PvP enabled in the landing area of Yavin

demotivator

If its correct that on PvP servers people were ganked that much than its really ashame.

On the PvE server TRE it was great fun and you could only attack people with flags enabled (ergo = those that want to PvP or are willingly taking the risk of PvP).

I never experienced real ganking except maybe in very few occassions which was more an imbalance in the teams. Imbalance meaning my guildy and I versus 6-7 imps :p

I do want to make it clear to bioware that this is the only planet where open world PvP has a chance to pop up with litlle effort from either side. If you make it a sanctuary please be aware that you destroyed a perfect fine chance of PvP.

Ofc there must be something done to avoid loadingscreen ganking. Imo there could be better options like maybe a longer immunity login buff or an other buff which gives you enough time to reach the speeders.

Making it a pure sanctuary goes a tad to far imo. Lore/RP wise it doesn't really matter that imperial and republic are coalition partners. War is dirty and without giving spoilers, the prelude missions are showing this quite clearly.

Suggestion: Read more than the first page of posts before posting. You make a prime example, though not the extreme example, of what I mentioned in my first post in this thread.

Correction: We're not calling the big battles "ganking". We're calling the 5 v 1 and spawn camping "ganking". Only talentless meatbags do that.

Correction: Had you read them you would know that we don't want all PvP gone. We don't mind the PvP battles. Those are fun. It's the talentless meatbags that call spawn camping and ganking 5 v 1 (both also known as griefing) "PvP".

Eager Statement: Bring on the big battles.

Recommendation: I will not repeat what I put in my first post. Please read it as it expresses what this is about and was to deter this kind of post.

When I said "it's not ganking" I was referring to an earlier post where someone suggested that proper battles didn't happen and that PvPers just wanted to carry on ganking people. I'm well aware that plenty of ganking goes on and even said that in my post. I have read all previous posts and I understand why people want this area not to be like it is atm.

I think a good comprimise would be to give players immunity for a certain amount of time after they spawn so that, if they want to, they do have time to switch instance. But I actually like the idea of two bases being right next to each other as it actively encourages owPvP to actually happen.

To clarify, I'm completely against ganking/griefing etc but I feel it would be a shame to make the area completely immune to PvP. I would like there to be a comprimise so that PvP can still happen but anyone who doesn't want to take part can leave.

Edited by SeanFM
spelling

Landing zone should always be PvP free.

It would allow players to stay safe while they get ready or wait for friends or guild mates to join them.

However forcing PvE players to go through a PvP area to complete PvE objective is a no go.

To clarify, I'm completely against ganking/griefing etc but I feel it would be a shame to make the area completely immune to PvP. I would like there to be a comprimise so that PvP can still happen but anyone who doesn't want to take part can leave.

Query: So then in the future when the population on that moon goes down, those that are there to finish the story still can't because they are unable to get to the speeder or even the story phase because there is only one instance and the Imps/Pubs are jumping everyone that tries to do anything there?

Fact: Not everyone has the time to always deal with that.

Admission: Yes it can happen on the rest of the moon, but it's easier to get away when you call for help and that help arrives because the opposite faction's medical center or base is considerably further away.

Statement: The short term solution is making a portion of that landing area a sanctuary. The long term solution is to make the entire landing zone a sanctuary. If people want to PvP that badly, they'll do it out in the open world away from the landing zone, not just the confines of the landing zone. There is more than enough space on the rest of the moon to have open world PvP. All of this crying out "this is an outrage" by a few of the PvPers is pointless.

Informative Statement: My guild is a PvP guild, and we feel that this change is necessary.

Hey all,

This is getting addressed in 3.0.1. As with all pre-patch stuff I say, it's pending final testing.

I hope all these people crying about getting killed on yavin 4 are on the PvE servers. Because if you're on they're on the PvP servers, it clearly stated that it'll be an open world Player vs Player. And people crying about how you're getting killed, are ruining the PvP servers, and Open world PvP period. And it's fun for those who ACTUALLY signed up for the server knowingly, to PvP. If they didn't want to be on a PvP server, there's Server transfers they can do. Yavin 4 is the best thing that has happen to this game for the PvP servers. On PoT5 there's constantly war brewing between both factions. And I have yet seen "Stop killing me I'm trying to do dailies " from either or. A lot of the times you can just walk past it all, I have. just casually walking(running) in the middle of the faction fight. If it's not at the base, IT WILL happen as the PvE players quest, and then they're just gonna keep on crying.

