Please allow all Crafting Skills on one character.

DeLaaNie

I see no reason to have to make multiple characters in order to have multiple crafting skills, when I can just load them all onto one character and be done with it. Having to make another character just to hold crafting skills is not going to warrant me playing on said character whatsoever.

I see no reason to have to make multiple characters in order to have multiple crafting skills, when I can just load them all onto one character and be done with it. Having to make another character just to hold crafting skills is not going to warrant me playing on said character whatsoever.

How about NO. Just do what everyone else has done and create an alt. You don't even have to level them past 11 if you do not want to: I have an alt who got to 500 Armstech at level 31.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Stuff like this is what they should be adding to the cash shop, not "move while mounting" bullcrap.

misinformation...

it's a legacy perk not a Cartel Market item... you could spend CC on it (like all legacy perks and just about anything else in-game) but, honestly, it makes more sense to use in game credits when CC can be used on better stuff like storage expansions (price goes up in credits per row/bay but remains the same CC price regardless of row/bay progress) and global Legacy unlocks of completed outfits, weapons, and other stuff like crystals... only a fool or the impatient would spend CC on the "Mount Speeder While Moving" legacy perk... but, of course you know what they say about fools and their money...

OT:

i would like to see my characters be able to craft in 3 different professions, but i understand why it's not allowed... if you could Cybertech, Artifice, and Armstech, why would you make another character unless it was a pure gatherer to supply said multi-crafter...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Old MMOs did this for a reason.

If you don't have the courage to make alts, then you have to use galactic market and...wait for it... actually have interactions with other players !

I know it's a new concept for many young MMO players.

If you want to be self sufficient you have to work for it. Not just open a new window.

No because the game engine would spontaneously combust at the mere suggestion.

I'd be happy if we could just get some kind of centralized control of each character's crew skills, whether that be in game or a smartphone app or whatever. Logging in to each character sucks due to the ridiculous load times TOR has.

They just need to add a way to manage your alt-companions and crew skills either from a companion app on a phone or website, or via another interface in the game.

And as part of that, legacy credit storage that the crew missions would pull from.

Edited by Kirazy

The only issue I see is if you have artifice, biochem, and cybertech all on one character, that character can RE every single left-side item that drops in a raid. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing, someone else can decide. I'd be fine with it myself.

No because no. They made it one crafting skill per toon in the first place for a reason...

Yes. they did... which is why those devs are largely no longer with Bioware... because they didn't know what they were doing when they created SWTOR which is why it nearly died within 6 months of launching and we now have F2P to keep it alive.

So, really, that is a horrible reason... many design decisions made during development were terrible and the current devs have been trying to undo or work around them ever since...

How about NO. Just do what everyone else has done and create an alt. You don't even have to level them past 11 if you do not want to: I have an alt who got to 500 Armstech at level 31.

How about YES!

My grandfather grew food on his farm... I wouldn't have a clue how to do that nor do I wish to learn...

If your answer to ANYTHING is "well, just do what we had to do", then frankly you have no reason at all other than, "we all had to suffer, so YOU have to suffer too".

Most of my time in SWTOR is spent in Crafting / Crew Missions / doing things to make credits to fund Crew Missions / etc. I can sympathize with those who want more crafting options on their characters. I subscribe for Crafting... Sub allows all three crew skills and allows me to que a total of 5 crafting actions per crew member. To me those features alone justify the cost of the subscription.

When SWTOR was made there was no Augment system and as such if your were Cybertech life was good with Cybertech, Salvage, and Underworld Trading. Now we have Augments we can add to our crafting, but not the extra crew skill slot to take advantage of it.

Only thing I want to see changed is for the Devs to add the feature of allowing us to add a FOURTH Crew Skill Slot on each character. That would be enough for me. Charge CC for it, make it so we have to be Subbed or pay CC to have it F2P like Crew Slot 2 and 3, if you make a Legacy requirement for it please don't make it high in Legacy Levels... for there are some of us that won't play Empire to cap (me) or won't play Republic or simply don't want to be forced to play a bunch of characters.

