The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Action For The Ravager's Exploit

EricMusco

Well, you see, it was much more important that people didn't get gear or mats or schematics that they "didn't deserve" than that the game actually work properly... [/sarcasm]

#suchforumwarrior #l2p #exploitless

And these two are equivalent in your mind because

a) you are the supreme champion of assumption

b) it's hard for you to breath because of your own fist is located in your mouth

c) tunnel vision

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you got the wrong lesson. What I'm taking away from this personally is Bioware is manning up saying we noobed it up on handling the exploit. Some punishment is needed and yes folks did get banned and gear clawbacks did happen in some cases. But we're going to be much more vigorous and rigorous in dealing with future exploiters. They can't go from 0 to 100 on the ban hammer scale without having some interesting effects on folks.

Actually, more than a few folks seem to have gotten permanent bans, and some others got as much as 7 days. Naturally there are those reporting 3 days or 24 hours, some lost gear, credits, schems, others only lost a portion of that or nothing at all.

It looks like it is a wide spectrum of punishments. Not sure what the criteria was or is, but it does seem some folks (including a few well known forum members) will not be returning to this game ever.

I think you guys can guess where this information can be found.

I'm starting to think Bioware is only taking action against the player who VERY heavily exploited it. I currently know of 6 players who received 1 day bans & 2 that received 3 day bans. All of which run the exploit over 40 times across their toons. That being said I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of running it 13 times, however no action has been taken yet *Ducks head and waits for lightning strike*

That being said I would personally like to see a more proactive response from Bioware. The players exploited it so much because it was there to begin with. It's like taking pain pills for an ear infection & throwing away the antibiotics.

Way to let the Exploiters keep their ill gotten gains. Imagine a world where Bioware rules applied.......I could rob a bank, get caught, serve a day of jail then get out and enjoy all my awesomely stolen money!!! :)

:

haha that happens in real life by the way. Its just done by the guys at the top not your average bank robber. It usually is called embezzlement.

You can claim what you want, but the fact of the matter is that you passed off your predictions as fact, which violates the definition of a hypothesis. Maybe if you stayed in school longer instead of wasting 11 years of your life, you'd know the basic definition of the word you're trying (but failing) to correctly use.

So basically you are splitting hairs about wording? Because EVERYONE who comes to these forums and reads these posts reads them as if someone with a background in academia is writing them right?

Like I said. Get lost troll.

Imagine a world where Bioware rules applied.......I could rob a bank, get caught, serve a day of jail then get out and enjoy all my awesomely stolen money!!! :)

A multitude of Wall Street executives, bankers, and brokers, 2007 to present. Most of them actually didn't do any jail time, or face any true consequences, really.

Of course, the big difference is, they crashed a real economy and did irreparable damage to the real lives of millions and millions of real people.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Can't see the image from work but the reddit stream I can.

I too have very good relations with CS in getting items/loot/comms etc. that have failed for me in that I can't think of one time I've been let down except when they wouldn't restore my Macro Binocular mission that I accidentally abandoned but that was of course entirely my fault and user error ( was just hopeful they might help heh ).

In saying that though I do believe others are indeed having these issues which is what makes the "we cannot track this" statement all the more strange for me especially in that the items apparently not tracked are the ones clearly tracked since they come from the same boss ideally I believe?

I've had several toons with gear issues that never got sorted out. Surprised to see they managed to assist others tbh.

Try 1920's to present or longer if you want to go screwing people over legally in general and not just stock manipulation

I expanded my statement a bit.

At least from the Great Depression to the mid-90s, there were a lot of rules to keep thing things that happened in 2008 from happening, before DC got taken in by the laughable notion that banks can regulate themselves...

A multitude of Wall Street executives, bankers, and brokers, 2007 to present. Most of them actually didn't do any jail time, or face any true consequences, really.

Of course, the big difference is, they crashed a real economy and did irreparable damage to the real lives of millions and millions of real people.

haha that happens in real life by the way. Its just done by the guys at the top not your average bank robber. It usually is called embezzlement.

Fair points but I was referring to a world where ANYONE could do it and enjoy the proceeds of their ill gotten gains for next to no punishment.

I'm sorry....can someone explain to me why it is so important that the punishments be more strict?

Because I just can't see me caring about that. As far as I can tell, this whole enterprise was a debacle from start to finish. And it seems it hurt feelings more than anything else.

Yes, rule breaking is bad, I get it. I certainly wouldn't disrespect myself so much I would obviously participate in an exploit. And no, i would not then blame Bioware for my idiotic behavior (because that is exactly what it was).

But you know what? I didn't care when it was happening, I didn't care when Bioware said to stop and I sure as heck don't care about what they are doing about it.

Why should I? I mean really, why? There are SO many issues with this game right now, so many broken mechanics, outdated and shoddy game features, problems with the management team, QA, one bonehead move after another and I am supposed to care about whether or not some cheater got 1 day or a permaban?

Guys....I don't care. I expect most don't care either.

I just can't wrap my head around the concept that I should give a rats butt about this.

If someone can explain why it is so vital, perhaps that will help. Because right now it seems like a complete waste of calories to me.

(of course that is coming from a fool that blew a gasket over a toy in a game, so go figure)

Edited by LordArtemis

I'm sorry....can someone explain to me why it is so important that the punishments be more strict?

