The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Yavin companion armor - Bioware just artificially extending game play?

Screaming_Ziva

Don't hold me to it, but I don't think that it's modifiable. Looking at the screenshots from TorCommunity they look like the weapons do, unmodifiable save for a dye module.

I have my comps in the GSF Legacy sets, I know from pics that the gear can't be modified, I was referring to not equipping it all since it's not that good.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the Devoted Allies gear is Rating 192, it only requires Level 55 ;)

As I see it, since the gear is legacy bound, one can have Level 60 equivalent gear ready for an alt's companion as soon as they hit 55. :D

If your primary companion can't use your Forged Alliance and Rishi hand-me-downs due to them using a different stat, you don't have to spend your Comms on Rishi mods for them. Now you can just give them this new gear and save those Comms for your own gear. :rak_03:

Bioware brings something great, a fast and easy way to get all our companions, and yet people find a way to complain about that...

Indeed - its a shame people cant just be happy for something.

Way I see it, I'd like to think BW/EA have possibly seen how well the main/off hand versions have gone down (even if there are a couple of issues with some of them) and have decided to implement the full gear versions.

Great idea - cant wait, may have to grind a few Yavin missions in preparation.

Edited by leehambly

We get easy and fast way to gear our companions and everyone is complaining?

Now we still have to grind to gear our companions but from 3.0.2 it's only 2 weeklies on Yavin 4 and short daily on Rishi = one companion in 192s. And it's all BoL.

To me that equals to "we can dedicate more of our time to gear our characters and doing stuff we enjoy instead of endless grind".

Edited by Halinalle

Please, link to the info! I do Yavin once a week regardless just to stock up on the materials, but if it is also connected to armor sets for companions, oh, my, I will never leave!

Please, please, info!!!

For completing the Yavin Weekly - Spirit of Cooperation (Complete 8 Yavin Daily quests) you get 1 complete set of 192 companion bound legacy gear that is level 55. Same idea as the weapon/offhand from the Revan fight weekly or the She who Devours daily.

I'm really looking forward to it..... I will use different companions more often instead of pretty much only the melee comp and Treek if I need heals/tank. (getting good gear for all of them used to be a chore and badly geared comps slow you down)

95% Accuracy with 192 rated gear?

Yeah, that's REALLY bad itemization. I think I might actually use a 172 Rishi modification mix to balance it out.

Looks like good stats for Ashara.

95 % acc. is enough to hit elites and below...perfect for dailies. If you're fighting boss level enemies you can just swap some pieces for accuracy.

0 % alacrity ... have never parsed it but I think melee dps comps have little use for alac. (doesn't help bleeding stance and you'd need a ton of alac. to significantly lower their long ability cooldowns)

Her offhand is not fixed? :rolleyes: Because in the pic she uses an orange off-hand.

Can you also get legacy gear for droids? Tthat would make crafting droid parts (lvl 55+) fairly useless though.

Bioware brings something great, a fast and easy way to get all our companions, and yet people find a way to complain about that...

Because they did it half-assed. Some people really like styling their companions.

How would you like it if the BIS player gear went back to being unmoddable so everyone ends up looking the same in-game?

95% Accuracy with 192 rated gear?

Yeah, that's REALLY bad itemization. I think I might actually use a 172 Rishi modification mix to balance it out.

Late to the party, but outside of FP and Ops bosses, you only need 95% accuracy anyway, so its actually pretty decent itemization there.

Of course, its all high endurance stuff, so...

Her offhand is not fixed? :rolleyes: Because in the pic she uses an orange off-hand.

Can you also get legacy gear for droids? Tthat would make crafting droid parts (lvl 55+) fairly useless though.

Off-Hands have been fixed. Screenshot here.

You can also get legacy gear for droid companions.

Bowdaar and Broonmark also have now Assault and Defense Off-Hands available.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Of course, its all high endurance stuff, so...

Well, considering companions tend to stand in bad stuff, I like them having high HP. A dead comp means zero damage/ healing / tanking ;)

Off-Hands have been fixed. Screenshot here.

You can also get legacy gear for droid companions.

Cool stuff, Ashara, Andronikus, Vette ,HK-51 and SCORPIO will be so happy :D (gonna use Bowdaar and Broomark more too)

Well, considering companions tend to stand in bad stuff, I like them having high HP. A dead comp means zero damage/ healing / tanking ;)

Cool stuff, Ashara, Andronikus, Vette ,HK-51 and SCORPIO will be so happy :D (gonna use Bowdaar and Broomark more too)

Some Off-Hands are still under budgeted though, namely the one for Willpower-based melee companions.

Comparison here, with screenshots.

I don't get why some people are complaining about this. Yeah sure some stats like accuracy are a bit off balance, but if you want stats sorted to that level augments can sort it.

Personally i am looking forward to this, especially since their is droid armor. Currently i have full legacy armor, main and offhand weapon sets for tank and heal for treek. I keep an individual set of implants and ear for each spec per char. Now i can just have two complete sets.

My first set i will gather will be for HK then both treek, that way i have treek heal/tank and HK dps, so i can have any role comp on any char. After that i will just get a set to keep on my other companions for if i fancy a change. Eventually instead of having just treek i will be able to choose any companion i want.

Gearing up all my comps on a sage/sorc/sin/shadow is beyond what i can be bothered to grind for. Now in just 23 weeks i can get my story comps their own gear and shared sets for treek and HK.

I'm happy camper about it. If you don't want it then don't do the dailies. Pretty simple. Just a note: I was doing dailies before this. This just sweetens the pot.

Y4 dailes credit rewards are horrible..should have raised that poor 4k to 8-10k. it's more profitable just grinding slicing nodes