Underpowered since 3.0 Changes. Anyone else having problems on Sub 55 toons?

Luddha

I realize I am likely the minority here. You see I have no max leveled toons. So I respecced my Lvl 39 Consular Sage (Seer). And despite the claim that lower level MOBs are now easier to kill, I am dying to Silvers, when I used to solo Champs. I checked with others in game and they also felt that there are balance issues currently for those still leveling up. My heals don't do as much any more and my companion is dying way too quickly.

And yes I did fill out my Disciplines.

Anyone else out there still leveling that is noticing this? Perhaps it is just an issue related to the Seer?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I canceled because I play the low to mid game over and over. I do not like the high end game because of how long raids take (I have physical disability). So when I went to check on my lower level toons, which I would always keep them around. The idea to level them all up to me is something I would never want to do. They where horrible to play. Carrot (GSI) then big Sony style nerf stick to everything.

They basically republished the game. A game where people have paid money for Cartel items expecting certain HP points and damages for all levels not just the few elite yes men that the dev's like to play with and listen to.

And I thought it was me.

Indeed my level 48 Rage spec Juggernaut is having trouble to kill just "Strong" mobs.

No issue with Elites!!!!!!!!! but Strong ones seem to hit harded and have more hp!

Is bit stupid same level Elite is doing around 600 damage and the Strongs 1320+

How is that possible!!!! Never has this issue before, even when I was under level for areas in the past by up to 3 levels.

Now I am 1 level above the mobs and have issues.

FYI All gear up to level 47.

Adding also that Corelia tonight is almost unplayable. While my ms is between 44-46 there are huge lag spikes, and everyone in the zone is complaining also, and that doesn't help when you have spikes on damage and you find youself dead from full hp.

Edited by Apoll

I am kinda shocked over the whole thing because how GSI was sold to us and how much I liked it.

Being a solo player (I used to lead guilds and what not before I got sick so it's not like I don't know or lack

the play skills to be in the end game and raiding) GSI worked out great. This is so dramatic that it's like your car crashed then instead of a corvette it's a little 4 cyl car now and a certain politician in DC is the man handing you the keys and saying how about that nice downsized school meal and burger too?

What I've noticed in 3.0, based on both my personal observations, and anecdotally (ergo, thus is just an opinion), is that healing companions seem to have gotten hit with a stealth nerf. Virtually every person I've spoken to who's having issues with stuff that hey used to easily take on has been using a healing companion.

Frankly, I'm grinning ear to ear because of it, but I get how it's a big shock to a lot of people.

One suggestion for those that are having troubles. It is possible there are some of your abilities that you haven't used much, which give utility that will make the fights easier.

Just by way of example, on my first toon ever (Commando) I never paid attention to Hold the Line and mostly ignored it. It wasn't until (shamefully) months later that I discovered how useful it was on mobs that try to bounce you around.

Most classes have a decent variety of tools for different combat situations that are easy to overlook. Changing up the strategy of how you approach a difficult fight may in fact make it easy again.

Edited by Khevar

I agree. the NPC nerf seems a little uneven to me. I'm playing a lv.28 Marauder and even though I deal a lot more damage, Silver enemies have been hitting me pretty hard and seeing how common I run across them in the story, it gets to be pretty tricky, especially since they often aren't alone. Oddly enough I fought a Gold mini-boss in the story and didn't even have enough time to get anymore info on him before he was dead.

I am not arguing the point, only pointing out that often in the game, in my experience, silvers were more challenging to fight then golds.

Not sure why....could be based on abilities.

Often I could handle two golds easily....but two silvers were murder. Not always the case, but quite often.

Also the increase in cooldowns on interrupts might be a contributing factor, though I think casuals do not use interrupts that often anyway.

At any rate, I have always thought they should give the silver mobs in the game a bit of a reduction pass. Many are overpowered in some situations IMO, based on abilities.

