Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

not sure if it is where i am located, or my rng just sucks, But in all Revanite (left side), and 4pc 192 + 2 pc 198 and 192 MH, i am only hitting 4500 on a 1mill dummy, so im not the happeist camper with my parse numbers, but in ops, im 2nd highest behind our anni mara and sometimes top dps, so i cant complain to much, interested to see where i will be when we kill cora, and revan HM, currently 8/10 hm tos/rav and working on cora right now, though on kills i have been over 4k on first 8 in those 2 ops

say what you will about reflect on Bulo and Torque though ;)

Yup, right now with just one Revanite Relic I'm pulling close to 4600, on the 1.5.

I would just work on DoT uptime and timing setbonus right, but I'd need to see a parse first ^.^

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the juggernaut Vengeance guide you say that 6 piece bonus is a must have. Wouldn't it be better to get the 186 dread master 2 piece for 8% increased ravage damage that is used every 12 seconds? Rather than an autocrit on impale once per minute, which crits enough as it is? I just feel the dps would be better with 8% dmg to one of the key abilities.

In the juggernaut Vengeance guide you say that 6 piece bonus is a must have. Wouldn't it be better to get the 186 dread master 2 piece for 8% increased ravage damage that is used every 12 seconds? Rather than an autocrit on impale once per minute, which crits enough as it is? I just feel the dps would be better with 8% dmg to one of the key abilities.

The damage is about even with the 2pc ravage being slightly ahead at the top end. In reality in a raid full ravage uptime is unrealistic, so the set bonus 6pc is better

I posted this in the other Vigilance thread, what is better 110.19 or 109.64 accuracy?

Other stats are pretty good, 24.10% crit (~255), 68.5% surge (~335), 0 alacrity.

Should I drop down to 720 accuracy by dropping an accuracy enhancement and replacing a power augment with a accuracy augment and pick up some alacrity or more surge or keep stats as is? I'm in mostly 192 token gear.

Edited by FSavop

I posted this in the other Vigilance thread, what is better 110.19 or 109.64 accuracy?

Other stats are pretty good, 24.10% crit (~255), 68.5% surge (~335), 0 alacrity.

Should I drop down to 720 accuracy by dropping an accuracy enhancement and replacing a power augment with a accuracy augment and pick up some alacrity or more surge or keep stats as is? I'm in mostly 192 token gear.

I would go the accuracy augment route (no more than 1) if it gets you to 100, if not, stick with a traditional build.

• 3 weeks later...
Yup, right now with just one Revanite Relic I'm pulling close to 4600, on the 1.5.

I would just work on DoT uptime and timing setbonus right, but I'd need to see a parse first ^.^

Vesev was just checking over my last log as well, I was delaying my dots inadvertently, fixed that issue, but crits are low now haha, this was my latest this morning 4656 keep in mind I'm BIS except for one armoring, so this number upsets me, I'll keep at it, , 5k should be within reach

MAJOR updates incoming. I am changing my thoughts on alacrity (special thanks to Manweth) to running FULL ALACRITY AUGMENTS (some caveats based on future theorycrafting)

Stay tuned.

Aww yeah Alacrity builds!

I do think Excipher has dibs on the alacrity discovery though. Considering he started the trend back at Christmas

Evidence here

Hey all. The Alacrity influenced Vigilance guide has been updated.

You'll notice that there are new footnotes for those who want to run the advanced alacrity build. The guide will continue to reference the traditional build, but for those who want it I have assembled the list of relevant information for you, IE statting, recommended APM, and unique to the build boss strategies as I continue to play around with it.

Happy Vigilant Thrusting (huehuehue)

• 4 weeks later...

My gear isn't great, but I did test Alacrity with it in ranges of 500-728.

1. 3,978 (500 Alacrity) 34.8 APM

1. 3,973 (728 Alacrity) 37.6 APM

2. 3,877 (728 Alacrity) 36.7 APM

2. 3,828 (500 Alacrity) 35.6 APM

3. 4,040 (728 Alacrity) 36.0 APM

3. 3,981 (500 Alacrity) 35.7 APM

1. 4,017 (676 Alacrity) 36.0 APM

2. 3,978 (676 Alacrity) 35.8 APM

3. 3,939 (675 Alacrity) 35.9 APM

1. 3,946 (624 Alacrity) 35.0 APM

2. 3,937 (624 Alacrity) 36.2 APM

3. 4,009 (624 Alacrity) 36.9 APM

The following Value's are from adding the 3 parses together for any overall number. (Not that it's ideal.)

