We're STILL waiting BioWare...You pocketed the money before destroying it..so why...

Suromir

...can we not get anything out of you about the complete overkill of a nerf you did to the slot machine...??

meanwhile pocketing those extra CM sales for a WEEK before doing so?

You need to take another look and RE-TWEAK IT..and we STILL need some communication from you about it.

It certainly would be nice..since..you took our money

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the majority of the community does want it ... so if they do it like listening to the minority previously, they will have to find a middle to satisfy both parties. They will have to change it.

This is a non-issue except for a few folks that are acting like my little nephews when you take their toys away.

This is a non-issue except for a few folks that are acting like my little nephews when you take their toys away.

A few folks? You're kidding right? People have been demanding change to this since they made the horrific change. And the majority will not let this go until BW gives in.

A few folks? You're kidding right? People have been demanding change to this since they made the horrific change. And the majority will not let this go until BW gives in.

Not kidding at all, there's a minor vocal element on the forums, most folks have accepted the answer and moved on. If you insist on behaving like a 4 year old assume the rest of us will treat you like one

majority of the community... ya right, you mean a majority of forum goers... wait no I don't think that is right either.

I'd say a majority of the forums whiners would be fair though.

Remember people, you paid for CARTEL COINS. You got what you paid for. If you went and spent them on a VIRTUAL ITEM (or for that matter, on a virtual item that MAY give you the desired virtual item) and later that item got nerfed due to examination of the economic numbers, that is NOT BW fault.

Have they been overnerfed? probably. Does BW have to change it? No. Will they change it eventually? maybe, probably going to take awhile for the cesspit to settle though.

I'm not saying that the slot machine nerf wasn't overkill or it how was a stupid to release such a thing in the first place.

However, it would be hard to quantify how much they actually owe a person who got via a CP. You may have bought it with the intention of getting a slot machine but everyone knows there is no such thing a guaranteed drop from a cartel pack for the rarer items. And whether you like the other items not, you still got them and they still have some type of value associated with it.

I guess they could attach a value to that specific item and give you back its value in CC. Even thats a bit of a stretch though.

Edited by Nickious

Read and understand this:

They said in their first post about the slot machine before you or whoever else decided to spend apparently a bunch of real life money that they were going to CHANGE THE DROP RATES. If you are unhappy with the changed drop rate you should have waited to see what it was like BEFORE you spent more money than you would have wanted to to get the slot machine.

I don't know if it can be said that a majority of the community wants the change. I could perhaps speculate that a majority of folks that take ISSUE with the nuke would like to see the cert drop rate return to 2%, but even that would be speculation.

All that can be said, IMO, is that there are some folks that clearly take issue with the machine in it's current state, and some that took issue with it in it's release state.

And, generally speaking, it seems to be a common point among both groups that it was moronic to release it in it's initial state.

Some of us may have accepted the change and moved on, but our butts still hurt from the reaming they got. :( I'm not happy about the HUGE nerf to it for sure (even though it needed tweaking.)

But the only thing I can do from now on is to choose not to spend more money on Cartel Coins to try to get an item I want from a pack.

Edited by halcyon_havoc

It did not break the economy. It would have likely harmed the economy in the long term. But it wasn't around long enough, IMO, to do any serious damage.

The stockpiled mats from packs and conquest likely did more damage than the machine.

What it did break is my confidence that Bioware can add a mechanic to the game before hitting themselves in the head with bricks. Because only someone that was suffering from some kind of severe contusion could have thought that it was a good idea to add a mat printing machine into the game.

Some of us may have accepted the change and moved on, but our butts still hurt from the reaming they got. :( I'm not happy about the HUGE nerf to it for sure (even though it needed tweaking.)

But the only thing I can do from now on is to choose not to spend more money on Cartel Coins to try to get an item I want from a pack.

I can't agree more. I totally agreed it was way too "loose" to use a slot machine term, however it is completely useless now. There are SO many ways they could actually fix it, meaning not just returning the Jawa Mats to pre-Nerf levels. Chance for that packs items to drop, other things like XP boosts or hell all kind of things, even just vendor fodder, that would return it to a FUN thing, that they had said they wanted it to be. Personally I picked mine back up as looking at it disgusts me now, I feel betrayed.

SO to show my disagreement with the way I perceived my treatment, I decided to not purchase any more CC's, until this is addressed, which will likely be NEVER. So on top of that I am finding that this Nuclear Nerf has made it harder to ignore the other glaring issues this game is suffering right now. I also find I am not logging in as often and my guild notices and are asking me about it. So yes this ONE person is having and effect on multiple people/accounts and they are now reconsidering as well. I have seen our subscriber numbers dropping ever since 3.0 dropped.

I want to have faith in BW's ability to run this game however their HUGE lack of communication is worrisome for me. just look at the Dev Tracker. Page back to pre 3.0 times and they posted multiple times a day, never more that one or two days with out a post. NOW? Hell they might post once or twice a week. (Save a PTS announcement) So much is being asked and they only say something when they couldn't go hide (Cantina and physically there)? ***? Give us something please, hell anything at this point, get back to posting and answering threads. I think most of us just want them to come back and frickin talk to us. Is that really to much to ask? Hell I used to give your company like $100 to $200 on TOP of my monthly sub fee, and now I just can not stomach that idea. Not because of the Slot Nerf, but the utter and complete lack of communication in a public/forum based way. These forums are a huge part of how they interact with the community.

So Dev's, Eric, Tait, and the rest PLEASE come back.

TL/DR My biggest issue is that they refuse to even speak about what happened here on the forums, and had it not been for having to answer about it, that they even spoke at all. This is what is shaking my faith in them, not the Nerf.

Well the majority of the community does want it ... so if they do it like listening to the minority previously, they will have to find a middle to satisfy both parties. They will have to change it.

Marjority = the same 12 people posting about it on the forums?

Most of my guild members as of the beginning of this week didn't know what the slot was lol.

It did not break the economy. It would have likely harmed the economy in the long term. But it wasn't around long enough, IMO, to do any serious damage.

The stockpiled mats from packs and conquest likely did more damage than the machine.

What it did break is my confidence that Bioware can add a mechanic to the game before hitting themselves in the head with bricks. Because only someone that was suffering from some kind of severe contusion could have thought that it was a good idea to add a mat printing machine into the game.

agreed. It didn't break the economy since it was only a week, it took maybe 3-4 days and prices recovered to where they probably would have been after releasing grade 11 mats on the jawa vendor. Long term it would have been a disaster if the drop rates remained the same (and I mean both in mats and in certs.......the cert rate drop was ludicrous considering it was a rare drop in packs and they dropped like candy from that machine)

Not kidding at all, there's a minor vocal element on the forums, most folks have accepted the answer and moved on. If you insist on behaving like a 4 year old assume the rest of us will treat you like one

Some folks cant let go.

You mean kinda like the vocal minority who were QQing about the machine when it was released?

Edited by TravelersWay

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.