Please add the option for us to purchase with CC a Fourth Crew Skill Slot with a reasonable Legacy Level requirement to doesn't demand we have more than 2 characters at level cap. Thanks.

Edited by Kyrmius

• 7 months later...

Completely agreed with the OP.

At least give it as an option to cartel for it. heck I'd pay 20-50$ for this alone as it would make my life much easier.

It's a QoL improvement thing. I already have all craftskills on multiple toons, I already am doing all stories, I just don't want the endless swapping between characters when I go into a crafting spree.

And yeah, I'd have a character with Artifice-Cybertech-Biochem and another with Arnstech-Armormech-Sythweaving

then I'd need support characters for all the mission/gathering required to keep everything afloat... So ppl would still see the stories. But keeping this behind a paywall is perfect, not everyone will do it, and more convenience to ppl that want to do it... Heck I'd have to recraft/relearn my way thru to level 55 so that's a lot of time (for me) playing the game and not getting bored.

I hope the Devs will reconsider it.

Thank You !

They just need to add a way to manage your alt-companions and crew skills either from a companion app on a phone or website, or via another interface in the game.

And as part of that, legacy credit storage that the crew missions would pull from.

I support this, an app would be super cool.

I think made atleast one or two more crew skills aviable on one character could be possible,i dont see reason why i cant have arms tech,armortech,cybertech with slicing and underwolrd trade and scavenging metals.

Or 2 crafting skills +3 collecting skills ,becoz they do use same resources,that could give best options i think.

And reason for this ?Becoz game growing up and it do deffinetly need it ..

PS: Elly_Dawn you kill that yours post in pink/or something/ i cant even read it ... :(

Edited by REVAN_cz

I think made atleast one or two more crew skills aviable on one character could be possible,i dont see reason why i cant have arms tech,armortech,cybertech with slicing and underwolrd trade and scavenging metals.

Or 2 crafting skills +3 collecting skills ,becoz they do use same resources,that could give best options i think.

And reason for this ?Becoz game growing up and it do deffinetly need it ..

PS: Elly_Dawn you kill that yours post in pink/or something/ i cant even read it ... :(

Interesting... so you're saying that instead of capping at 3 skills you should cap at 5 skills per character, but you should only be allowed 2 craft skills ? This is even bolder than what the OP and myself wanted. (Well okay, not 3 craft skills like we both wanted, but still)...

You know, I'm 100% for this idea, but not in the sense the OP intended. Why not just make it a Legacy System instead? That way, it affects those players that only want to make 1 character, and those players that have several alts. You could even make it a subscriber-exclusive system to encourage players to pay the monthly subscription, therefore it doesn't run the risk of 'becoming less profitable' as some players have pointed out earlier in the thread.

I say you still need alts to buy them all, but you can simply make an alt, level it to 10, and purchase 3 Crew Skills you don't already own. This would add to the Legacy Crew Skill Tab, and you could manage it from any character you're on at any given time. Perhaps they could also create a new Cargo Hold exclusively for Crafting Materials, or perhaps they can convert Crafting Materials to a type of 'currency' that instead of taking up space in your inventory, they get added to your currency tab. Now, I know a lot of players are thinking "But then I can't sell my excess materials on the GTN or vendor trash them", well, make it so that the Crew Skill Vendor sells lockboxes for x amount of materials.

Now, you'd only be able to send the max amount of Companions out on Crew Skills as normal (6 at max level), but I think this system would appease everyone in the fact that they could have all the Crew Skills, and it's be MUCH EASIER to manage than having to continuously swap between alts to manage what is being crafted, gather materials, and etc..

Additionally, I'm not 100% sure what the changed to Crew Skills will be in 4.0 aside from a 'level' increase, but perhaps give all the Companions the same skills (like Treek and HK-51 currently have). I think this would also eliminate the need to use certain Companins for certain Crew Skills, and would just make the entire system a little more streamline and much less jumbled than it currently is.