Bioware, buff acid pools in the original Huttball...

Glower

Bioware, buff acid pools in the original Huttball... Current damage values is laughable with 3.0 health bars. Even ball-carrier can walk (not jump, just walk) through these pools in 3.0. :rolleyes:

So please, buff acid pools in the original Huttball... and maybe buff firetraps too!

Edited by Glower

It would be too easy to score if the fire pits were not there.

With proper coordination of CC scoring is already a pain in the *** enough. The stupid traps are, well, stupid. Rewarding people for the ability to press one damn button and kill someone is ridiculous. It'd be like if there was a near insta-kill spike trap next to the turrets on civil war that triggered completely randomly when someone was trying to cap, it'd be obnoxious and serve no point other than to piss people off.

With proper coordination of CC scoring is already a pain in the *** enough. The stupid traps are, well, stupid. Rewarding people for the ability to press one damn button and kill someone is ridiculous. It'd be like if there was a near insta-kill spike trap next to the turrets on civil war that triggered completely randomly when someone was trying to cap, it'd be obnoxious and serve no point other than to piss people off.

But that's part of the strategy. Guarding the pits to stop potential fire pullers is just as important as guarding the middle. And the fire pit isn't always instant kill. I've survived it plenty of times on my tank and I don't dare cross them or even carry the ball if my CC breaker is down unless I absolutely have to or if all my CD's are up and I feel I can survive a potential fire pull.

The traps are what make huttball unique and fun and are an important part of the maps strategy.

But that's part of the strategy. Guarding the pits to stop potential fire pullers is just as important as guarding the middle. And the fire pit isn't always instant kill. I've survived it plenty of times on my tank and I don't dare cross them or even carry the ball if my CC breaker is down unless I absolutely have to or if all my CD's are up and I feel I can survive a potential fire pull.

The traps are what make huttball unique and fun and are an important part of the maps strategy.

/signed

I've had plenty of good fights, trying to negotiate around the opponent to push him into the fire, him doing the same. It contributes to the depth of the map, and makes for situational fights. Adding to the fun factor.

Also, to the OP. I agree. traps need a buff, and operative/ scoundrel roll should be interrupted by it if trying to roll through. I think you should still be able to roll/leap/sprint out if caught in the middle, but I don't think you should be able to roll right through it. I've seen it too many times where operatives will chain roll the ball into the endzone. through fire and through acid.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

/signed

Also, to the OP. I agree. traps need a buff, and operative/ scoundrel roll should be interrupted by it if trying to roll through. I think you should still be able to roll/leap/sprint out if caught in the middle, but I don't think you should be able to roll right through it. I've seen it too many times where operatives will chain roll the ball into the endzone. through fire and through acid.

Traps not powerful enough? Better nerf operatives!

I've personaly seen a juggernaught utilise enraged defence to run through a fire pit as well and come out unscathed with a few charges left.

The fire traps are fine, if your going to suggest they be buffed to stop operatives from rolling through them then I'd say that you need to treat force leap, hydraulic overide, force speed and the sniper roll the same, and have them stopped from pushing through the fire too.

Are you serious? lol

The fire and acid traps are.. apart from elevation and passing, the only actual interesting thing in huttball.

Huttball would be rather boring without fire traps.

And yes, they could do a bit more damage.

OP must be a PT or VG and upset his silly pull/stun in front of acid pit combo no longer works. :D

Though I will agree they could be stronger, however isn't the strength of that trap the slow?

Ya but it used to be way more deadly. Back at launch you could trap and kill someone in the acid pit. I don't think its ever been scaled up and now its mostly just an annoying them that people can run through and not even notice the damage.

Yes, let's just make them insta-kill areas. It's so much fun having some idiot who can just pull someone into a fire pit for a cheap kill, that's so much fun. /sarcasm

fire pulls are an art. and it's an art to avoid being pulled. there are plenty of counters. all of that said, I much prefer fire to the quesh acid. .I don't want to see more of that kind of acid. but bringing the acid close to the fire dot would be welcomed.

i run through it all the time on my troopers. pop adrenaline and reactive shield with htl. definitely worth doing when you're white barred.

Yes, let's just make them insta-kill areas. It's so much fun having some idiot who can just pull someone into a fire pit for a cheap kill, that's so much fun. /sarcasm
you know that u have enough time to pop something before u land in the fire? Maras can pop UR and take no dmg, shadows can Shroud and force spd out, heck some juggs keep a teammate selected and intercede to them in mid air.

roll would be more easily "fixed" if it were treated as a sprint and not a teleport. the teleport aspect of it glitches out and creates a CC immunity that's broken, imo. if they didn't actually glitch all over the place, then CC immunity would be fine, but they literally glitch all over the place like venelope vonsweet. it's not linear. I don't care if it's a lag issue. much like makeb arena, there's something about the abil/map that causes it to function significantly different from other abilities in practice.

roll would be more easily "fixed" if it were treated as a sprint and not a teleport. the teleport aspect of it glitches out and creates a CC immunity that's broken, imo. if they didn't actually glitch all over the place, then CC immunity would be fine, but they literally glitch all over the place like venelope vonsweet. it's not linear. I don't care if it's a lag issue. much like makeb arena, there's something about the abil/map that causes it to function significantly different from other abilities in practice.

I agree, visually.. exfiltrate looks retarded to other people. I regularly see other operatives seem to roll literally halfway across the map, only to teleport back 12m ahead of where they were. It can be very confusing to watch, especially in huttball where we're doing it off of ledges and such.