Q RE: The Data Posted

Foambreaker

I find it interesting that over 57,000,000 characters have been created, but only 6.8 million of those characters have made it far enough to get a ship...or am I misunderstanding the thing about how big the fleet would be? If I'm not misunderstanding it, then only 11% of all characters ever created have ever finished/passed DK/Coruscant?? :confused:

I says 1mil active players.

The rest of the info are accumulative.

They are just fun facts for hype.

So really the class breakdowns don't mean much, it would be hard for any current trend to move those totals. For Agents to catch up to some of the other classes all of us (million) would have to roll 3 each.

I'm wondering because I think people will refer to those later making assumptions like X is more popular than Y when in fact we just don't know.

So really the class breakdowns don't mean much, it would be hard for any current trend to move those totals. For Agents to catch up to some of the other classes all of us (million) would have to roll 3 each.

I'm wondering because I think people will refer to those later making assumptions like X is more popular than Y when in fact we just don't know.

The data includes all the ones created but never really played, including thousands people rerolled within seconds because they didn't get the appearance quite right.

You need recent hours played per class for what you after. Well even that doesn't filter the players spend 90% of time chating on fleet.

I find it interesting that over 57,000,000 characters have been created, but only 6.8 million of those characters have made it far enough to get a ship...or am I misunderstanding the thing about how big the fleet would be? If I'm not misunderstanding it, then only 11% of all characters ever created have ever finished/passed DK/Coruscant?? :confused:

Interesting point. I wasn't sure of the 6.8m figure was somehow referring to GSF, but I think you are right. Apparently some people just started a bunch of characters and never got around to playing some of them.

If there have been 57m characters created, you could take a guess as to the average number of characters per account and figure out how many players have quit the game. Assuming four characters per account on average (total wild guess) --> (57m/4) - 1m active accounts = over 13m quit. That seems high...so it's probably a higher average number of characters per account. I have created 17 characters. If that were the average, then we'd be looking at over 2m have quit the game. So, the truth is probably somewhere in that range. I think it's fair to say that more people have quit the game than are still playing...:(

Edited by teclado

Their continued inability -- or unwillingness -- to share how many are F2P, Preferred or subscribers after all this time is quite telling.

Telling of? If people are spending money on cartel coins, that makes them quite a bit more valuable than subscription players.

the point is, it makes revenues equal to brand new mmos with big names, that makes it a survival lol. But they have to update the engine and if they are not capable of doing it, hire a studio who can lol

Its not an mmo with 50.000 or 200.000 customers, its more than that.

Edited by Oyranos

Interesting point. I wasn't sure of the 6.8m figure was somehow referring to GSF, but I think you are right. Apparently some people just started a bunch of characters and never got around to playing some of them.

If there have been 57m characters created, you could take a guess as to the average number of characters per account and figure out how many players have quit the game. Assuming four characters per account on average (total wild guess) --> (57m/4) - 1m active accounts = over 13m quit. That seems high...so it's probably a higher average number of characters per account. I have created 17 characters. If that were the average, then we'd be looking at over 2m have quit the game. So, the truth is probably somewhere in that range. I think it's fair to say that more people have quit the game than are still playing...:(

At best I'd consider any number from a calculation like that to be hugely speculative, if not completely useless. The first problem being trying to figure out an average character amount. Also, they only specified characters created, which would likely include all characters which ended up being deleted. I know I've probably made at least 15 characters I've since deleted, most of whom never made it to level 5.

At best I'd consider any number from a calculation like that to be hugely speculative, if not completely useless. The first problem being trying to figure out an average character amount. Also, they only specified characters created, which would likely include all characters which ended up being deleted. I know I've probably made at least 15 characters I've since deleted, most of whom never made it to level 5.

If I recall correctly - at launch a lot of people were logging on to each of the servers in order to try to reserve names as well. I would bet a good number of those characters were never played.

I would say one million active players sounds pretty healthy. That is positive news....though I think it is a bit of drop from last time the total players were mentioned.

Of course it is impossible to know how many of those are subs, preferred, F2P and who is spending what. Would love to know that info.

Edited by LordArtemis

Only 15 that didn't make it to level 5? Most of the chars I've created (i'd guess about 100) never made it to level 2. When you have to make a character to actually see what it looks like, you make a lot of extra characters.

On the plus side, GSH is the best addition to the character creation screen ever.

Edited by eartharioch

Well, there are more then one reason for why this would be.

57m characters created, sure.

Well, I've personally created throw-away characters to lock down names for future use or just to test out different looks, so there's a few chars just there.

Then there's plenty of chars I've made and discarded before getting a ship because I didn't like the playstyle or some other detail.

Then there's chars that I've created and played to a high level, but deleted for all kinds of reasons.

And then there's the maxed chars that I've deleted to make room for new chars.

Not to mention all the people who've just tried the game and decided it wasn't for them.

The total number of characters created is an accumulative stat.

The total number of ships is not an accumulative stat since if you delete a character with a ship, that ship is gone.

So you could read it like this: There have been 57 million characters ever created in total. There are currently 6+ million ships (ie. characters over lvl 15 or at least that far in the storyline). These are spread out on 1 million currently active players and all other non-active players.

There's also the possibility that they only counted active accounts. The wording isn't exactly closed to enterpretation.

Their continued inability -- or unwillingness -- to share how many are F2P, Preferred or subscribers after all this time is quite telling.

I find it interesting that people focus so much on subscribers in an F2P game.

Nobody is demanding to know how many players are premium players in WoT for example.

It's the same principle.

Actually it is the hybrid model and the performance of it that has made subscriptions relevant, only since it seems subs spend the vast majority of cash on the game.

That means, at least for the time being, that in this game the revenue is still coming from subs mostly, and subs are therefore important and relevant.

Actually it is the hybrid model and the performance of it that has made subscriptions relevant, only since it seems subs spend the vast majority of cash on the game.

That means, at least for the time being, that in this game the revenue is still coming from subs mostly, and subs are therefore important and relevant.

You are obviously wrong, Lord. ;)

From where I'm standing, it is fairly obvious that the same people who are too cheap to pay for a sub are the ones dropping the dough on the CM. Dozens, hundreds of dollars -- if not thousands.

Again, this should be common knowledge. Logic really.