Dear Bioware: Will we ever get prequel-style Jedi outfits?

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tis 2015 they can make them look right, you could have an on/off switch for the robes and the hood, and just use the attire underneath if you wanted.

Ofc they can.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/70955/module_gallery/original/2336408.jpg Look at this. Just remove armor bits, cowl and the turtleneck from lana's outfit. Add baggy sleeves and retexture the vest underneath the tabard to look like a folded vest, like Relnex' one. We get a traditional Jedi outfit sans the brown cloak.

New Lana gear model can easily serve as a base for a traditional Jedi outfit.

Yes, it clips but opening->closing character tab fixes robe clipping instantly. Also notice that tabard actually STICKS OUT and isn't "painted on."

It is possible. Hell, it's within reach. All we need is a retexture of Lana's new robe, removal of some unnecessary bits and, maybe, putting in baggy sleeves!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 4 weeks later...
For the longest since this game out I would look for armor that did not look crappy on my Twi'Lek because the hood would dissapear. Since the valiant armor came out i rarly use anything else. I love the usage of the armor on under the robes.

I prefer the Sanctified Caretaker robes for my Jedi characters and companions, although there are a couple of quest reward/drop items that look decent as well. It's unfortunate all the end game Jedi gear (well, many classes TBH) looks ******* ridiculous. I'm sure it was intentional to get people like me to drop money in the cash shop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is an armor request thread in the Cartel Market Suggestions forum. A lot of armors on it have been added, I would suggest posting there for best results.

• 1 month later...
Ofc they can.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/70955/module_gallery/original/2336408.jpg Look at this. Just remove armor bits, cowl and the turtleneck from lana's outfit. Add baggy sleeves and retexture the vest underneath the tabard to look like a folded vest, like Relnex' one. We get a traditional Jedi outfit sans the brown cloak.

New Lana gear model can easily serve as a base for a traditional Jedi outfit.

Yes, it clips but opening->closing character tab fixes robe clipping instantly. Also notice that tabard actually STICKS OUT and isn't "painted on."

It is possible. Hell, it's within reach. All we need is a retexture of Lana's new robe, removal of some unnecessary bits and, maybe, putting in baggy sleeves!

I am just fine with Humble Hero tbh. Maybe I even make a screenshot and pm it to you ;)

Well if you don't mind a ridiculous looking & completely out of place backpack, then you'll be happy with the next CM pack.

That looks ridiculous still waiting on hood down option too, while they're at it they should have an option to drop the over robe (as most Jedi did when they knew they were going into lightsaber combat.)

That looks ridiculous still waiting on hood down option too, while they're at it they should have an option to drop the over robe (as most Jedi did when they knew they were going into lightsaber combat.)

If they did three versions, I would buy all 3:

1) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood-up

2) Exiled Master w/o backpack & hood down

3) Exiled Master w/o backpack & w/o outer robe

Assuming they charged 1400 CC per outfit & 600 per legacy unlock, BW could easily make $60 of incremental revenues off of me. I am sure there are 100's maybe 1000's of players with a similar outlook. With less than a day of programming work, BW could easily make $6,000 - $60,000 (or more) in incremental revenue.

Go figure .... Please Bioware, help me help you take my money.

(Copied from another thread I posted in.)

Got an Aftermarket Pummeler's Mk-3 off the GTN, didn't realise it wasn't moddable, doesn't matter anyway as I just used it as an outfit over my Inspiration Vest, now my character looks as canon as possible (Aftermarket Pumm Chestguard) Battle Expulsors Greaves, Relnex Belt, head slot hidden (but it's the Verpine one which looks like the head set Obi-Wan and Anakin wear at the start of ROTS) Jedi initiate boots Covert energy hand armour and braces (because Jedi were rarely seen wearing gloves.) I also dumped a Deep brown dye module in the Chestguard to match colours with Obi a bit better.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been begging and begging for three years. You trashed the hood toggle and I gave up on it. But why are there so little unarmored Jedi outfits in a role-playing Star Wars game? Why are there no prequel-style outfits in-game, despite them appearing in various SWTOR-related media?