Because I just can't see me caring about that. As far as I can tell, this whole enterprise was a debacle from start to finish. And it seems it hurt feelings more than anything else.

Yes, rule breaking is bad, I get it. I certainly wouldn't disrespect myself so much I would obviously participate in an exploit. And no, i would not then blame Bioware for my idiotic behavior (because that is exactly what it was).

But you know what? I didn't care when it was happening, I didn't care when Bioware said to stop and I sure as heck don't care about what they are doing about it.

Why should I? I mean really, why? There are SO many issues with this game right now, so many broken mechanics, outdated and shoddy game features, problems with the management team, QA, one bonehead move after another and I am supposed to care about whether or not some cheater got 1 day or a permaban?

I just can't wrap my head around the concept that I should give a rats butt about this.

If someone can explain why it is so vital, perhaps that will help. Because right now it seems like a complete waste of calories to me.

(of course that is coming from a fool that blew a gasket over a toy in a game, so go figure)

Cue the inevitable response with loads of moral outrage about "Cheaters" in it...

TBH, I don't care about banning people. Let's be honest with ourselves. SWTOR is not WOW in terms of population and Bioware knows that. They also know they can ill afford to mass ban all the exploiters hence the Ban Feather tickling all the said Exploiters.

However in not removing the gear they got from the exploit, it does set a precedence for any future glitch where people now know thanks to this here Ravager exploit action that if you want top line gear and get it from an exploit (And let's be honest, it will not be the last time we see this), then exploit you heart out and keep the gear.

As for why it is important? Well think of those players who want to do right with the game and it's TOS and do right by the community (as toxic as it may be) and actually EARN the gear they wear. Now however, you have plenty of players who get to keep the gear with zero effort, a laughable punishment and in many instances, guilds helping out their fellow guildies in obtaining the gear and that just causes more scrubs to want to try and enter ops and hm's and be hopeless despite the gear without learning the op/hm properly as they and all of us have had to do.

Now look at what this lack of action has done - it has let people know Bioware are soft on exploiters and next time, people will rush a known exploit and get that good loot knowing nothing will be done about it.

And you are right about one thing. There are plenty of outstanding issues with this game inside and out however as shown with the delay in fixing the exploit, the uber nerf of the slot machines and the still oustanding issues of 3.0 nearly 2 months later that remain untouched (To say nothing of all the known issues and bugs before 3.0) points to Bioware having their priorities completey wrong and backwards.

Bioware reminds me of that classic scene in the Blues Brothers where they are racing to the Chicago City Hall building while their car is falling apart around them and trailing a massive plume of smoke but they are determined to get to City Hall no matter what and when they do, then the Bluesmobile falls apart and dies an undignified death. Same can be said of Bioware with SWTOR. They are speeding ahead with releasing cartel packs, new expansions (but never fixing many issues with them after release) all so they can get as much $$$$ as they can out of this game and it's players until one day SWTOR finally dies but Bioware got what they wanted and move on.

Edited by kharathos

So, you find walled on street. There's 10000 dollars in it. You keep it instead of walking to nearest police station.

It's all good? No one gets hurt?

Edited by Halinalle

So, you find walled on street. There's 10000 dollars in it. You keep it instead of walking to nearest police station.

I keep the cash, return the wallet. My reward, and dude gets his ID back.

An armored truck loses a bag of money, I keep the cash and tell no one.

Just today at the store, some nitwit left a 12 pack of beer in a shopping cart, in the parking lot. You think I took it back in the store and told the manager? Hah, I got me some free beer!

"Take what we want, give nothin' back!"

"action for the raverger's "exploit"

(a.k.a.) .... /fwap!!! .../fwap!!!.../fwap!!!!!!

(hashtag)/FWAPAGE!!!

/fixed

What difference does it make???

none!!!

Nada!!!!

Let's move on!!!!

i would rather be carried by 198 geared :csw_guard:SITH, than be judged 148 geared :rak_tongue:Pubs!!!

Enough said!!!

Long story short...

MORE /PASS Rolls on others, and MORE /NEED Rolls FOR MEE!!!:rak_03: to get geared and see "End-GAME" content!

#Kine_ELITIST_Rule!

Edited by Mavolio

/fixed

What difference does it make???

none!!!

Nada!!!!

Let's move on!!!!

Enough said!!!

Long story short...

MORE /PASS Rolls on others, and MORE /NEED Rolls FOR MEE!!!:rak_03: to get geared and see "End-GAME" content!

#Kine_ELITIST_Rule!

+1 for clarity and humor

I think you meant wallet.

And no, I wouldn't keep it, nor would I turn it in. I would eat it. Good fiber.

In all seriousness....what does this question have to do with why I should care or not about exploiters in a video game?

Edited by LordArtemis

TBH, I don't care about banning people. Let's be honest with ourselves. SWTOR is not WOW in terms of population and Bioware knows that. They also know they can ill afford to mass ban all the exploiters hence the Ban Feather tickling all the said Exploiters.

However in not removing the gear they got from the exploit, it does set a precedence for any future glitch where people now know thanks to this here Ravager exploit action that if you want top line gear and get it from an exploit (And let's be honest, it will not be the last time we see this), then exploit you heart out and keep the gear.

Lesson learned, BW, rofl. Next time, just exploit the s**** out of it. One day suspension ? hahaha

Someone didn't read OP...