Underpowered since 3.0 Changes. Anyone else having problems on Sub 55 toons?

Luddha

Silver's are odd. There's a couple of wandering birds on Rishi that my equal level Assassin should destroy. But if I am not Johnny-on-the-spot all of a sudden I go from 75% to 25% health in an instant.

However, for those of you sub-50, you're obviously nubs. The devs SAID in their twitch that TTK would be the same. So L2P. (*)

(*) Please note that is sarcasm and not meant as a personal attack.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that some casted abilities mobs use hit much harder than before. That is my experience as a (still) lvl 55 Guardian playing solo as Vigilance and tanking some FPs with Defense spec. Gil in Mandalorian Raiders for example seemed to do double the damage than three days ago. And my actual defense stats improved, because I upgraded some 162 gear to 172.

My level 34 merc is having issues taking on strong mobs too. Almost one-shot killed by a lvl 32 strong with the "Terminate" ability. Companions healing seems significantly reduced.

That's the hardest-hitting ability NPCs have. It's called "Terminate" for a reason. You may wish to interrupt that one

I've noticed an increase in the amount of damage I take per hit in general. Been leveling my mara using strictly dps comps and used to be able to jump in and kill everything without having to worry or even bother with cooldowns. Normally, I'd still at least have above 50% hp left. Now, level 33 with 33 gear, on Taris, those tactics leave me around 30% if I'm lucky. I figured it was an l2p issue with the changes or Taris mobs got new tricks, but started watching numbers more closely anyway.

One silver was taking 8-10% hp per hit off me with his normal attack. If I jump into a pack of 4-5 normals, I almost instantly drop to 70-80% just from their opening attacks. The odd thing I noticed was that if I sent Jaesa in first, she took far less damage than I did. She has 5% more defense, 5% less DR, and 1k more HP than I do, but she would finish fights with 80% or more HP. Taking on one mob at a time, I'd end up at the same level she did. I guess she's tanking for me for now.

I've been trying to test this out. I'm 55 and was trying to finish up my story on my Consular and I'm thinking something fishy is going on with DoT from enemies. Saw some fellow players complaining about dying too quickly and started trying to test it out since I'm 6-7 levels above the zone. The physical bleed on elites were only hitting me for 200. I'm trying to find a strong with a DoT.

I did the story quest on Corellia where you have to fight the Imperial guards and they had 3 strongs and an elite. I almost died instantly. I had to hit every cooldown at the same time to survive the fight.

What tipped me off on the DoT problem was that during that fight I finished the strongs and turned to see that Nadia's bleed passive was melting the elite. Did some more testing and her bleeds tick for 10-20% of a mob's health. I think her bleed ability is the same one that mobs use.

Edited by Tenrai

I noticed this tonight on my characters trying to finish Makeb. Monday night I had no issues and was destroying everything in my path. Tonight I'm getting wrecked by silver mobs and I'm taking way more damage than I was just before 3.0. Another thing I've noticed is that on Makeb I would never get dismounted by mobs until 3.0 and now I am always getting knocked off my mount by everything. Kind of annoying!

And yes, I do have GSI active. ;)

I have noticed that silver mobs are much more powerful, the same mobs I have been fighting in dailies for a long long time. Heals are quite weak now. I do not notice the loss of damage output too much but healing has taken a large nerf it seems. Gonna see how things go for a bit; I may end up repeccing my healers to dps. Healing has always been my favorite thing, but if it is too weak for my taste I might reluctantly go dps instead on my healers.

I noticed this tonight on my characters trying to finish Makeb. Monday night I had no issues and was destroying everything in my path. Tonight I'm getting wrecked by silver mobs and I'm taking way more damage than I was just before 3.0. Another thing I've noticed is that on Makeb I would never get dismounted by mobs until 3.0 and now I am always getting knocked off my mount by everything. Kind of annoying!

And yes, I do have GSI active. ;)

Yeah indeed, and when you get dismounted you are at 30% HP somehow!!!!! instantly.

There is something fishy going on, to the extend I let it last night to count the damage.

Strong mobs (Voss, Corelia) were hitting for 1300-1700 on my level 48-49 toon or companion, fully equipped with level 47 mods. All blue mods on orange gear, Purple Chestguard with purple mods, (the chestguard was a drop last night)

Elites of same areas and on same levels, were hitting for 650-700 damage!

note that a Juggernaut at these levels with Level 47 mods, is having around 13K hp.

Jaesa was dealing more than twice as much damage than me, and she isn't geared more than level 39 gear, except her weapon which is level 47. (Affection 5400) She was hitting as hard as the "Strong" mobs.

