Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, been a bit busy.

It's interesting how close the DPS spread really truly is. I'll look at it more when I have the chance.

Cheers I should have probably added when i said power augment build that this is a variation on your alacrity build where I used 2 power augments, 3acc augments and 9 alacrity ones , with 2 enhancements..

Cheers I should have probably added when i said power augment build that this is a variation on your alacrity build where I used 2 power augments, 3acc augments and 9 alacrity ones , with 2 enhancements..

Interesting.

I'm considering an alternate alacrity build modeled after my PVP build that drops one surge enhancement for another alacrity enhancement, then compensates with two mainstat augments

Surge would still be around 65%

Edited by GrandLordMenace

This probably isn't the place to post something like this but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm a Vigi Guardian and I'm struggling to parse over 4.7, with 4.7 being my current best parse. All other parses are in the 4.4-4.6 area. I don't really know if this is a gear thing or if my rotation is messed up somehow (or if I'm just stupid and doing something totally wrong), so I'd just like some help, if possible.

Here's my 4700 parse: Blaaah My opener here is also rather unorthodox..forgive that. :p

I've done some comparing with the other top parses and I've noticed my crit % is lucky high even in this parse.

My stats: Unstimmed | With stim

Currently running 12 alac augs, 1 acc aug, and 1 strength (for some reason). 244 crit rating, 490 surge, 624 alac, 745 acc.

Gear: Full 192 armorings, 204 MH, 198 OH. 4 lettered mods of varying levels. Missing 1 Acc/Power 198 (192 atm)

Any advice is welcome. Thanks! :D

Edited by lmSlash

This probably isn't the place to post something like this but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm a Vigi Guardian and I'm struggling to parse over 4.7, with 4.7 being my current best parse. All other parses are in the 4.4-4.6 area. I don't really know if this is a gear thing or if my rotation is messed up somehow (or if I'm just stupid and doing something totally wrong), so I'd just like some help, if possible.

Here's my 4700 parse: Blaaah My opener here is also rather unorthodox..forgive that. :p

I've done some comparing with the other top parses and I've noticed my crit % is lucky high even in this parse.

My stats: Unstimmed | With stim

Currently running 12 alac augs, 1 acc aug, and 1 strength (for some reason). 244 crit rating, 490 surge, 624 alac, 745 acc.

Gear: Full 192 armorings, 204 MH, 198 OH. 4 lettered mods of varying levels. Missing 1 Acc/Power 198 (192 atm)

Any advice is welcome. Thanks! :D

Can you give me the specific cooldowns on all of your abilities? My best bet is that you are PROBABLY delaying your dots slightly too much. Also, with a 204 mainhand you should be doing around a 4.9 if not a 5k. Lemme know your exact stats and we can work from there.

Can you give me the specific cooldowns on all of your abilities? My best bet is that you are PROBABLY delaying your dots slightly too much. Also, with a 204 mainhand you should be doing around a 4.9 if not a 5k. Lemme know your exact stats and we can work from there.

I agree with ryd. 5k is doable for sure on a 204 MH and your operen isn't that bad, it is what i personally use for bosses requiring a high opening burst. But would be handy to see your exact numbers gearwise

Can you give me the specific cooldowns on all of your abilities?.

Overhead - 8.4sec

Plasma - 11.2 sec

Blade Storm - 8.4sec

Sundering - 11.2sec

MasterStrike- 16.8sec (2.79 sec channel)

SaberThrow - 23.3sec

Dispatch - 9.3sec

I'll read through the guide and run some more parses. :/

Wish AMR was still a thing, I'd make something up for you.

244 crit rating, 490 surge, 624 alac, 745 acc, 3819PriStat (stim), 1700 power

24.21% Melee %, 24.61 Force %, 72.48% surge, 7.37% alac

PriDamage- 2099 - 2543

Melee Bonus damage- 1212.5

Force Bonus damage - 1933.5

Maybe you were just looking for the CDs..but I gave you everything anyway! :p

Edited by lmSlash

Overhead - 8.4sec

Plasma - 11.2 sec

Blade Storm - 8.4sec

Sundering - 11.2sec

MasterStrike- 16.8sec (2.79 sec channel)

SaberThrow - 23.3sec

Dispatch - 9.3sec

I'll read through the guide and run some more parses. :/

Wish AMR was still a thing, I'd make something up for you.