PvE players on PvP servers who cry about Getting killed, QQ

I hope all these people crying about getting killed on yavin 4 are on the PvE servers. Because if you're on they're on the PvP servers, it clearly stated that it'll be an open world Player vs Player. And people crying about how you're getting killed, are ruining the PvP servers, and Open world PvP period. And it's fun for those who ACTUALLY signed up for the server knowingly, to PvP. If they didn't want to be on a PvP server, there's Server transfers they can do. Yavin 4 is the best thing that has happen to this game for the PvP servers. On PoT5 there's constantly war brewing between both factions. And I have yet seen "Stop killing me I'm trying to do dailies " from either or. A lot of the times you can just walk past it all, I have. just casually walking(running) in the middle of the faction fight. If it's not at the base, IT WILL happen as the PvE players quest, and then they're just gonna keep on crying.

Correction: The only ones crying here are meatbags like you because you're not seeing beyond your own sense of selfrighteiousness.

Correction: Yes you are being self-righteous. You believe that since PvP means Player versus Player, you are allowed to grief others and they shouldn't complain about it at all ever.

Fact: That is not PvP. True PvP is giving the other player the opportunity to fight back.

Observation: You meatbags act as though they're asking for all PvP to be removed completely from the game.

Fact: The reality is that this thread is so that players aren't being ganked while logging/loading in and then repeatedly killed in the same spot because players are camping the medical center and shuttle.

Fact: That is not PvP. It's camping, ganking, and borderline harassment.

Statement: Your post clearly indicates that you didn't read anything besides the thread's title and the Developer post(s).

Fact: Not all PvPers want to PvP 24/7. The only problem here is the hard core PvPers that are being inconsiderate to those that just don't feel like doing any open world PvP at the moment. Yes, there is such a thing as a PvP player not wanting to PvP all day every day. And they're not going to a PvE server because that's not why they're on the PvP server.

Correction: The only ones crying here are meatbags like you because you're not seeing beyond your own sense of self-righteousness.

Correction: Yes you are being self-righteous. You believe that since PvP means Player versus Player, you are allowed to grief others and they shouldn't complain about it at all ever.

Fact: That is not PvP. True PvP is giving the other player the opportunity to fight back.

Observation: You meatbags act as though they're asking for all PvP to be removed completely from the game.

Fact: The reality is that this thread is so that players aren't being ganked while logging/loading in and then repeatedly killed in the same spot because players are camping the medical center and shuttle.

Statement: Your post clearly indicates that you didn't read anything besides the thread's title and the Developer post(s).

Fact: Not all PvPers want to PvP 24/7. The only problem here is the hard core PvPers that are being inconsiderate to those that just don't feel like doing any open world PvP at the moment. Yes, there is such a thing as a PvP player not wanting to PvP all day every day. And they're not going to a PvE server because that's not why they're on the PvP server.

Your tears are so delicious. Stop crying because you can no longer abuse and exploit a bug.

FACT: You're confusing "facts" with "your imagination." The server description of PVP servers clearly states that any conflict that can be resolved via PVP of any kind is never to be considered harassment.

It's not even borderline harassment. It's what overworld PVP should be on PVP servers. Players hunting players. The staging area of Y4 was the most overworld PVP fun I've ever had, because of how many people were playing and how chaotic it was. If you want to get on with your solo quest business, use a med probe and take advantage of the super stealth it gives you.

What we have here is case #13,583 of people on PVP servers whining that they were forced to PVP without their permission. BioWare was nice to implement server transfers, so feel free to take advantage of that anytime now. If the coalition staging zone is no longer PVP, then overworld PVP goes back to being dead. You might find another player to fight once or twice an hour, just like how it is now on Tatooine and other planets.

Edited by HaoZhao

FACT: You're confusing "facts" with "your imagination." The server description of PVP servers clearly states that any conflict that can be resolved via PVP of any kind is never to be considered harassment.

It's not even borderline harassment. It's what overworld PVP should be on PVP servers. Players hunting players. The staging area of Y4 was the most overworld PVP fun I've ever had, because of how many people were playing and how chaotic it was. If you want to get on with your solo quest business, use a med probe and take advantage of the super stealth it gives you.

What we have here is case #13,583 of people on PVP servers whining that they were forced to PVP without their permission. BioWare was nice to implement server transfers, so feel free to take advantage of that anytime now. If the coalition staging zone is no longer PVP, then overworld PVP goes back to being dead. You might find another player to fight once or twice an hour, just like how it is now on Tatooine and other planets.

"if i can't kill players in a load screen that cannot defend themselves i can't open world pvp"

"if i can't kill players in a load screen that cannot defend themselves i can't open world pvp"

That's funny, because last time I checked, these people were arriving with full log in immunity. I suggest you check your internet connection if you're dying while staring at a loading screen.

