PTs and VG's nerf them!

Drklight

This is ridiculously op these freaking PT's and VG's are immune to stuns for WAY to long. Literally for 7 seconds i could knockback or stun or slow down these dang classes in huttball. that is complete bull **** for pvp and unfair and in so many damn ways

walking, or more preecisely rolling thru or speeding thru the fire is old news... if this is the basis for your complaint regarding HO which doesn't even offer full immunity in comparison to other similar skills,, this is a you problem.

Huttball especially in mids and at 60 has become very easy to score in, due to the added immunities to movement that many classes have had buffed in 3.0. Everyone saying this guy needs to L2P are probably just a bunch of VG/PTs angry that AGAIN, their OP'd class has been attacked in a thread by a frustrated player.

Sure, he is angry, but to scoff at the point of his thread is pretty obnoxious, because we all know that VG/PTs do indeed have too much immunity to movement, along with leaps if they are tanks, along with a buff that gives HO longer duration, AND a shorter cooldown.

PTs/VGs are not the only class though, that shine in huttball now. Troll-rolling ops make scoring very easy, and so do sorcs/sins with force speed just to name some other classes.

It all adds up to easy scores, and not so much ability in defending the goal lines now. Stronger offense will always beat a weaker defense, and right now it's easier to score than it is to defend the goal in huttball.

Huttball especially in mids and at 60 has become very easy to score in, due to the added immunities to movement that many classes have had buffed in 3.0. Everyone saying this guy needs to L2P are probably just a bunch of VG/PTs angry that AGAIN, their OP'd class has been attacked in a thread by a frustrated player.

We are saying he needs to l2p because the guy was complaining about stun immunity. Vanguards don't have any stun immunity.

This is ridiculously op these freaking PT's and VG's are immune to stuns for WAY to long. Literally for 7 seconds i could knockback or stun or slow down these dang classes in huttball. that is complete bull **** for pvp and unfair and in so many damn ways

Well, it shows how bad you are, it shows that you have absotuletly ZERO idea of what you're talking about.

You're saying Powertech has a 7secs stun immunity, seriously.

The real problem with VGs and PTs is how a simple shoulder cannon macro (spamming all 7 in 3.5 secs while firing off normal rotation on top) makes the classes OP. While macros are against the rules and should be a bannable offence, there is no way Bioware is ever going to know if people are actually using them, let alone take action if they found out.

So basically the problem is to do with how easily you can implement a shoulder cannon macro and let the computer do all the hard work.

Bioware probably intended for shoulder cannon to be used in those situations where you need a sudden burst of DPS to help survivability, rather than spamming it as an opener.

Solution: Make shoulder cannon only usable while at or below 35% hp, while adrenaline rush is active, or while stunned. I think the no-GCD spam should stay in the game in some form or another.

The issue here is that you have no basic understanding of game mechanics. Learn the basics of stuns and resolve and come back and make a post. If you fill up their resolve bar (if you don't know what that is I'm sorry) it doesn't matter what class he is... he's immune. So go fill up some resolve bars on other classes and make threads for each of them.

The real problem with VGs and PTs is how a simple shoulder cannon macro (spamming all 7 in 3.5 secs while firing off normal rotation on top) makes the classes OP. While macros are against the rules and should be a bannable offence, there is no way Bioware is ever going to know if people are actually using them, let alone take action if they found out.

So basically the problem is to do with how easily you can implement a shoulder cannon macro and let the computer do all the hard work.

Bioware probably intended for shoulder cannon to be used in those situations where you need a sudden burst of DPS to help survivability, rather than spamming it as an opener.

Solution: Make shoulder cannon only usable while at or below 35% hp, while adrenaline rush is active, or while stunned. I think the no-GCD spam should stay in the game in some form or another.

Unless I am not understanding this correctly...

This is a terrible suggestion. Marcros are not the issue, as spamming SC while following your rotation is very easy to do without the assistance of any macros. The better alternative would be to introduce the ICD as it was prior to 2.0. I also don't see the need for the extra three shots to be in AP/Tactics anymore (open to discussion on this) as it is no longer the same tree as it was prior to 3.0. Moving it to plasmatech would be my preferred solution along with the older ICD on SC.

It's more the fact that it's so easy to use a macro for it, and the macro will spam them so efficiently for you.

Increasing the internal cool down is a great suggestion but I was looking at a way to keep the spam in the game but adding some restrictions to it (by the way I don't play VG or PT).

In Huttball, well, it is not so much about the individual player's ability, it is about combining these abilities as a team.

I play a VG and I don't feel OP at all. In Huttball or otherwise. My mortality rate is high, b/c HtL doesn't make me invincible, just fast, and my self-heal is rather wimpy. In addition, I can out-DPS a new-born kitten on a good day, but anything scarier than that... no, not really.

So, when putting in an application for a nerf, please do not forget to check the box with the specific Discipline :)

Edited by DomiSotto

We are saying he needs to l2p because the guy was complaining about stun immunity. Vanguards don't have any stun immunity.

That's good to know... I don't have a PT at the moment... I deleted him awhile ago... So I'm not upto date with all their new utilities yet.... So I have a couple of questions...

If he has no resolve, how is he immune to my stuns, slows and roots... Especially when he pops that speed run they have

Also under what conditions can he activate the speed run again in 15 secs... I'm sure it has a longer GCD than that or they would be OP...

What the heck are you talking about? A macro? Hard work? It is a single click ability. You click it over and over and there you go. Why would someone need or want to use a macro to fire the shoulder cannon? AND it is hardly OP. It hits you 7 times at most and does around 10-15K damage total, then on cooldown for a minute or two. So what. People can load DOTs on you and they keep ticking even after the person who cast them is dead.

That's good to know... I don't have a PT at the moment... I deleted him awhile ago... So I'm not upto date with all their new utilities yet.... So I have a couple of questions...

If he has no resolve, how is he immune to my stuns, slows and roots... Especially when he pops that speed run they have

Also under what conditions can he activate the speed run again in 15 secs... I'm sure it has a longer GCD than that or they would be OP...

PT's have a speed run?

This forum is getting fun. We have nerf sorc threads, nerf jugg threads, nerf PT threads, nerf heals threads, nerf sins threads, even a poorly written sarcastic nerf mara thread. Now if we could only get snipers and mercs/mandos to where they need to be nerfed. Edited by MotorCityMan

As a PT tank, if you white bar me while I have the ball and am anywhere close to the middle , I will score and there will be nothing you can do to stop it. With the HTL/HO utilities that is just how it works. Granted, it is not much worse than a shadow/sin with 12 seconds of immunity from bubbles or the jugg/guardian leaps that have always been there, or the operative/scoundrel rolls, so meh.

OP does not know stun mechanics though and it is interesting to see all of the PT/VGs who pop HtL/HO and are still able to be stunned because they were impatient.

Are PT/VG a little over powered as far as movement goes, maybe, but no more so than any one else really. (I do not play DPS VG/PT, so I will not comment on the the dps version of Shoulder Cannon)