Silver mobs seem way overpowered. Whether I'm on a level 30 or 48, when I fight a silver, it delivers huge chunks of damage with every hit. I've died twice on my 48 Marauder in what I figured would be an easy fight. It does seem like a bug. I hope it is a bug.

You guys need to realize all the Guys screaming how great it is on Forums are mostly PvPers and or have most charcters at 55 plus now... even if its a lower level toon they just switch over gear to max it out so they dont have to sruggle like real new guys so to them every thing is perfect...

My level 34 merc is having issues taking on strong mobs too. Almost one-shot killed by a lvl 32 strong with the "Terminate" ability. Companions healing seems significantly reduced.

sorry to tell you guys who think it is your healer companions but it isn't just that ..

all the tanks are not mitigating damage as they were ... my 35th level tank need another level just to get the 2% over all damage resist and the +15% armor which I think we used to get at 15th level ..

the game was in some manner tested for max levels but not for leveling in lower to mid range..

I would go play my 41st level guardian to see if it gets better on my less played server except I have no credits on that server and need to repurchase a whole bunch of skills again (it is where all the credits went the first time and why I stopped playing after being robbed the last big change that cost me a lot for retraining the exact same skills I had before)

played the beta .. in for the head start .. played 6 months afterwards .. and have now played for a month again but I am OUT OUT OUT unless they fix this crap

So it sounds like this is NOT just my imagination, or specific to my class.

I even upgraded my gear prior to heading out. I am 39 having issues with 37 level MOBs. My companion dies almost each fight. I'm sure I can adjust my playstyle to be a bit more conservative and die less... but my concern is this is going to make leveling a bit loathsome. And considering that the patch notes specifically note that these MOBs should be even easier to kill... the OPPOSITE is true in my experience so far. I don't care if they are easier than before... in fact I thought the difficulty level before was pretty good. I'd settle for getting things back to what they were.

I really think this is a real problem it makes me really want to not level my toon. It says specifically in the patch notes for 3.0 it's supposed to be easier and it's freaking not even... WTH!!!!!!!! I can't even believe this madness. I am so angry!!!!!!!!

Edit: I am running with purples and blues too. btw

Edited by pottymouth

My DPS characters I'm not noticing too much of a difference on, but that could simply be a side effect of gaining some former talent tree skills earlier on thus pumping out a little more damage to offset it.

On my Powertech Tank however, I feel a little... I dunno... softer. It isn't much, but it's noticeable against Elites. Of course, the Heat changes have made it so I really, really, REALLY have to work hard to even go past 50% heat, so I can pump out my damage and utility skills at a much quicker rate. This has resulted in me taking a little more damage over the course of a fight, but fights are a little shorter, so it balances out rather well so far. Of course, I'd have to go tackle a few Heroic 4's with Mako out to see if things really changed on that end.

And I always Field Respec my healers so I solo as DPS, so I can't comment there, sorry :(

So it sounds like this is NOT just my imagination, or specific to my class.

I even upgraded my gear prior to heading out. I am 39 having issues with 37 level MOBs. My companion dies almost each fight. I'm sure I can adjust my playstyle to be a bit more conservative and die less... but my concern is this is going to make leveling a bit loathsome. And considering that the patch notes specifically note that these MOBs should be even easier to kill... the OPPOSITE is true in my experience so far. I don't care if they are easier than before... in fact I thought the difficulty level before was pretty good. I'd settle for getting things back to what they were.

^^ This. Something is wrong with Strong labeled mobs. (Silvers?)

My experience as well - I had leveled a Guardian to 50, and lacked a few story missions to complete Act 3, so I decided to see the story out since the 12x XP is sadly gone.

Before the update/release I was eating everyone's lunch with Doc keeping me patched up easily . . . all my gear is adaptive and level 49 mods.

Today, I cannot take out 2 silver (Strong) enemies simultaneously. I burn cooldowns, Doc gets his head caved in, and I kill one then call a probe and kill the other. It's definitely frustrating.

On the positive side, I about spit my drink all over when I ressed Doc and he promptly said "Uh, that's normally my job". The cat never died before!