What's next. Are you going to complain that you get killed at a base on Quesh after doing a quick travel and getting a loading screen there because of your bad connection? Why even have PVP servers?

That's funny, because last time I checked, these people were arriving with full log in immunity. I suggest you check your internet connection if you're dying while staring at a loading screen.

What's next. Are you going to complain that you get killed at a base on Quesh after doing a quick travel and getting a loading screen there because of your bad connection? Why even have PVP servers?

Irritated Statement: I had a nice reply and lost it because I hit a wrong button.

Summary: Basically it said that you don't understand that PvP is not about camping others and attacking those that can't fight back. Going AFK in a PvP area is done at the risk and with the expectation that there is a good chance they will be attacked and defeated. the Veteran PvPers understand this.

Correction: The log-in immunity doesn't last long. Quite often both types of load screens last much longer than the immunity. And ones internet connection is not the sole reason for a pong log-in, but merely one of several possible causes.

Suggestion: I strongly suggest that you stop whining. And stop generalizing everyone who says something about this as a whiner. Yes there are those who needlessly whine about getting killed. I've seen the posts myself. But that doesn't make all of us that kind of player.

Correlative Statement: If you're going to generalize us like that, then you might as well say that all human beings with dark skin are drug addicted murderers. Or that all teenagers are trouble making disrespectful punks. Or that all Germans are Nazis. Or that all gamers are single obese 30 year old slobs with severe health problems and live in their mother's basement. (All statements in the above correlation are only an example to make a point. They do not reflect the views of myself, the users, or BioWare/E.A. Please don't be offended.)

Fact: The difference between you and me is that I'm not objecting after a decision has been made. I'm dealing with it. If they had decided that only the area where the shuttle and medical center is going to be a sanctuary, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't come here complaining about it. I would deal with it. You however came here to complain about a decision that has already been made.

Fact: The only reason you view OW PvP as "dead" is because of your attitude. There are more meatbags that play this game than just you. BioWare is not going to cater to only you. The master caters to both PvE and PvP players across all servers.

Conclusion: Do not attempt to continue complaining about it. It will get you nowhere and change nothing. Either learn to deal with it, or unsubscribe and leave.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Irritated Statement: I had a nice reply and lost it because I hit a wrong button.

Summary: Basically it said that you don't understand that PvP is not about camping others and attacking those that can't fight back. Going AFK in a PvP area is done at the risk and with the expectation that there is a good chance they will be attacked and defeated. the Veteran PvPers understand this.

Correction: The log-in immunity doesn't last long. Quite often both types of load screens last much longer than the immunity. And ones internet connection is not the sole reason for a pong log-in, but merely one of several possible causes.

Suggestion: I strongly suggest that you stop whining. And stop generalizing everyone who says something about this as a whiner. Yes there are those who needlessly whine about getting killed. I've seen the posts myself. But that doesn't make all of us that kind of player.

Correlative Statement: If you're going to generalize us like that, then you might as well say that all human beings with dark skin are drug addicted murderers. Or that all teenagers are trouble making disrespectful punks. Or that all Germans are Nazis. Or that all gamers are single obese 30 year old slobs with severe health problems and live in their mother's basement. (All statements in the above correlation are only an example to make a point. They do not reflect the views of myself, the users, or BioWare/E.A. Please don't be offended.)

Fact: The difference between you and me is that I'm not objecting after a decision has been made. I'm dealing with it. If they had decided that only the area where the shuttle and medical center is going to be a sanctuary, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't come here complaining about it. I would deal with it. You however came here to complain about a decision that has already been made.

Fact: The only reason you view OW PvP as "dead" is because of your attitude. There are more meatbags that play this game than just you. BioWare is not going to cater to only you. The master caters to both PvE and PvP players across all servers.

Conclusion: Do not attempt to continue complaining about it. It will get you nowhere and change nothing. Either learn to deal with it, or unsubscribe and leave.

Oh, haha, you're talking like a video game character instead of talking like an adult, hahahaha. It's like I'm really on 4chan in 2005! You're so witty, man. Really.

Did the nice reply you lost have anything to do with you correcting yourself for accusing people of borderline "harassment" when PVP server descriptions in the game clearly state that is a lie? Log in immunity lasts long enough to get you where you need to go unless you're playing the game on dial-up.

You want BioWare to cater to people who get their feelings hurt by being killed. Like I said (which you had no response to), use a medical probe, gain super stealth, go about your business. The only problem here is the one invented in your imagination. There's still time to transfer to a PVE server. Do you write multiple, long, unfunny complaints every time someone kills you on Quesh too? I'd love a straight answer.

