Cheating on your companion?

ShiningKnights

Another disgraceful slap to the face of all roleplayers everywhere.

Uhm... wouldn't roleplayers not take the flirt options because that'd be cheating on wife/husband with them in the room?

Alternately, if you can think up a maze to justify why they would do that then you can also think up a maze to justify why the companions are cool with it.

actually...

when you try to romance both her and Vette at the same time, she IS cool with it, sadly Vette isn't though...

Busted my spoiler tag fail lol, dang forum surfing on my Iphone.

She is a freak though. 😎

Edited by kirorx

Uhm... wouldn't roleplayers not take the flirt options because that'd be cheating on wife/husband with them in the room?

Alternately, if you can think up a maze to justify why they would do that then you can also think up a maze to justify why the companions are cool with it.

Some people roleplay as cheaters, dont judge.

I don't get it; I married most of my companions (Trooper, Jedi Knight, and Scoundrel).Then in this new Xpac, I flirt and eventually kiss Theron. Why does my companion's affection not go down?

Same happened on Makeb. I do agree it makes little sense.

I haven't seen any companion affection change in 3.0, up or down.

That's because there aren't any. Affection points are obviously hard to program, dawg. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

actually...

when you try to romance both her and Vette at the same time, she IS cool with it, sadly Vette isn't though...

but....

that coolness doesn't last... if you avoid Vette's convo and keep talking to Jaesa eventually she gives you the ultimatum... she throws a really embarrasing fit

Another disgraceful slap to the face of all roleplayers everywhere.

Adultery is part of real life and part of the game, so when somebody wants to play the character that way ten it is basically also just RP. Funny, that for someone who claims to be the master of everything RP related you fail to crasp that. Anyway, there is even a story in the game where one can seduce a married man, like one can do as female smuggler on Voss (I was kinda surprised that he would actually join, especially since he seems to be fully aware that this is not how one should behave)... or the story every early on on imperial Balmorra with the woman how cheated on her husband and he wants the lover and his wife dead.

I don't think I have seen a single influence change from my companion for any decision I have made in SoR. Which just seems exceptionally lazy, IMO. Not giving them lines is one thing, I understand voice acting can cost a pretty penny. But not having the choices change affection? How intensive could it have been to write some code for those decisions that changes influence?

I don't think I have seen a single influence change from my companion for any decision I have made in SoR. Which just seems exceptionally lazy, IMO. Not giving them lines is one thing, I understand voice acting can cost a pretty penny. But not having the choices change affection? How intensive could it have been to write some code for those decisions that changes influence?

Judging from this, you shouldn't however.

Some journalists and fans attributed much of the upfront cost of TOR to its scripting and voice acting. Ohlen explained that this belief is erroneous: "[Voice acting] was a known entity, and cost was quite low in comparison to the cost of the rest of the project."

Game generates 100$ million plus on a yearly basis. However, it would seem that only a tiny fraction is being reinvested into the game.

Up to the point where VA, from a "known entity", became "overly expensive." :rolleyes:

End-result? Paring down VA to a ridiculous level, up to the point where non-Basic speaking companions say nothing. AT ALL.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

but....

that coolness doesn't last... if you avoid Vette's convo and keep talking to Jaesa eventually she gives you the ultimatum... she throws a really embarrasing fit

crap! Why is it when a woman says "its alright" its never alright!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Perhaps you're just letting your cultural bias get the better of you. After all, 'cheating' may not even be a thing with your companions. Monogamy is not a universal reality on our planet, it's just something that you learn.

Curiously enough, the three classes that have more than option to romance, all of them will give you an ultimatum to break it off with the other "option". None of them are ultimately cool with polygamy.