The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf Sorc/Sage

NightWalker--

While I do enjoy the changes for the sheer fun-factor of it all its far too soon to talk about balance. I can't believe that so many of you disregard the fact that no one have high end gear yet and most comments seem to be from the people not even level 60.

Let me remind you lot that sage/sorcerer have, since the launch of this game, been the strongest "low level" class alongside snipers. Their base damage has been great but their scaling not so much - we shall revisit this discussion but this is not the time.

Edited by AdamLKvist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again game haven't been out for 72 hours and crying already..see if i can break it all down in simpler terms..sorc and sage spec is damn good..here's the crux about 98% of sorcs and sages dont understand the class or how to maximize it fully..now the 2% of sorcs and sages that know how to play thats what giving people hell..

i rather deal with 2% of sorcs and sages knowing what to do with the new discipline spec..see bioware actually done a 91% decent job with class specs..i can't stress this enough but what bioware cant fix is a bad player..if i lose to a sorc or any class i'm not gonna come on forums crying that this class need a nerf..like what this thread and every other nerf thread did in the past..

basically i lost because that person just outplayed me or was a better player overall..thats not a spec mechanic fault issuing for a class to be nerfed..mainly alot of problems with specs are people not knowing how to counter them or just get melted everytime..most people hate to admit that they suck and the problem is them not the class..

i don't have a problem killing the 98% of bad sorcs and sages just the 2% who know how to play is what give trouble and they can be beaten it might take longer..overall people let give things a little more time..people gonna figure out ways to maximize a spec with certain rotations or utilities..

actually i like this new spec set up..i can choose utilities i want for a class..people saying sins suck not sure about madness but deception is brutal right now if you know what utilties to take..let save that for another qq thread..which i'm estimating should be tommorrow..hopefully people will actually look at themselves for losing or sucking at a class..instead of crying for nerfs when it's not needed..

Edited by Xertasian

.here's the crux about 98% of sorcs and sages dont understand the class or how to maximize it fully..now the 2% of sorcs and sages that know how to play thats what giving people hell..

[...]

.i can't stress this enough but what bioware cant fix is a bad player.

But what Bioware isn't able to fix are good players as well. Those who are - as you put it - "give people hell".

I mean - those few who are able to maximize everything are also likely to farm everything. Including own team members. Like - taking away an opponent someone else had been driving into 20 % health, and taking the kill from him. Egomaniacs are able to use others as mere tools helping the own progression. Those who own everything and everyone will not be stoppable - because they own everyone.

Really BAD ones will not stop at farming the opponents - they will farm the own team members at one point, too.

How do you explain the fact that sorcs are consistently at the top of the DPS leaderboard and are easily outdoing other classes in terms of sheer damage output, AND do a SIGNIFICANT amount of healing? Ive seen many sorcs 1000+ DPS and 500+ HPS. And its extremely easy to do that, I shudder at the thought of what highly skilled and experienced sorcs could do with the class...

Its not so much about the damage for me, its about the ridiculous amount of healing they get.

Id be ok with the damage staying as it is if they just reduced the self-heals.

My perspective on this come from spending most of time so far in 3.0 doing PVP as a sorc.

Playing my PT, I dont actually have much trouble dealing with sorcs now (although it could just be that I haven't faced sorcs who were that good), but PTs are another story here.

Edit: I guess we should wait until more people start playing at 60 to see how things settle out, when all players have their level 57 skill and another heroic utility to make a truly fair assessment... But in pre-60, sorcs are crazy powerful.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

again game haven't been out for 72 hours and crying already..see if i can break it all down in simpler terms..sorc and sage spec is damn good..here's the crux about 98% of sorcs and sages dont understand the class or how to maximize it fully..now the 2% of sorcs and sages that know how to play thats what giving people hell..

i rather deal with 2% of sorcs and sages knowing what to do with the new discipline spec..see bioware actually done a 91% decent job with class specs..i can't stress this enough but what bioware cant fix is a bad player..if i lose to a sorc or any class i'm not gonna come on forums crying that this class need a nerf..like what this thread and every other nerf thread did in the past..

basically i lost because that person just outplayed me or was a better player overall..thats not a spec mechanic fault issuing for a class to be nerfed..mainly alot of problems with specs are people not knowing how to counter them or just get melted everytime..most people hate to admit that they suck and the problem is them not the class..

i don't have a problem killing the 98% of bad sorcs and sages just the 2% who know how to play is what give trouble and they can be beaten it might take longer..overall people let give things a little more time..people gonna figure out ways to maximize a spec with certain rotations or utilities..

actually i like this new spec set up..i can choose utilities i want for a class..people saying sins suck not sure about madness but deception is brutal right now if you know what utilties to take..let save that for another qq thread..which i'm estimating should be tommorrow..hopefully people will actually look at themselves for losing or sucking at a class..instead of crying for nerfs when it's not needed..