Are there any technological issues with adding outfits like those: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090320221709/starwars/images/5/59/ThreeJedi.jpg

We've seen you making long sleeves now and they look and work great. We've seen you make leg-pieces which featured the continuation of the chest piece (3.0 craftable gear) and works very well with long robes (no clipping).

Where is the issue, Bioware? Licensing?

I can understand that, perhaps, you might have had a different vision of Jedi outfitting for this game / era but what's the point now considering how many ridiculous and out-of-reality outfits are being delivered through the cartel market? And if that would've been the case, then iconic Jedi outfits wouldn't appear in promotional art work.

It's really surprising that they haven't made it into the game. Please, can I ask for an answer in this matter? It's been three years. :[

Well now its four years mate. :rak_04:

Edited by Virus_Bot

http://tor-fashion.com/relnex/

(a few more in the "looks like" section further down)

Plus - The thread title - you call it prequel, we call it about 3000 years in the future. :rolleyes:

Except prequel robes were in KOTOR 2, so their existence prior to TOR is valid.

And Relnex's? You mean that weird thing with the belt outside the robe and the wierd skin tight sleeves instead of full long sleeves? Oh and a tabard that looks tucked into the pants? It's got the colors and the textures, not so much the model (though the hood down on back is perfect size in my opinion, not too massive, but not too small for a hood flopped down on the back.)

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

• 5 months later...

Thanks guys!

I sent a secret agent to question devs during Celebration. An answer to the question was quite typical, unfortunatelly.

Question to Bioware Dev ''is the sun outside today?''

Dev '' We do hope the sun is out but sometimes you can not predict the weather ''

''Yes but IS the sun out TOday?''

Dev '' Sometimes we think the sun will be out but then you get rain and sometimes clouds and sometimes even snow''

''IS THE SUN OUT TODAY just answer the simply question!! ''

Dev '' Us at Bioware everyday hope and pray that the sun does come out and we continue to support good weather coming your way''

''ARRRRRGGGGGHHH why why why (sob) won't they answer (sob) the question''

This is second-hand information from my Agent who, supposedly, questioned Ben Irving himself. So take it with a pinch of salt:

1) Bioware is not doing this on purpose.

2) There are complications with adding these specific robes, stamp of approval needed for every set they make from someone higher up in the food chain (Disney, Lucasarts?)

3) They weren't allowed to put these into the game "yet."

4) Ben wasn't aware of KotOR 2 Jedi robes being in the game, thought they were modded in and had to be clarified. Star Wars fan and SWTOR developer who didn't play KotOR 2?

5) He summed up with "Whatever outfit we can make, we will."

Abandon hope, guys.

If I got it wrong, please feel free to clarify, devs. Will appreciate.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Lovely necro post

People posted today, I replied. Still an actual topic. Would you rather have me make a new thread? I am also getting tired of it. :D

Your post doesn't bring absolutely anything to the discussion, it is not better than what you seem to complain about.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

People posted today, I replied. Still an actual topic. Would you rather have me make a new thread? I am also getting tired of it. :D

Your post doesn't bring absolutely anything to the discussion, it is not better than what you seem to complain about.

No! Don't un-necro it, I was looking for this thread a few weeks ago. IT should be brought back up from time to time anyway to remind BW that we want this.

As a note though: Wouldn't Ben know that modding this game is against the TOS? This isn't like disc games or Wow, since I suspect EA has a thing about not liking mods on their games in general or something (Mass Effect comes to mind where making them was a chore for those who do)

As a note though: Wouldn't Ben know that modding this game is against the TOS? This isn't like disc games or Wow, since I suspect EA has a thing about not liking mods on their games in general or something (Mass Effect comes to mind where making them was a chore for those who do)

That was about KotOR 2. It was mentioned since it was a prequel to SWTOR and such robes appeared in it, making it not unreasonable for them to appear in SWTOR. Ben seemed to think that they were modded into KoTOR 2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.