Dear Bioware: Will we ever get prequel-style Jedi outfits?

Alec_Fortescue

Please, someone find one asset in this game that is from the *future*. Everything is from the time period of the game or before. You're not going to get them to add anything from 3000 years in the future, more than tongue in cheek references here and there cause they are fun and light hearted.

Pretty sure Dathomir Shaman is an almost identical copy-paste of Mother Talzin's look in the Clone Wars series, and since Nightsisters and Dathomir witches only form 3000 years in the future from the current timeline, this armour set is an example of them adding something anachronic. :)

Edited by wolfyde

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Dathomir Shaman is an almost identical copy-paste of Mother Talzin's look in the Clone Wars series, and since Nightsisters and Dathomir witches only form 3000 years in the future from the current timeline, this armour set is an example of them adding something anachronic. :)

The Dathomir Shaman outfit is certainly similar to and inspired by Talzin and the Clone Wars' version of the Nightsisters, but that's just the same situation as Relnex's Robes being clearly similar to and inspired by the 'traditional' Jedi Robes, or some of the Sith armors being similar to and inspired by Vader's armor.

The Jedi Robes Alec & co. are asking for, however, have been present in pre-SWTOR timeframes, so no anachronism problems by having them added (at least no more-so than having the Triumvirate Armors :p)

Edited by DarthDymond

The Dathomir Shaman outfit is certainly similar to and inspired by Talzin and the Clone Wars' version of the Nightsisters, but that's just the same situation as Relnex's Robes being clearly similar to and inspired by the 'traditional' Jedi Robes, or some of the Sith armors being similar to and inspired by Vader's armor.

The Jedi Robes Alec & co. are asking for, however, have been present in pre-SWTOR timeframes, so no anachronism problems by having them added (at least no more-so than having the Triumvirate Armors :p)

I was merely taking up the challenge of the poster I quoted "someone find one asset in this game that is from the *future*" :D

I'm not arguing in any way against those jedi robes.

I was merely taking up the challenge of the poster I quoted "someone find one asset in this game that is from the *future*" :D

I know - I was just pointing out that the Dathomir Shaman set isn't actually any more a direct lift from 'the future' than any of the other 'inspired by' assets (like Relnex's Robes). My caveat at the end was just to prevent anyone else from misinterpreting my reply (taken out of context) as being an argument against the Robes that OP is asking for.

Edited by DarthDymond

I was just pointing out that the Dathomir Shaman set isn't actually any more a direct lift from 'the future' than any of the other 'inspired by' assets (like Relnex's Robes).

With that I have to disagree; something like Relnex's Robes is stylistically in line with jedi robes throughout the ages, it fits the theme. Dathomir Shaman however is practically a direct copy-paste of the costume from the Clone Wars, has no thematic precursor in any of the existing EU material and is visually representative of a culture that in the current SWTOR timeline simply doesn't exist yet.

The difference lies in that one has to come up with some kind of backstory to justify the Dathomir Shaman set existing, which is not the case for the Relnex Robes.

In that way I do consider it a direct lift from the future. :)

How about the Imperial Capital Ships which are clearly just Star Destroyers?

How about the tripod droids like M1-4X which is really just a Droideka?

What about them?

They are both clearly from 3,500 years in the future...

The truth is, very little in this game is really original... most of it is just a stylized version of the Star Wars we know... The big round Republic capital ships are rather like the big round Rebel capital ships... etc...

The truth is, very little in this game is really original... most of it is just a stylized version of the Star Wars we know... The big round Republic capital ships are rather like the big round Rebel capital ships... etc...

No one was disputing that. :)

I'll throw in a +1.

Been holding off on the "ideal in my head" Knight playthrough until these come out. At this point I would just assume a Kickstarter type program be implemented to allow direct funding to get this pushed to the front of the queue. Go ahead and put me down for $150.00 on the front end, and the typical 1440 Cartel Coin direct purchase plus account unlocks when they get released (double all amounts if hood toggle and or up/down versions are included, reduce all amounts to zero if the only offering is the typical "make me look bald" hood up).

Thanks guys for the lots of love and support in a few hours :D

Oddball- that pic - if you want them, I can bump your thread up :>

I am willing to give $30 on that kickstarter campaign. Well, let's e-mail Bioware and ask how much funding would they need to appear :D

guys, stop auctioning yourselves and pointing out which armor fits and does not with the timeline of the game. It would have made a point years ago before all those adaptive armor sets. Right now such arguing is stupid. Look at the amount of ridiculous skimpy sets and colour crystals present nowhere else added simply for the sake of make money. Look at all the "lore" armor being availlable and worn by so many players out there.

