We're STILL waiting BioWare...You pocketed the money before destroying it..so why...

Suromir

I tried to stay out of this but there is so many people complaining about it I just can't anymore. People keep demanding answers but they already gave you their answer so move on or quit. I really don't care which. The thing is no matter what they do people are going to complain so there is no reason to do anything to the slot machine. If BW came in on this thread or any thread and said that there would be no more changes to the slot machine and this is final, it would just cause more rage. If the buff it some people would say it is not enough and the rest would say it is too much. Yes I will say your anger is justified but I must also say that this is the most bipolar, toxic, rage a holic online community that I have ever been a part of. I have greatly enjoyed this game and there are a lot of things that could be better but if you are over the age of 12 then you already know things will not go your way all the time even if you pay for it. This is the stone cold truth of this world and even the online world and if you don't like it then take your ball and go home.

As far as fixing the slots go, it won't happen. Even if they do buff it people won't be happy. If I was BW I would apologies, leave the slots like they are now and give everyone 1000 CC as an apology and leave it at that. The thing is I don't think there will be an apology or free stuff so I am going to stay a subscriber, login, and have fun killing mobs while you do what ever it is you do. Good day.:cool:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am annoyed at the nerf of certs and blue n green mats, the jawa junk needed to be toned down. What I don't like is the way this went down. I have been playing this game a long time (missed founder by 3 hours) and have spent more than I like to think about in the CM. I have stopped spending any money on CC til the complainers are squashed by Bioware or they throw the subs a bone.

Not because I am trying to "punish" Bioware, but because I don't like things changing after I bought them. The only reason I bought the hypercrate of these packs was for the slot machine (not because of mats because I don't bother to craft after 55) but because of the rep and certs. Rep maxed early and I was looking forward to getting some of the gear I have max rep for but no certs to buy. Now it is not even worth it.

Anyway the complainers should give it up because Bioware is either already going to do something soon about this or they are not and you are wasting your time in either case.

Not kidding at all, there's a minor vocal element on the forums, most folks have accepted the answer and moved on. If you insist on behaving like a 4 year old assume the rest of us will treat you like one

Four year olds don't buy things only to find they've been changed. Most idiotic analogy ever on your part.

I either want my 10,800 coins back; everyone who got the current pack off the CARTEL MARKET ONLY should get their coins back as a token of 'good will', or I want the machine adjusted to lower Jawa junk (Purple Scrap) as originally stated. I'm not letting this go either.

I either want my 10,800 coins back; everyone who got the current pack off the CARTEL MARKET ONLY should get their coins back as a token of 'good will', or I want the machine adjusted to lower Jawa junk (Purple Scrap) as originally stated. I'm not letting this go either.

You're not going to get CC refunded because your CC didn't buy the slot machine, it bought the packs.

Well the way they handled the whole thing from start (initial advertisements) to finish (overnerf and possibly blaming the community)... I cancelled my account immediately afterward. So hows that for a credit sink? They just took 30m credits and plenty of crafting mats out of the economy. And they did that all while pocketing a fairly nice amount of cash from me over the last several packs. I won't miss the cash. And I'm sure they won't either because the latest pack shows they don't care about making money anymore (all items are recolored and those hairstyles... wth!!!). Edited by Kahldor

If you want to send a actual message you should quit subbing and not log on anymore because that is the only message they will understand words on here mean nothing to them only money does.

I agree... But my 'financial protest' will be not buying any more coins, that is about $200 or so depending on pack contents.

Edited by Choloe

Some of us may have accepted the change and moved on, but our butts still hurt from the reaming they got. :( I'm not happy about the HUGE nerf to it for sure (even though it needed tweaking.)

But the only thing I can do from now on is to choose not to spend more money on Cartel Coins to try to get an item I want from a pack.

Exactly. It will be interesting to see just how successful the next pack release will be.

Always remember, a lot of the people who do not care about the nerf are people who spend next to nothing on CCs each month, and thus are utterly irrelevant in whether the nerf was a good idea or not for BW.

Marjority = the same 12 people posting about it on the forums?

Most of my guild members as of the beginning of this week didn't know what the slot was lol.

Then your guild is full of people who do not spend anything on CCs on a regular basis. BW can afford to lose the subs of people like that.

Not kidding at all, there's a minor vocal element on the forums, most folks have accepted the answer and moved on. If you insist on behaving like a 4 year old assume the rest of us will treat you like one

Since you love talking down to other adults you don't know, shall we treat you like a 4 year old?

You're behaving just like one with your comments...

Read and understand this:

They said in their first post about the slot machine before you or whoever else decided to spend apparently a bunch of real life money that they were going to CHANGE THE DROP RATES. If you are unhappy with the changed drop rate you should have waited to see what it was like BEFORE you spent more money than you would have wanted to to get the slot machine.

