Bragging Rights: Who's got "Mo Money?"

Nerdimports

• 3 weeks later...

Ok 370,137,969 is the new number to beat!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/nerdimports/Screenshot_2015-02-16_11_40_05_615700_zpsnzrm2u0e.jpg~original

I know I'm not #1 so someone with more needs to be brave and show us the money!™

Btw, This is on my gunslinger now. He had 180 and then I mailed the other 190 to him 3 of my other chars. It was scary as heck mailing that especially since the mail system has been odd lately. I've been getting messages stating my character's mailboxes are full when I try to send stuff. I log over and the mailbox is either empty or there's 2-3 mails. Just now mailing back 28m to my sniper, I'm told her mailbox is full--***, it was empty 5 minutes ago! LOL :/

I have earned the bulk of mine just buying/reselling on the GTN for the last couple of years. I have bought about $150 (and I get 550/mo for my 90 day sub) cartel coins but I'd say that 90% of that went to stuff for my characters-- $6 mount unlocks, $2 emotes, $3 color crystals etc.

BTW does anyone wanna buy 400 or so cartel market crystals? The market tanked on those pretty badly with those crystal packs.

I do know of a few other people who have hit over 100m. There are a few that I suspect but I'd rather not call them out here without their consent.

Edited by Nerdimports

I know of 3 guys that are well over 100 million.

2 of them did it selling crafted items; some leveling items like level 30s implants. some crafted BIS raid items. and another that did it with some crafting some cartel market selling. have no idea what their gross legacy wealth would be. for some reason, I would guess neither of them would be in the 300m range. but I don't know.

that is probably double what I have legacy wide; not like I can convert in game credits to real $. so might as well spend for things I want.

Almost all of my credits are from hoarding, and from the early days of useful REs for Artifice. I have a basic rule: I spend credits when I earn some! So if I sell a few things, or made a nice chunk from PvP, I buy myself a pack or two. If I ever get the urge to change my character looks for RP, I have the credits to do it, too :p

Between strongholds, conquests, and guild ships, patch 2.8 drained me of my fortunes. :sul_frown: Starting to finally get it back up there again, ~60mil total atm. They really need to just make credits legacy-wide, or at least allow you to store them in your legacy bank. I mostly just get credits from crafting, never bought a cartel coin in my life. Edited by Aravail

I have earned the bulk of mine just buying/reselling on the GTN for the last couple of years. I have bought about $150 (and I get 550/mo for my 90 day sub) cartel coins but I'd say that 90% of that went to stuff for my characters-- $6 mount unlocks, $2 emotes, $3 color crystals etc.

Am I missing something here? Both of your screenshots show a bag full of hypercrates. That's like 25 grand worth of cartel coins because there's no way you bought that many on the GTN. Just curious.

I buy all of my hypercrates on the GTN and then I sell them on the GTN. I don't buy hypercrates with RL money.

As I said the bulk of my money has gone to unlocks. I've unlocked a bunch of dances and then hoverchairs, thrones (both of those mounts I bought for 112.5k and 250k) and other mounts. The few times I did buy something from the GTN to sell for credits was early in the day with regulator packs. Back then the 150cc packs would often sell for the same price as the 300cc packs. I want to say I bought 10 of them total. When certain things went 80% off I would buy them and then wait a few weeks and sell them at a great ratio. But I doubt I made more than 5m credits that way but back in the day I would fluctuate between 20m and 1m pretty regularly between buying to resell and buying to use.

Edited by Nerdimports

Am I missing something here? Both of your screenshots show a bag full of hypercrates. That's like 25 grand worth of cartel coins because there's no way you bought that many on the GTN. Just curious.

Actually, 80 Hypercrates would amount to more than 250K CC. (It's very rare that they are available for less than 3.5K CC per Hypercrate).

If bought on the GTN, 80 Hypercrates would cost more than 320 million credits (if you get lucky and buy one for 4 million, which is also very rare. On my server the average price is more like 5-6 million, so 400 to 500 million credits).

In any case, I remember reading not too long ago in another thread that someone supposedly had 1.6 billion credits. Whether that was true or not, it's definitely possible.

So I was all set to take a new photo with 500m credits and I couldn't. I ended up with 606m

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10991607_10205004220358518_104454369893550018_o.jpg

and 1.6bn! That'd be so insane. I am tempted to post another thread in the general area to see if people on other servers have some pics to share. I don't want to spam the forums but it'd be cool to see how we compare. I'm too lazy to make characters on other servers and get them to the fleet just to see what other server markets look like.

^^this. This thread seems to be more of a "look at how much disposable income I dropped on the game" thread.

$150 is bragging about disposable income? Even adding in the $250 or so I've paid for my subscription that is only $400. Allods was a free to play, Pay to win game and I dumped over $1,000 into that game and still couldn't touch the guys that paid $12,000-$30,000. I've had guildies in SWTOR unable to buy more cartel coins because Bioware limits how much a person can spend a month. That's not me and that's never happened to me.

This thread is definitely about bragging though. Just like the PvE progression threads, top parsing dps threads, the PvP leaderboards and whatever is around for Conquest (has anyone else gotten all the planets like the Guardians have?). But I don't think this thread should be exclusive to my successes in SWTOR. I am genuinely hoping that some of the other guys with deep pockets will come out. If they are worried about being swarmed by beggars, so far I've not been hit by that. So far everyone seems to know someone that has hit over 100m and there are rumors of 800m and 1.6bn but no screenshots yet--not even a bad photoshop!

Edited by Nerdimports

• 2 weeks later...