While Quinn couldn't keep up the heals, where before I never had issues with him. And he is fully equipped to level with 10000 affection. Consider that the night before (Monday) I was soloing Heroic 4 on my level at Voss with him (level 47-48).

Again, no issues with normal or Elites, but Strong (Silver) ones only.

I will respec to Immortal tonight since it will raise my ability to survive, and deal more damage, because it seems the Smash is doing now more damage on Immortal Spec than Rage spec!!!!!!

I was having the same issue with my lvl 30 Carnage Mara on a lvl 24 class story misson (the one when you first speak with Nomen Karr at the listening station). I haven't got the best gear i may can, but i have decent equipment (orange armor with around lvl 28 mods, a few purple), and i brought along Quinn to heal me, but i was died 3 or more times mainly when i needed to kill silver mobs.... I know i am not a professional player, but i played PvP-s, done a lot of PVE content, and never have this kind of problems, even with the squishiest char'c can survive this kind of fights, but after the Revan update they almost one-shot me every time.

I was happy with the fight until the last update, if they roll back the mobs to the difficulty it used to be, that would be fine IMO....

I hope that a BW developer reads this thread and check it out or at least they can give us some advice or explain what the heck is going on here...

Experiencing the same issue on Voss with Silver/Strong mobs. From what I have seen in chat, others had the same issue.

My 47 Powertech was having no issues before the patch, now Silver NPCs ( such as the Vorantikus Crusher ) hit extremely hard. I had to stun, use DCDs, or kite the mobs to kill them.

I took a parse from the combat log and submitted a bug report, I believe the Vorantikus Crusher took around 60% of my Powertech's health in 4 seconds.

I adjusted my playstyle last night with better results. However I am now convinced the issue is not related to the changes as a matter of design, but are more about a problem with the math.

First I changed to a more conservative style of play... So I sent my companion in and started healing... this didn't go so good. I remembered someone mentioning in this thread that in addition to the bigger kick the MOBs had, he had noticed that they died noticeably faster. So I changed to a more aggressive playstyle. As a healer one would expect that healing would be part of my regular play, instead I found that if I bubbled and rejuvenated Qyzen then let out a Forcequake I could consistently kill the group before they killed Qyzen. I might swap out Zenith since the tank/healer combo isn't really working like before. If the changes were intended to give players more distinct roles than I must question the logic of why I find more success going damage than I do using any Seer abilities.

I treated the Silvers as Golds and was sure to interrupt and stun each fight ( not necessary pre 3.0 ). This causes more downtime between fights but I'm not dying like day 1. But one thing is certain, tanks are more squishy and heals are weak. Against a Silver I cannot out heal the incoming damage on my companion. I can't imagine how Flashpoints would be at this point!

Went to Ilum tonight, and unfortunately I cannot finish the main quest line :/

Trying to kill the Duros squads, they are all "Silver/Strong", coming in 2-3 per spawn, and they hit for 3000+ damage per hit!!!!!!! ***.

One shot, 3500 damage after the push back. 3 shots and my toon is dead!!!!! At level 49 with level 49 gear!!!!

Ive been leveling a trooper the last few weeks and have gotten to lvl 36. Im using orange modables and have them up to date in blues with no purples. Ive noticed I am taking way more damage since the patch but my dps is a lot higher. Silvers drop fairly fast and I use Treek as a tank companion also using blue armor/mods. I used to be able to just attack and have Treek jump in automatically. Cant do that now, I have to send Treek in first or I die fairly fast. Once the fight is over though Treek is normally half to 3/4 dead and my downtime is minimal as I just jump on my mount for a second and treek is back up to full health. It is a bit slower when Im indoors and cant mount up. All in all the combats are faster with minimum downtime. I just had to adjust my tactics a bit.

It's not limited to sub-55s, even. I spent a good while last night dying (and watching other people die) to the champions in Oricon - champions we all used to solo with no problem at 55.

Going to Oricon, H2+ Quest Done is FAR to many times before, no issue.

Sith Lightning Sorcerer, 180 Gear, 156 Artifact Aug, Willpower Stim

Comp, Xalek, Tank Stance, 168/180 Gear, MK-8 Artifact Aug

I get my arse handed to me not once but twice on a single boss mob that I did solo before with gear far worse then I have now.

So this is happening all over the place it seems

Going to Oricon, H2+ Quest Done is FAR to many times before, no issue.

Sith Lightning Sorcerer, 180 Gear, 156 Artifact Aug, Willpower Stim

Comp, Xalek, Tank Stance, 168/180 Gear, MK-8 Artifact Aug

I get my arse handed to me not once but twice on a single boss mob that I did solo before with gear far worse then I have now.