Read and understand this, since you clearly do not understand what Musco said.

They were looking at the drop rates of Jawa junk, no mention of anything else whatsoever in his post on the issue.

Most people accept that the JJ drop rate was screwed and would be changed.

Their issues are that the machine was made into essentially a static decoration they will never use again, since they nerfed all the drops into oblivion, whilst apparently only looking at the JJ drop rate.

A little transparency from BW would have helped somewhat.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I don't want my money back. I would like to see certs returned to 2% and the scraps completely removed from the CSM, but other than that I think it's fine as it is.

What I REALLY want is for the person or persons that designed the CSM in the first place, and then the nuke that followed to put up a blog explaining his or her actions.

That I want more than anything else. I want to meet the person that believed this was a good idea.

Exactly. It will be interesting to see just how successful the next pack release will be.

Always remember, a lot of the people who do not care about the nerf are people who spend next to nothing on CCs each month, and thus are utterly irrelevant in whether the nerf was a good idea or not for BW.

what the mat barons and gtn junkies dont understand is that what bw broke was many players trust in them. I cant speak for other peoples accounts, but I can tell you the 2 accounts I pay for are going f2p and there will be no more cc purchases. I usually bought 4 hypercrates on release day. there will be no more. it isnt just about the slot machine. its the way they have chosen to do business, to cowardly hide from any interaction with their customers. have the balls to get on your own forums and state your position biowart. dont hide behind a $30 per head cantina event and try to whitewash it. It doesnt matter if the big bad poster hurt little erics feelings. his job is to deal with it. otherwise he is just dead weight.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Yes, but we really don't know which packs sell better than others. Oh sure, we can get an idea, but not really the kind of accuracy that tells us anything...

Your second point is spot on, I suspect a lot of the people who don't care or who like the nerf weren't spending CC anyway.

Yes, but we really don't know which packs sell better than others. Oh sure, we can get an idea, but not really the kind of accuracy that tells us anything...

Your second point is spot on, I suspect a lot of the people who don't care or who like the nerf weren't spending CC anyway.

Yes, I do agree, some packs are big sellers due to the perceived value of what might be in, the last one with the new Revan stuff sold like hot cakes for example.

Looking at the next one, it is lacklustre at best, seems to be suffering from more reskin syndrome than even usual. There is nothing in it that makes me want it.

Adding that to my objections with regards to BWs honesty and integrity, this will probably be the first time since the CM launced that I will not buy 4 Hypercrates.

Yes, I do agree, some packs are big sellers due to the perceived value of what might be in, the last one with the new Revan stuff sold like hot cakes for example.

Looking at the next one, it is lacklustre at best, seems to be suffering from more reskin syndrome than even usual. There is nothing in it that makes me want it.

Adding that to my objections with regards to BWs honesty and integrity, this will probably be the first time since the CM launced that I will not buy 4 Hypercrates.

The Gatekeeper one will do very well I think, it has Satele's armor and its price keeps rising on the GTN... I quite like it, having that armor on my main (with a black/black dye, looks very nice)

Nothing since then is very interesting, but the new saber crystals look nice, but those are easy to buy off the GTN.

I'm 100% done spending any CC at all if nothing changes... Regardless of what comes out, I won't reward Bioware's behavior with more money. Perhaps my actions won't change anything, and if so, fair enough...

Only time will tell...

I'm with the OP on this (and we VERY rarely agree on anything).

Any kind of statement on the forums about this would go a long way, but the machine really does need a fix.

Right now it's not even a fun toy to play with. The odds on the machine are worse than a real slot machine in vegas.

There's no incentive at all to keep playing it.

I'm not saying "bring back the old droprates" (because those were way off), but at least make it so that you actually feel like you're getting something of value back (which is how real slot machines work. If people felt they were just wasting their money, they wouldn't play).

What are you blabbering about?

The next pack has at least 50% original outfits from the looks of it if you check out what Dulfy is showing.

Well the majority of the community does want it ... so if they do it like listening to the minority previously, they will have to find a middle to satisfy both parties. They will have to change it.

Hmmm, how did you find that the MAJORITY want it? I don't think you are a majority, are you?

Edited by saremun

Problem is you can't prove that you bought the packs just for the slot machine.

And since the onus would be on you to provide proof that the slot machine was the reason you bought the packs, then BW can simply say "Not our fault you didn't get a Vorantikus"

There are basically two ways of getting the machine:

1. You were just buying packs as usual and got a machine. No way BW should give out any returns on that.

2. You read on the forum/or heard from another player that there is a epic wealth generator inside the new packs. After that, you started to buy packs/or the machine out of the GTN. I am sorry, but when it sounds to good to be true, you always have to expect a change. So no refund here either.

On a side note, i would give out a compensation for every slot owner (a few cartel coins or so) for the bad communication about this. But thats all.

Edited by Neglience