If overworld PVP is so alive and kicking on planets other than Yavin 4 right now, why don't you go to the PVP board and make that claim there. You'd be laughed into oblivion for telling a(nother) lie, but at least a lesson would be learned.

Edited by HaoZhao

Oh, haha, you're talking like a video game character instead of talking like an adult, hahahaha. It's like I'm really on 4chan in 2005! You're so witty, man. Really.

Did the nice reply you lost have anything to do with you correcting yourself for accusing people of borderline "harassment" when PVP server descriptions in the game clearly state that is a lie? Log in immunity lasts long enough to get you where you need to go unless you're playing the game on dial-up.

You want BioWare to cater to people who get their feelings hurt by being killed. Like I said (which you had no response to), use a medical probe, gain super stealth, go about your business. The only problem here is the one invented in your imagination. There's still time to transfer to a PVE server. Do you write multiple, long, unfunny complaints every time someone kills you on Quesh too? I'd love a straight answer.

If overworld PVP is so alive and kicking on planets other than Yavin 4 right now, why don't you go to the PVP board and make that claim there. You'd be laughed into oblivion for telling a(nother) lie, but at least a lesson would be learned.

Defensive Answer: I cannot change the way my vocabulator works. It is not to be funny. If you don't like it, stop reading.

Query: Regarding the use of the medical probe, don't you think that was already attempted?

Statement: The stealth doesn't last the player long enough to do anything more than get to the shuttle and leave. And that's assuming they can't get into the Revan phase anymore.

Reminder: If med center camping is your thing, there is yet one per faction you can camp. and each base on Yavin IV has only three guards (provided my memory banks are functioning at 100% capacity).

Defensive Answer: I cannot change the way my vocabulator works. It is not to be funny. If you don't like it, stop reading.

Query: Regarding the use of the medical probe, don't you think that was already attempted?

Statement: The stealth doesn't last the player long enough to do anything more than get to the shuttle and leave. And that's assuming they can't get into the Revan phase anymore.

Reminder: If med center camping is your thing, there is yet one per faction you can camp. and each base on Yavin IV has only three guards (provided my memory banks are functioning at 100% capacity).

If talking like you're on 4chan from 10 years ago makes you feel better about not addressing your lies about other players borderline "harassing" you, go for it. It's pretty clear what you did, and the fact that you keep refusing to address the fact that you were caught lying about other players harassing you tells the whole story.

Medical probes more than get the job done. If you get killed by a player, the cooldown on medical probe is 5 seconds. While you're in medical probe stealth, you can use your rocket boost legacy perk to gain 120% extra movement speed. Even when I was on the other side of the ganking and getting killed at the space shuttle, all I did was laugh and enjoyed it. I use my medical probe, and got to Darth Marr without issue.

If talking like you're on 4chan from 10 years ago makes you feel better about not addressing your lies about other players borderline "harassing" you, go for it. It's pretty clear what you did, and the fact that you keep refusing to address the fact that you were caught lying about other players harassing you tells the whole story.

Medical probes more than get the job done. If you get killed by a player, the cooldown on medical probe is 5 seconds. While you're in medical probe stealth, you can use your rocket boost legacy perk to gain 120% extra movement speed. Even when I was on the other side of the ganking and getting killed at the space shuttle, all I did was laugh and enjoyed it. I use my medical probe, and got to Darth Marr without issue.

Amused Statement: Your resort to attacking my posting style furthers that I'm right and you know it.

Amused Observation: You also aren't really even reading my posts.

Unusual Resignation: I:m going to stop replying before you get yourself into trouble, or at the very least derail this topic.

Conclusion: The matter is finished. I'm done. You can reply, but you'll be talking to yourself.

Amused Statement: Your resort to attacking my posting style furthers that I'm right and you know it. Amused Observation: You also aren't really even reading my posts. Unusual Resignation: I:m going to stop replying before you get yourself into trouble, or at the very least derail this topic. Conclusion: The matter is finished. I'm done. You can reply, but you'll be talking to yourself.

Me attacking your refusal to talk about any of these issues like an adult proves what right? Your claim that people who kill you on PVP servers are harassing you? No, I proved that was a lie, actually! Every time I brought up the fact that you were smearing other players by claiming they were harassing you by fighting you on a PVP server, you ignored me and tried to change the subject. No, I definitely read your posts. If you want to run away because you can't respond to any of my arguments anymore, then go do that.

LOL, "battles". If you stand there and kill people while they are looking at a loading screen it's not really a "battle".

No, but we had a nice 24 vs 24 going on Jung Ma for two nights in a row. 24 people in PvP gear vs 24 people in PvP gear sounds more like a battle no?;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.