Anyone having trouble with Ashara?

McKnighter

It seems Ashara Zavros doesn't really gain any affection, or lose any, during any conversation that I have with any NPC, or even herself.

It really sucks, because the only way for me to increase affection is by showering her with tons and tons of gifts.

Is anyone else struggling with this? She is a completely full companion for me, so I don't see the problem. :\

I have the same problem, although the comments about the beta indicate that it was different there. And the codex entry about her tells us what she likes and what she doesn't like.

So either it's a bug or it has been changed very late without having the codex modified accordingly.

I am currently having the same problem. I am getting no affection gains at all while questing on Taris with Ashara. She isn't listed as "guest" on my companion list either. She is a full blown companion that I can send on missions and such. It is kind of frustrating really as from what I've read she is already kind of hard to gain affection with and this makes it even harder. Edited by Zensonoru

Her affection gain is a bit messed up, atleast when playing full darkside. I even got affection when flat out butchering ppl on certain quests, while doing the same during another quest gave a huge loss (-81 typically).

Generally I find that she gains affection when asking the quest NPCs for more information about the mission, rather than making insults or "this is so easy" type comments towards the NPCs.

You can get her (and any other companion for that matter) affection up quite rapidly with gifts tho.

Here you can find info about which gifts increase affection with which companions: http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

I just spammed her with gifts, when i come to think of it, most of the early quests/conversations with her didn't give me affection, but i kept showering her with gifts and now she behaves normal, even likes when i do bad things.

Today's patch addresses these issues for a few companions. Hopefully we should see this change after today.

I noticed this thread before I got Ashara. After the patch I got Ashara and I have not received affection on any of the 7 quests I did on Taris last night.

I haven't had any problems gaining affection for Ashara. She likes you to be honorable and inquisitive, always questioning the status quo. She's basically a light sider that gives in to her apssions a bit. If you follow that same philosophy, you should get lots of points with her.

I did one quest last night where I got over 220 affection for her.

Before she is at 2000 affection she doesn't 'love / like' anything.

"That's nice" is about as good as you can get.

Afterwards, and if you pick 'flirt' options in the convo at 2K, she will love the gifts like other companions (esp Courting / Rep Mem). I had loads in thebank and got about 160 for each one (blue lvl 2s Counting).

Straight to 4K in few minutes.

I gain affection when I give her gifts but I have 1000 affection and I've only had the "Welcome Ashara" conversation and then one other I had at around 400 affection. Her "I want to talk" icon appears, stays for a long period of time, and then disappears. If I go back to the ship, she doesn't want to talk.

I gain affection when I give her gifts but I have 1000 affection and I've only had the "Welcome Ashara" conversation and then one other I had at around 400 affection. Her "I want to talk" icon appears, stays for a long period of time, and then disappears. If I go back to the ship, she doesn't want to talk.

Same experience. She doesn't care what I pick in any conversation (which suits me fine, I'm dark IV so she would dislike my choices most likely) and while I pump her with gifts, she gets the icon for "wants to talk on the ship" but it vanishes after a few minutes and she never wants to talk on the ship. I did get the welcome Ashara thing though, but that's it.

Same experience. She doesn't care what I pick in any conversation (which suits me fine, I'm dark IV so she would dislike my choices most likely) and while I pump her with gifts, she gets the icon for "wants to talk on the ship" but it vanishes after a few minutes and she never wants to talk on the ship. I did get the welcome Ashara thing though, but that's it.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I've noticed the same thing, and the method I've found for resolving it is to right-click her. If she gives you the "let's talk" dialogue, then she actually wants to talk. If she gives you anything else, you're experiencing the bug.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I've noticed the same thing, and the method I've found for resolving it is to right-click her. If she gives you the "let's talk" dialogue, then she actually wants to talk. If she gives you anything else, you're experiencing the bug.

This is the only solution I found. If I remember correctly, I had her welcome conversation,a conversation around 600 affection about why the Empire isn't necessarily evil, one titled 'Masters' around 1000, and then the first romance conversation at 2000.

I've quested with her a fair bit on Taris but get not affection gain from her in conversation. All 2000 affection I've had was via gifts... lots and lots and lots of them.

From what I remember questing on Taris didn't have any affect on her affection. However, in the later planets it seems to be perfectly normal. Perhaps we're just not meant to have the affection with her affected while on Taris.

I am playing a dark side assaasin have no problems with her affection, go with the rational choices and you will se a lot of +40. Just avoid the most obivious killing for fun darkside options and you will be fine.

I just got +106 from an darkside option where I enslaved an whole tribe! I suspect that one is a bug though, its on Belsavius.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem with her. It seems to be a 50/50 crapshoot as to whether she'll post gains that I know for a fact I've achieved. I've been using her as my primary ever since I got her, and the results are pretty much the same from one planet to the next.

I thought at first it was all my recycles of conversations (for minmaxing), perhaps hitting spacebar too fervently, but I've tested it enough to know that's not it. I also thought maybe it was only registering the points gained the first time through a conversation, but that's not it either. Easy to prove when you have a personal conversation with her on the ship.

She also supposedly likes Republic Memorabilia the most, but I've noted a series deficiencies in how much affection she gains vs other companions with similar characteristics on other characters. Unless this page is wrong about what she likes, or her companion gifts are also bugged up.

I have the same problem with Elara Dorne on my Trooper. I have not had the problem with Khem Val or Tanno Vik, nor any companion that ignores Courting. I don't know if Courting relates, but it's starting to become a notable possibility in my testing.

I did bug this, to which they replied they would forward it on, not be able to keep my updated, but suggested I reset my GUI (Ctrl and press U twice). Not only did that not resolve it, but it did not appear to reset any of my GUI settings even though the screen blanked out for a moment.

Still think it's a smooth launch?

Edited by LordXayd

• 2 weeks later...
I have a similar problem with her. It seems to be a 50/50 crapshoot as to whether she'll post gains that I know for a fact I've achieved. I've been using her as my primary ever since I got her, and the results are pretty much the same from one planet to the next.

I thought at first it was all my recycles of conversations (for minmaxing), perhaps hitting spacebar too fervently, but I've tested it enough to know that's not it. I also thought maybe it was only registering the points gained the first time through a conversation, but that's not it either. Easy to prove when you have a personal conversation with her on the ship.

She also supposedly likes Republic Memorabilia the most, but I've noted a series deficiencies in how much affection she gains vs other companions with similar characteristics on other characters. Unless this page is wrong about what she likes, or her companion gifts are also bugged up.

I have the same problem with Elara Dorne on my Trooper. I have not had the problem with Khem Val or Tanno Vik, nor any companion that ignores Courting. I don't know if Courting relates, but it's starting to become a notable possibility in my testing.

I did bug this, to which they replied they would forward it on, not be able to keep my updated, but suggested I reset my GUI (Ctrl and press U twice). Not only did that not resolve it, but it did not appear to reset any of my GUI settings even though the screen blanked out for a moment.

Still think it's a smooth launch?

Yes, Was this game-breaking for your little self?