244 crit rating, 490 surge, 624 alac, 745 acc, 3819PriStat (stim)

24.21% Melee %, 24.61 Force %, 72.48% surge, 7.37% alac

PriDamage- 2099 - 2543

Force Bonus damage - 1933.5

Maybe you were just looking for the CDs..but I gave you everything anyway! :p

What i find interesting is that you used 12 dispatches, do you use it more then just on proc ?

What i find interesting is that you used 12 dispatches, do you use it more then just on proc ?

With this parse I used Dispatch 12 times w/ 11 Keening procs. I believe the 12th Dispatch was used w/o proc to finish off the dummy. Don't really know what I did there.

Edited by lmSlash

Saster, I looked at your parse and found something interesting

You don't seem to prioritize ravage/dots, at least not in the same way everyone else does. I notice you use a LOT more Vengeful Slam/ Vig thrust, more than any other player. I find that curious. You use Vengeful Slam every 12 seconds, I average every 25-30. You seem to delay overhead slash and blade storm a lot more as well.

Not saying one of us is wrong, we could be both right, but I'm curious, do you have a reasoning for it? I'd expect the increased vig thrust would counteract or exceed the damage lost by DoT delays, and I'm tempted to see if maybe you've stumbled upon something insanely great.

Saster, I looked at your parse and found something interesting

You don't seem to prioritize ravage/dots, at least not in the same way everyone else does. I notice you use a LOT more Vengeful Slam/ Vig thrust, more than any other player. I find that curious. You use Vengeful Slam every 12 seconds, I average every 25-30. You seem to delay overhead slash and blade storm a lot more as well.

Not saying one of us is wrong, we could be both right, but I'm curious, do you have a reasoning for it? I'd expect the increased vig thrust would counteract or exceed the damage lost by DoT delays, and I'm tempted to see if maybe you've stumbled upon something insanely great.

You have a very fair point i will do some research because in all honesty the rotation i use is so much muscle memory but you are right i do use vigilant thrust allot more, my DoT's seem to be up 95% of the time (plasma brand) 60%(burning purpose,OS DoT) and 59%-65%(DoT blade storm)

Also i have taken a bet with a guildy, I will do a 100mil parse with armor debuff. i assume it will take me around 20h. No date for it yet but when i am ready for it i will be streaming this :p for the people interested XD Edited by darreknight

Also i have taken a bet with a guildy, I will do a 100mil parse with armor debuff. i assume it will take me around 20h. No date for it yet but when i am ready for it i will be streaming this :p for the people interested XD

More like 8-9 if you manage to average at least 4.5k dps ;)

Can we get some more info on Alacrity vs Strength/Power Augs? It is very vague. i've heard people are switching, but I am not gonna waste all the gold unless its worth it.

well the use of alacrity augments is roughly a gain of about 200 dps, seems to preform in practically any fight also with no down side what so ever.

well the use of alacrity augments is roughly a gain of about 200 dps, seems to preform in practically any fight also with no down side what so ever.

I don't think it's that exact, the top TOP end I think it matches or slightly exceeds mainstat, but averages DEFINITELY go up, and in many fights alacrity makes things a lot easier (Torque, for one), and Sword Squadron (not that it's difficult).

when I started running it back in the day I went from a 4620 to a 4760 in about an hour, so yes it is an increase, the magnitude is dependent on the player.

Edited by lordbadtamaru

Back in home sweet home.

Anyway, I'll echo what my alter ego said and I do think the Crit Numbers are low.

His relic calculations are also extremely fishy, and many of my guildies have tested his other builds and haven't seen good results.

Very very dodgy, well i did the guardian build test on the pts and was quite disappointed

will try a variation with more crit to see if it might be handy but atm i am swearing with my build

Very very dodgy, well i did the guardian build test on the pts and was quite disappointed

will try a variation with more crit to see if it might be handy but atm i am swearing with my build

he adjusted for more alacrity, so I'm sticking with mine as well. They are close enough and I feel comfortable with my build.