke. He's not nearly of a nightmare as the Rishi Bonus Boss, but he is a pain in the backside. Still haven't past it

Bonus boss in rishi is pretty legit. Dulfy did it with two healers, but doing the correct comp it's pretty difficult. Likely the fight is all of 1:45 minutes, if you get a third compound 17 cast I doubt any group using the standard comp would survive through it.

Legit? That fight is pretty much Lost Island on Steroids. Makes the bonus boss in Manaan look like child's play. I am not knocking it. I think it's great to have something this difficult in FPs again, Like the old LI days. Me and my guild plan to go at the bonus boss again try to knock him down. I must love pain :(

Problem with bonus boss reminds me of problem with droid in first version LI. If you had ranged there you could walk pass it, if you had melee, you were in for some bad time. Only difference here is that your ranged needs to have a cleanse ability as well to make it easier for them.

Problem with bonus boss reminds me of problem with droid in first version LI. If you had ranged there you could walk pass it, if you had melee, you were in for some bad time. Only difference here is that your ranged needs to have a cleanse ability as well to make it easier for them.

Well, let's see.

Jugg - has a cleanse now, tied to ED

Mara - has a cleanse now, tied to camo

Assassin - has potential for 2 cleanses, tied to shroud

Powertech - ok, but you've got Kolto to extend the end of your life

Operative - has potential for 2 cleanses, tied to evasion

Granted, I don't even know what the mechanic is, haven't done it yet. But if 1 cleanse is enough to get you by it should be doable, if you need multiple then it definitely gets tougher.

Both of our DPS were basically parsing at 4.5k+ I'm pushing 1.8k on my tank, 1 million doesn't take long to kill.

I have a black mousemat and parse 5300, neither are relevant.

You were suggesting that a standard group would likely die after 1.45, I was in such a standard group including a pug dps for over double that time including a long period as 3 players and a short period as 2 players.

There is nothing to stop you taking as long as you need to take as long as you can control stacks and manage the healing.

I believe any combo of sorc/merc/operative could 2 man it (you heard it called here first).

Edited by Gyronamics

I have a black mousemat and parse 5300, neither are relevant.

You were suggesting that a standard group would likely die after 1.45, I was in such a standard group including a pug dps for over double that time including a long period as 3 players and a short period as 2 players.

There is nothing to stop you taking as long as you need to take as long as you can control stacks and manage the healing.

I believe any combo of sorc/merc/operative could 2 man it (you heard it called here first).

Third compound 17 mix comes in at 2:30ish I said nothing about dying after 1:45. But keeping all four players up in a standard group would become difficult after the third compound 17 cast. You can finish this in fight in roughly 1:45 though is what I am saying. I don't think there is enough dps in this game in a standard group to kill him before the second compound 17 cast.

Edited by mastirkal

^ ^ ^

I'm with this guy.......we cleared the first boss last night after about 40min of knocking our heads into the walls. BUT, that was only after we figured out how to bug the fight. Moreover, with how large the AOEs were it's very difficult for guys with bad PCs/LAG to get out of them....or to get to the adds when they pop up.

After clearing the first boss we got our stuff shoved in on the second boss....too much damage was going around. This is supposed to be content you do to get gear for OPS, not content you need full 192's to beat.

I think this is the biggest issue. Especially on servers like Harbinger with a high population of Aussies. The lag check is brutal for them.

IMO, the difficulty of the 1st boss is what a bonus boss should be. This needs to be toned down a bit to account for the lag you get from across the pacific ocean.

risk vrs reward, and the new rishi hm's defintly require a higher than listed gear requirement, and a lesser payout for what is needed. this is not to grind for elite comms and gear, when you need to have the stuff it drops already. It would be worth it if they put in 192 gear with min/max mods/enh , or maybe the mod/enh as a bonus drop. I've pugged this a couple times, without the bonus boss, and you can not carry anyone that is not minimal 186/192.

my 2¢

HM BH/BoR is still easier than HM LI was in 1.2, but only slightly:D

I've been waiting for some decent flashpoints and now we have them. I'm going to run them 10 times each:) before the inevitable nerf in 3.2 or 3.3:(

Edited by AshlaBoga

I wonder if it's just a matter of time until a glitch is found that makes the annoying mechanics irrelevant, just like on tython first boss or the bonus bosses for manaan and rakata... Kind of wish they would address those, instead of ramping up the difficulty, really...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.