Why are there no prequel-style Jedi robes? What's the reasoning behind not including them? Not copying and pasting EP I-VI clone troopers and stormtroopers I can understand. The robes in question were present in so many comics and games not necessarily set in the Prequel time period it just makes no sense to refuse their inclusion. They can be even named "Master Kavar's Robes" and pretend to be a "Replica of robes a Jedi Master wore 200 years ago" or something.

As far as I am aware Obsidian included Jedi robes in KotOR 2 because of the fan request. Will you finall cater to the request of one of most fanatical fans? :rolleyes:

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I always thought that I was the only one who thought there weren't enough nice and cool robes for the Jedi. My sentinel (lvl. 60), is with a robe I found in LV. 35... Since then I didn't found out any other interesting robe. The options are very restricted.

All other classes have a very wide number of options for outfits, but not the Jedi.

BW need to add these robes that you showed as well as include the option to raise or lower the hood..

It's remarkable characteristic of the Star Wars universe and there is no excuse to don't give us this options.

Just put it in game, and you have my money.

How about the Imperial Capital Ships which are clearly just Star Destroyers?

Really? The difference between a harrower and a ISD are pretty large. The only real similarity is that they are grey and roughly triangular.

And M1-4X looks nothing like a destroyer droid.

Oddball- that pic - if you want them, I can bump your thread up :>

Nope, don't want them.

Like I've pointed out in some of your other threads on the same subject, I don't actually want clone trooper/storm trooper/boba fett armour sets in the game that look like they do in the movies.

I was simply pointing out that there are those in the SWTOR source material too.

I always thought that I was the only one who thought there weren't enough nice and cool robes for the Jedi. My sentinel (lvl. 60), is with a robe I found in LV. 35... Since then I didn't found out any other interesting robe. The options are very restricted.

All other classes have a very wide number of options for outfits, but not the Jedi.

BW need to add these robes that you showed as well as include the option to raise or lower the hood..

It's remarkable characteristic of the Star Wars universe and there is no excuse to don't give us this options.

Just put it in game, and you have my money.

Eeeh... the Jedi have a TON of options for outfits.

You just don't happen to like many of them.

It's kinda like if you want to play a bounty hunter that doesn't look like a Mandalorian.

Or a trooper that doesn't look like a Clone Trooper wannabe.

There are options. But they are fewer.

It's the same with jedi. There are options for unarmored and "plain" robes, but they are few.

And they're not exact knockoffs of the movie robes (at least not close enough to satisfy Alec)

EDIT: Highlighted the part in the quote I'm replying to, to help some of the more "impatient" readers around here.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Eeeh... the Jedi have a TON of options for outfits.

You just don't happen to like many of them.

It's kinda like if you want to play a bounty hunter that doesn't look like a Mandalorian.

Or a trooper that doesn't look like a Clone Trooper wannabe.

There are options. But they are fewer.

It's the same with jedi. There are options for unarmored and "plain" robes, but they are few.

And they're not exact knockoffs of the movie robes (at least not close enough to satisfy Alec)

Please tell me this is a joke. The vast majority of Jedi outfits are armored one's. I'm talking about dressing gowns, robes towels, without any armor or protection. These one's you can count on the fingers how many have.

And NO, the cool options for outfits Jedi are YES quite restricted.

So I do not play a Jedi at all. I do not for this very reason. I will never, ever, play a jedi/sith that has to have armor on them. Call me a hardcore movie fan if you wish to. I did not read any comics, I did not play any other star wars game except SWG (Even then I played it for a week).

I just hope BW makes the regular non armored robes because as it is now, I will not play any other jedi or sith character until this issue is fixed. I know it may not be an issue for all but it is an issue for me.

I also do not like the bounty hunter. So I will continue to play my one sole character which is my Imp. Agent.

No one was disputing that. :)

So it stands to reason that a stylized version of Darth Vader's armor would be around...

For all that we know of it, the truth is, it isn't unique to him... It is simply a life support and enhancement suit designed to keep him alive. He ended up making full use of it for intimidation, but that wasn't the primary function.

guys, stop auctioning yourselves and pointing out which armor fits and does not with the timeline of the game. It would have made a point years ago before all those adaptive armor sets. Right now such arguing is stupid. Look at the amount of ridiculous skimpy sets and colour crystals present nowhere else added simply for the sake of make money. Look at all the "lore" armor being availlable and worn by so many players out there.

Which is exactly why I said they might as well add Vader's armor and make a killing... for all the complaints here, I'll bet you'd see it all over fleet...