The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

seriously? why do people complain about everything. majority of the time I am at yavin staging area there is no PVP going on at all. some of you are acting like you are being spawn camped 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

and hey, if there is PVP happening there and you don't like it, SWITCH INSTANCES!!!!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously? why do people complain about everything. majority of the time I am at yavin staging area there is no PVP going on at all. some of you are acting like you are being spawn camped 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

and hey, if there is PVP happening there and you don't like it, SWITCH INSTANCES!!!!

I applaud your ability to completely miss the fact that there's absolutely no chance to do that since you can be put into combat endlessly. Well done MiaRB.

PVP players likely want to keep it, at least those posting here because the find it fun.

I am surprised so many have trouble admitting that, instead hiding behind "it's a PVP server" platitudes.

It is difficult for me to identify with PVP players these days. In my day, not only would we say "yes, we know its dishonorable, so what, too bad"....we would also be honest that we enjoyed ganking folks in any way we could.

That doesn't seem to be the case today...to many PVP folks that seem to hide behind PVE protections, wanting to get their hand held, and trying to justify their actions.

Modern PVP players need to grow thicker skins. You know what your doing is wrong. Doing the wrong thing can be fun sometimes.

So what if it is wrong? If and when Bioware fixes this it will be a moot issue, in the mean time own it. Stop with the ridiculous excuses and platitudes.

Your supposed to be PVP players. Act like one.

Sounds like you're just not understanding what people are trying to say... I think it should stay the way it is, especially on PvP servers because they're PvP servers... The only one not getting the point here is you...

I was pub side yesterday, went to Yavin and couldn't even get out of the spawn area because Imps had taken it over... It was fine... I just left for a while, did other stuff on alts and came back at a later time... You know why I was fine with that, because it's a PvP server and I signed up for it... It goes with the territory... Stop trying to cast assertions on people...

Keep in mind most these people don't PvP. They just like to weep every time a pixel death occurs :rolleyes:

These are not PvPer responses.

Stop trying to cast assertions on people...

Instead you should stop trying to whitewash. Own up or don't pretend to be a PVP player. Players want to keep it in because it is fun, and they know it's wrong. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Players will try and find any advantage they can. THAT is PVP.

Anything else is pure hyperbole. It's PVE speak, nothing more. Either be a PVP player, own up, or stop pretending to be.

If Bioware feels this is wrong it will get fixed. Otherwise it will stay as is and players will learn to adjust. And that is that.

All of the other excuses and platitudes given in this thread by PVP players are just weak assertions that are meaningless excuses, or demonstrate a lack of will. It is frankly embarrassing to read.

BTW Foambreaker, you of all people should know trying to tell me what I should or should not do is a fools errand. I'm not a sheep.

Edited by LordArtemis

Instead you should stop trying to whitewash. Own up or don't pretend to be a PVP player. Players want to keep it in because it is fun, and they know it's wrong. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Players will try and find any advantage they can. THAT is PVP.

Anything else is pure hyperbole. It's PVE speak, nothing more. Either be a PVP player, own up, or stop pretending to be.

If Bioware feels this is wrong it will get fixed. Otherwise it will stay as is and players will learn to adjust. And that is that.

BTW Foambreaker, you of all people should know trying to tell me what I should or should not do is a fools errand. I'm not a sheep.

It is getting fixed.

PvP enabled in the landing area of Yavin

Hey all,

This is getting addressed in 3.0.1. As with all pre-patch stuff I say, it's pending final testing.

Ah, I see... All people must be A or B at all times... No people are ever C... or D... Definitely no Es... Fs are out of the question... You are either this or that... I #totes get it nao, thnx!

Ah, I see... All people must be A or B at all times... No people are ever C... or D... Definitely no Es... Fs are out of the question... You are either this or that... I #totes get it nao, thnx!

My opinion is not a threat. It is meaningless.

Really, true story.

And yes, this is PVP. That means you are sheep or wolf....there is no gray. That is the nature of the beast.

Edited by LordArtemis

Ah, I see.

Well, that means the fun is over. At least this part...I am sure other advantages will be found in the future.

I guess the word has been spoken then. It is not intended, and that is that.

So it would seem.

Honestly, I thought it was an oversight. I never saw it as a PVP vs PVE issue, just going on development decisions in the past it felt inconsistent that this particular zone wasn't a Sanctuary.

If people find more pvp advantages out in the wilds of Yavin IV, more power to them.

So it would seem.

Honestly, I thought it was an oversight. I never saw it as a PVP vs PVE issue, just going on development decisions in the past it felt inconsistent that this particular zone wasn't a Sanctuary.

If people find more pvp advantages out in the wilds of Yavin IV, more power to them.

I am sure they will, that is the "name of the game" after all.

And if it is against the vision that Bioware has for PVP it will be mitigated in some way.

So it would seem.

Had to be an oversight...or a test...either way, it needed fixing.

well you all got you way... now you all should start a thread about how you should be able to un-flag for PVP on a PVP server. then be sure to go lend your support to the, "I want to PVE for my PVP gear", thread in the PVP section.

Fix just moved the camp zone, won't matter, better start weeping about the landing point :p

I am generally sympathetic in terms of favoring a Sanctuary zone for the Staging area, but have little to no sympathy for camping anywhere else on the planet. Once you leave a Sanctuary zone on a PVP server that is nature of the game.

well you all got you way... now you all should start a thread about how you should be able to un-flag for PVP on a PVP server. then be sure to go lend your support to the, "I want to PVE for my PVP gear", thread in the PVP section.

Yeah, that one is giving me a hard time... Does... Not... Compute...

This is exactly what I mean. It is this kind of hyperbole that would have NEVER come out of PVP players in my day.

I mean, really? Is this really such a devastating loss that we have to resort to making petty comments now?

What has happened to PVP players.

This is NOT a loss by any means. It is simply a small temporary setback. Rest assured that REAL PVP players will find the next advantage.

It was fun while it lasted I suppose. But it is not the end of fun in PVP by a long shot.

Edited by LordArtemis