+1

Totally agree with you here man. Player skill is the most important thing in a WZ. Not level and not gear. Skill! I played a level 40 lightning spec sorc last night and was out-damaging lvl 55's including lvl 55 madness sorcs. The top damage player in the match? A concealment assasin. he had almost 900k dmg.

Thanks for posting what you did. Its a breath of fresh air in amidst the complaints of people that don't know how to play their classes well.

+1

Totally agree with you here man. Player skill is the most important thing in a WZ. Not level and not gear. Skill! I played a level 40 lightning spec sorc last night and was out-damaging lvl 55's including lvl 55 madness sorcs. The top damage player in the match? A concealment assasin. he had almost 900k dmg.

Thanks for posting what you did. Its a breath of fresh air in amidst the complaints of people that don't know how to play their classes well.

Concealment assassins are pretty OP, yeah

to sum up this thread: those who complain, aren't playing a sorc, those who defend are playing madness sorc. As always.

I play all, and madness sorc is very op, as are other classes too, power tech....

All but marauders and probably operatives. Poor marauders...

We told BioWare when we were testing it. We said it over and over, but they didn't listen. Sadness spec was already the best pvp spec in the game and now it's even stronger. This makes pre nerf smash look like a bad spec.

Madness now gets more self heals, bubble stun, knock back root, and ridiculous dot spreading, which has the potential to do far more damage than smash ever did. Every pvper knew rhese changes were too much. How did BioWare not? I'm shelving my warriors until thus mess is cleaned up. Go assassin if you want to go melee.

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the Marauder..Bamm it got nerf

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the Juggernaut..Bamm it got nerf

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the assassins...well that didn't work

And now ppl like you are complaining about the Sorc!..Well, go and sit on your mommy's lap it would help relax

I play sage, I played both dps specs for extensive periods of time and now in 3.0 I can tell you that it requires little effort to put relentless pressure on enemy healers as madness/balance. That damage is a) unavoidable b) spreads like a black plague in dark ages c) kills just like any other type of damage d) requires healing like any other type of damage.

To people who say "but a lot of this damage gets healed". Exactly, healer has to work harder, you have to heal yourself if there is no healer and that requires gcd's. People who are regenerating/healing aren't doing damage.

My point is, this aoe dot spreading thing is brainless and needs to change ASAP.

Edited by Ankhkharu

I'm not going to agree or disagree, but I play heal sorc as main and since the update I've never died once...

The damange reduction in 3.0 is gross. one battle that started at the beginning of wz doesn't end for 15 min if there are enough healers about. It's ridiculous, I standing there and healing for the entire game with barely anyone dying. In one WZ the most death in either side was 3. 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I also thought sage/sorc are too good from the patchnote, but can not confirm or deny for now as I haven't played other classes.

It will become clear soon when ranked WZ ranking comes out.

I play sage, I played both dps specs for extensive periods of time and now in 3.0 I can tell you that it requires little effort to put relentless pressure on enemy healers as madness/balance. That damage is a) unavoidable b) spreads like a black plague in dark ages c) kills just like any other type of damage d) requires healing like any other type of damage.

To people who say "but a lot of this damage gets healed". Exactly, healer has to work harder, you have to heal yourself if there is no healer and that requires gcd's. People who are regenerating/healing aren't doing damage.

My point is, this aoe dot spreading thing is brainless and needs to change ASAP.

Yes unless you are a jugg, than u are allowed to do both :D

Or if you play a madness sorc as you do, then the self heals is just rolling in WHILE doing damage. Seems you forgot that :rolleyes:

No, i play lightning since early access, but nice try :p

And to be honest i know madness(now hatred for sins) is out of control, i know it, and im sorry to see a lot of feotm re roll my first class, i remember when sorcs where the " Im not bringing you" class, good old days :(

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the Marauder..Bamm it got nerf

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the Juggernaut..Bamm it got nerf

Remember when ppl like you use to complain about the assassins...well that didn't work

And now ppl like you are complaining about the Sorc!..Well, go and sit on your mommy's lap it would help relax

Yeah, it's kind of funny to me as sorcs/sages were usually the biggest whiners about at least marauder smash, and then operatives DPS (LOL) and especially right before the KD got removed from shoot first, so now they get to deal with the cries of being OP.

I will stay out of it, but I would have a rooting interest in poetic justice if it weren't for one of my friends playing a sage at times.

Edited by Technohic

I wish people would stop complaining about Sorc and actually focus on the one class that is op, namely Powertech and Vanguard.

^^

Plus, madness's damage is pure pressure now, lighting is soo much more enjoyable and has the potential to actually kill people.

Madness is still going to be the preferred spec for solo super stars, but I do hope that lightning is the go to spec for competitive pvp (same thing with deception for sins).

I wouldn't worry about sorc being OP. It will be nerfed back to it's rightful place as a free kill in no time. Then us crazy people that played madness for years will have a right to call ourselves mad for bringing that to a pvp match as it should be.