Great forum battles through out history

DOHboy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite was the initial spacebar vs no spacebar debate / fight / massacre. I look back and I laugh, cause I know everyone space bars now without fail. Even those where were so pro "experiencing the story" now have seen it so many times they themselves space bar smash.

If you want the game to last, you better hope you are wrong about "everyone" space barring. That would imply the game is not attracting new players.

But, of course, you are wrong. When someone says "everyone does something," they are by definition wrong (unless the topic is something like breathing).

Edited by branmakmuffin

If you want the game to last, you better hope you are wrong about "everyone" space barring. That would imply the game is not attracting new players.

But, of course, you are wrong. When someone says "everyone does something," they are by definition wrong (unless the topic something like breathing).

careful, this thread may turn serious...we have enough of that around here :p

Don't forget the classic: "Why can Sith Warriors turn Jaesa but Inquisitors can't turn Ashara" threads.

Interestingly, there was NEVER a battle like : "Why can't Jedi turn companions as well ?"

In fact, SWTOR is so much an Empire Game, that no-one bothers at all whether there are bugs on the Republic side. There have more than enough class bugs on the Republic mirror only, and far more than there have been on the Empire mirror only ...

SWTOR is so much an Empire game, that no-one bothers with the Empire faction getting more and better possibilities than the Republic faction. No-one is actually interested in changing that. No-one at all.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

But, of course, you are wrong. When someone says "everyone does something," they are by definition wrong (unless the topic is something like breathing).

jooooke. mainly talking about end game players. you remember the space bar wars from a few years ago, come on. It was a dog fight around here.

I waged a battle against the Cm during the night life series when the collection prices were out of control.

I was also able to win my battle over the blood red being blood orange crystal when they released the red-black crystal.

Yes the two biggest CM related ones (outside CM in general) were the cutscenes on the CM as approaching P2W (and never been repeated since) and your epic battle over drop rates.

I waged a battle against the Cm during the night life series when the collection prices were out of control.

I was also able to win my battle over the blood red being blood orange crystal when they released the red-black crystal.

Ah yes, I remember that fight. Eric Musco using my own words against me.

Ilum .... .1.2, was it? The day they revamped it and relaunched with a massive exploit in place. The forums exploded, that day.

Then there was the 1st day of bolster, when PvPing naked turned out to be the best way to go.

Good times.

Reading back through this thread makes me feel like an old timer. Today's conflagrations are mere storms in a tea-cup compared to those two.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Ilum .... .1.2, was it? The day they revamped it and relaunched with a massive exploit in place. The forums exploded, that day.

Then there was the 1st day of bolster, when PvPing naked turned out to be the best way to go.

Good times.

Reading back through this thread makes me feel like an old timer. Today's conflagrations are mere storms in a tea-cup compared to those two.

Just for kicks I decided to look up the F2P announcement thread (at least one of them anyway) and the community has not changed. At all. I could quote posts from that thread into some of the newer crisis threads and most people wouldn't even know.