So this is happening all over the place it seems

I'm experiencing similar results. I went to Oricon Tuesday night for the usual Dailies and I got my butt handed to me by the Champions in the Heroic 2+ quest, which I could easily solo before. One of them literally two-shotted me. I went from 30k health to 10k to zero health in about two seconds.

No, the issue is not that my own damage was nerfed. This patch definitely has some stealth buffs to Silver, Gold and Champion mobs.

I think its not only silvers but regular mobs too. I noticed when dealing with 4 or 5 regulars I was taking a lot more damage than usual. I'm talking mobs lower level than me too. Silvers are so blatantly obvious that it shouldn't even be debatable. Two or three hits and I'm dead. Oddly enough golds do seem easier. Somethings wrong when I'm getting killed by silvers and regulars and breezing past golds. It should, if anything, be the other way around, shouldn't it? Have the devs addressed or even acknowledged this yet?

I'm having the same problem. Was working with my lvl 40 sorcerer, reasonably well geared (orange moddable gear, with up to date mods) with Khem Val (reasonably geared) tanking. No issues with normal mobs - they seem to die a little quicker even. Doesn't seem to be any issue with gold mobs. But silver/strong! I can't keep Khem healed fast enough to counter the damage silvers are doing to him now. And then he dies - and then I die. I can't heal myself fast enough either. Against silvers 2-3 levels BELOW me. I use every heal available to me, medpacs, Legacy Unity, Static Barrier and interrupts as often as possible, and am now struggling against silver mobs. I can just manage to best 1 - if there's 2, I die. Every time.

Something has definitely gone screwy. And while I'm not a hotshot player (don't do Ops, FPs or PvP), I do know what I'm doing and have played this game from the start (and many other MMOs as well), so don't give me that L2P BS.

I had this issue too when 3.0 came out .. and for the past 2 days my characters, who are all presently doing Narr Shaddaa bonus area for upgrades, were literally unplayable unless I really loved dying 2 times to a 3 MoB spawn when I was able to solo it with work the day prior to 3.0..

Today I started again with my JK Guardian using Treek as healer and I found I managed the whole of hired guns solo almost like before except I was often getting HUGH lag spikes when I would stop doing anything after hitting an instant attack..

then I noticed Treek also wasn't doing anything during these spikes (neither healing nor attacking) and yet I had base damage incoming from the mobs at a regular rate..

The new set up for the "tank" types especially are all active defense so if your character is basically locked up you have no defense whatsoever ..

I just logged off again and the lag was back .. I was on my trooper dies 2 or 3 times in the middle of all this lag..

Now not saying this makes it right or is even a definite reason why this happens but it certainly makes me want to question things and makes me want to hear if the DEVs have seen anything about this as far as it seems to be occurring..

I won't lie I was angry as hell on day 1 after 5 deaths on 2 spawns without any reason noticeable save the possibility of nerfs and called , complained and cancelled sub but today I tried again..

I called customer service to mention shat I had discovered and mentioned that for people like myself stuck in the middle of the game it would be nice to hear at least they know there could be a problem and they will look into it when possible but so far nada.

We see a lot of DEV notes about 55+ problems but those of us not there are feeling a bit ignored and I am pretty sure my money is as good as the other people...

Peace all and be well

Very obvious that something is weird. Dailies I have done forever, and know exactly what the enemies should do in terms of damage, are now doing much much more damage.

Monday I do said dailies. Tuesday, I do very significant gear upgrades to my characters and comps with commendations. Go do same dailies.

BOOM , take huge damage, and my healer toons heal for a lot less. The dps reduction I heard about is not too noticeable but healing is much much less and mobs, especially silvers, are now doing about 2x the damage they did. Hard to measure accurately but, instantly my companions or I take a big chunk of damage from simple attacks. It is quite obvious.

Feels like I am lvl 50 again with lesser gear. Something has really changed.

Hope this is a bug and they fix it.

My sith sorc is level 38 and I would own everything. Never died except for gold bosses. Now I die to 1 silver in about 3 seconds. I found it to be the elemental damage is destroying me the most. Not sure what is going on but has made the game unplayable. :{

Have the Devs acknowledged this issue at all? I am seeing other posts about this.

I don't have a 55 level toon to go to, I imagine there are a few others in the same boat as me. It would be nice to know that BW is aware of this.

I have adapted, and am dying less. I have heard someone mention that the area between 20-40 seems to be where most have issues. For me it was specifically Hoth. I can update when I move on to another world and share my experiences.