500 Alacrity 11,787

728 Alacrity 11,890

624 Alacrity 11,892

676 Alacrity 11,934

500 = 3.929

728 = 3.963

676 = 3.978

624 = 3.964

Edited by Highallday

My gear isn't great, but I did test Alacrity with it in ranges of 500-728.

1. 3,978 (500 Alacrity) 34.8 APM

1. 3,973 (728 Alacrity) 37.6 APM

2. 3,877 (728 Alacrity) 36.7 APM

2. 3,828 (500 Alacrity) 35.6 APM

3. 4,040 (728 Alacrity) 36.0 APM

3. 3,981 (500 Alacrity) 35.7 APM

1. 4,017 (676 Alacrity) 36.0 APM

2. 3,978 (676 Alacrity) 35.8 APM

3. 3,939 (675 Alacrity) 35.9 APM

1. 3,946 (624 Alacrity) 35.0 APM

2. 3,937 (624 Alacrity) 36.2 APM

3. 4,009 (624 Alacrity) 36.9 APM

The following Value's are from adding the 3 parses together for any overall number. (Not that it's ideal.)

500 Alacrity 11,787

728 Alacrity 11,890

624 Alacrity 11,892

676 Alacrity 11,934

500 = 3.929

728 = 3.963

676 = 3.978

624 = 3.964

36.2 APM is possible with 0 alacrity, fyi. With 798 alacrity I am able to achieve an APM of 39.7 using only rotational abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i have been using, a setup with 3 acc augments, 2 surge and rest alacrity, compensating for the alacrity with 2 enhancements. I'd highly value your opinion on this Rydarus haha I know i am hitting the DR on surge but i have personal preferance for the higher surge to minimaze drops in dps on a bad crit parse. it seems to work very very well

i have been using, a setup with 3 acc augments, 2 surge and rest alacrity, compensating for the alacrity with 2 enhancements. I'd highly value your opinion on this Rydarus haha I know i am hitting the DR on surge but i have personal preferance for the higher surge to minimaze drops in dps on a bad crit parse. it seems to work very very well

I don't record parse as much as I used to but what is your percentage? I have 69.10 on Rydarus and see nothing wrong with it.

I don't record parse as much as I used to but what is your percentage? I have 69.10 on Rydarus and see nothing wrong with it.

Currently i am looking at a nice 99.99%acc and a 71.89%(464) surge which well while going over the DR i haven't done any tests with a strenght/power augments instead of surge.

Currently i am looking at a nice 99.99%acc and a 71.89%(464) surge which well while going over the DR i haven't done any tests with a strenght/power augments instead of surge.

For record parsing that's good, I think for raiding I'd rather have the static power/mainstat, probably power since you don't have MS augs

For record parsing that's good, I think for raiding I'd rather have the static power/mainstat, probably power since you don't have MS augs

the rare occasions i have been dpsing (been condemned to being a tank by the guild XD) it seems to work quite well for sure but yeah needs more testing, I'll keep you posted from what i can see it works fine in sm's but well who's even counting that as a raid now a days XD. but like you said it works very well on parsing front, involves allot less praying to RNGesus

Edited by darreknight

the rare occasions i have been dpsing (been condemned to being a tank by the guild XD) it seems to work quite well for sure but yeah needs more testing, I'll keep you posted from what i can see it works fine in sm's but well who's even counting that as a raid now a days XD. but like you said it works very well on parsing front, involves allot less praying to RNGesus

LESS praying? That's... peculiar. I'd assume with a more surge emphasis there would be MORE praying...

interesting, keep me posted.

Also last I checked you had the top parse! Alacrity represent! Grats!

Edited by GrandLordMenace

LESS praying? That's... peculiar. I'd assume with a more surge emphasis there would be MORE praying...

interesting, keep me posted.

Also last I checked you had the top parse! Alacrity represent! Grats!

hah aye, i am a VERY big fan of the alacrity build and proving to the rest of the community that we can be more than just awesome tanks :p

hah aye, i am a VERY big fan of the alacrity build and proving to the rest of the community that we can be more than just awesome tanks :p

Test with Surge augments Average 4873,4dps

Test with Strenght augments Average 4871,6dps

Test with Power augments Average 4922.8dps

Not a 100% happy with the strenght tests because it does contain a really **** one but yeah

seems i am censored -.-

Edited by darreknight
more numbers