<Post Mortem> is hosting Pre-Season Grouped Ranked Nights!

milkandcereal

Hello friendos!

<Post Mortem> will be hosting grouped ranked nights Monday-Sunday starting at 8:30pm EST. If you have a team that would like to queue we will be putting up multiple teams a night so I can guarantee pops! In order to get the community more organized please post here if you are interested and let me know what night/time you will be queuing. I can be reached in game on any of my toons, if i'm not on just whisper a member of Post Mortem and tell them you are looking for Oprah, Aroted, or Vps to reach a guild leader. Thanks for your help getting pre-season going, see you in the arena! :cool:

List of Pre-Season Teams:

<Post Mortem> Team 1 & 2

Hello friendos!

<Post Mortem> will be hosting grouped ranked nights Monday-Sunday starting at 8:30pm EST. If you have a team that would like to queue we will be putting up multiple teams a night so I can guarantee pops! In order to get the community more organized please post here if you are interested and let me know what night/time you will be queuing. I can be reached in game on any of my toons, if i'm not on just whisper a member of Post Mortem and tell them you are looking for Oprah, Aroted, or Vps to reach a guild leader. Thanks for your help getting pre-season going, see you in the arena! :cool:

<Post Mortem> Team 1 & 2

I will attempt to round up the Backrocket Bastards team, but Sunday and Monday are two work nights and also football nights. I would strongly consider a different time frame. I also wouldn't have the days back to back consecutively, competitive PvP can leave people exhausted. If any given team doesn't fair well the first night, it's highly unlikely they will be back to queue the following night.

Just some tips/pointers from my point of view and my experience running ranked.

<3

I will attempt to round up the Backrocket Bastards team, but Sunday and Monday are two work nights and also football nights. I would strongly consider a different time frame. I also wouldn't have the days back to back consecutively, competitive PvP can leave people exhausted. If any given team doesn't fair well the first night, it's highly unlikely they will be back to queue the following night.

<3

he meant monday--------sunday. 24/7. Whisper one of the leaders of PostMortem or post here to step up games.

Edited by Dukago

<3

As VPS said, we plan on doing an every night thing. If people are serious about having a good Ranked community they'll make the time to see it done. Only way you get to bat is by stepping up to the plate.

Yeah, my team is always down to play if we got the players online. We match up against PM pretty often and have much fun practicing and butting heads and it would be a huge refresher to see new teams in the queue. Edited by Zurged
Spell Check

good shiz tonight boys. gg's to those that queued. except tojo. you get mad too easy.

<3

Got to say you guys are dam good. Was fun learned somethings and looking forward to a lot more. Going to try and get 1 ranked team 4 times a week.

Edited by Rhyn

We're in queue.

So far, no dice.

It's the holidays. Secondly, don't expect many teams queueing at midnight server time unless games have been going on earlier.

That said, it's still preseason so don't be scared about losing rating. No one cares (at least, they shouldn't) if you lose. It's also a good opportunity for inexperienced players to get their feet wet, as well as guilds to try out different comps.

Of course, if you're afraid of losing just run double AP PT and leveling everyone. HFGL :)

It's the holidays. Secondly, don't expect many teams queueing at midnight server time unless games have been going on earlier.

That said, it's still preseason so don't be scared about losing rating. No one cares (at least, they shouldn't) if you lose. It's also a good opportunity for inexperienced players to get their feet wet, as well as guilds to try out different comps.

Of course, if you're afraid of losing just run double AP PT and leveling everyone. HFGL :)

You know, Gringo. I think you're right here. I've been worried about exposing some of our guild members to ranked because I don't want to them to get too stressed out or not enjoy it because it can be much more intense than your average WZ or Arena. After running a match last night though, I think you're right. This is the perfect time to expose all of our members to ranked play and let them see what it's all about.

If we're able, we will try to field more teams during Pre-Season. That said, I wouldn't expect to see BB in queue regularly until after the holidays. And we will probably be less active in the queue than <good talk> and <Postmortem> anyway. Gotta save time for dat RP, ya heard?!

<3

The biggest problem I've found within the yolostar collective, is that there's a shockingly low amount of tanks and especially healers that log on at the same time. Tons of dps tho, and that's why we'll get a few hours of back to back games every other night.

The upside is, I've spoken with a few players who are currently leveling tanks specifically for this purpose. They're in the 55-57 bracket so it won't be too long before we see more group ranked action.

The biggest problem I've found within the yolostar collective, is that there's a shockingly low amount of tanks and especially healers that log on at the same time. Tons of dps tho, and that's why we'll get a few hours of back to back games every other night.

The upside is, I've spoken with a few players who are currently leveling tanks specifically for this purpose. They're in the 55-57 bracket so it won't be too long before we see more group ranked action.

This thread is for group ranked... Yolo ranked is just... ewwwwwwwwwww...

You know, Gringo. I think you're right here. I've been worried about exposing some of our guild members to ranked because I don't want to them to get too stressed out or not enjoy it because it can be much more intense than your average WZ or Arena. After running a match last night though, I think you're right. This is the perfect time to expose all of our members to ranked play and let them see what it's all about.

If we're able, we will try to field more teams during Pre-Season. That said, I wouldn't expect to see BB in queue regularly until after the holidays. And we will probably be less active in the queue than <good talk> and <Postmortem> anyway. Gotta save time for dat RP, ya heard?!

<3

For sure man, I agree 100%. Losing can affect guild/personnel moral. Particularly if you're going against a comp or strat that completely outclasses yours. I feel, however, it's that adversity that seperates ranked players vs regstars.

After the New Year <Postmortem> will be queueing again and we'll post those nights and times. And yes, we'll be trying out different comps and not just playing the meta game.

This thread is for group ranked... Yolo ranked is just... ewwwwwwwwwww...

pffft..

You'd be amazed how well our Yolo pug groups were doing against the top guilds' ranked teams. We won some and lost some while our line-up changed, but all in all it was good action.

The fact that there are players who don't have a big guild, yet want to do group ranked is a good thing. We'll keep the yolotrain moooovin dood, and we'll also que up for ranked when we have the right classes "x" up in Global Yolostar chat.

The fact that there are players who don't have a big guild, yet want to do group ranked is a good thing. We'll keep the yolotrain moooovin dood, and we'll also que up for ranked when we have the right classes "x" up in Global Yolostar chat.

You, mostly, I like you. But this part is a no-go m8.

Working for the "right" classes has worked poorly for the most part. Our "A team" thus far is probably the most successful team on the server but has had the most trouble with less than ideal comps. The DPS set-up that was the most difficult to manage was Carnage + Arsenal, while our easiest games came against double Tactics VG and double balance shadow.

tl;dr comp doesnt matter, player synergy does. take good players.

You, mostly, I like you. But this part is a no-go m8.

Working for the "right" classes has worked poorly for the most part. Our "A team" thus far is probably the most successful team on the server but has had the most trouble with less than ideal comps. The DPS set-up that was the most difficult to manage was Carnage + Arsenal, while our easiest games came against double Tactics VG and double balance shadow.

tl;dr comp doesnt matter, player synergy does. take good players.

LoL, Absolutely. And point taken.

I was referring more towards the essentials, such as tanks and heals. Dps is always first come first served.

Hello friendos!

<Post Mortem> Team 1 & 2

Is Fus and Love active?