Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

Where do I sign? If Bioware does not implement this, the community is doomed !!

Clearly!

OH! and make it so if you don't have a player on your ship at all times, it gets stolen so you can never travel to another planet again.

You know, socially.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in the fleet station spamming /1..... or sitting in the fleet station in a queue.

same thing. If it groups players from your own server what stops you from socializing and adding them to friends lists???

dead time is no fun... aka standing in the fleet for an hour spamming /1.

And another thing, a LFG tool does not force you to use it.

no but i'm giving a personal perspective on this.

you think i don't know i won't be missed? really not the problem here.

your asking for a feature that brought out the worst in people in wow and you want to add that to this game? i think your all insane, even when i consider the positives.

i didnt see lfg bring out anything in wow other then more grps where formed, also called ppl insane/stupid or lazy isnt the way to convice me that your view is the right one.

Ah good point. I forgot this one.

In addition to monthly fees and having the minimal configuration, you will be required to be in a guild or have at least 100 friends on your list. Beware that if one of your friend has not logged out for 3 days, you'll need to replace him with another one right away, otherwise you'll be denied all the content Star Wars the Old Republic Tm has to offer :)

You have not missed that the LFD is anti social right? It does not allow you to interact with other teammates once the group is formed. You can't even add them on your friend list if the LFD is intra-server... Oh wait.

i don't deny the positives.....never have i've had no reason to even mention them.

just because you pointed out something doesn't mean i didn't know it could be done or doesn't mean it doesn't on the really rare occasion work.

hell my guilds main tank was found in lfd.

so it's not like i don't understand the potential positives.

what your all conveniently forgeting and don't want to accept is the utterly horrible side of the lfd feature.

i'm happy to accept the positive nature that can be gained from the feature, now explain why so many of you refuse outright to accept the negatives? go on...

i didnt see lfg bring out anything in wow other then more grps where formed, also called ppl insane/stupid or lazy isnt the way to convice me that your view is the right one.

then you had one very strange gaming experience in wow or you didn't use lfd frankly.

only once did i ever get annoyed in lfd, the rest of the time i usually either kept quiet or had a good laugh watching others belittle each other or insult one another.

that was a daily thing to see and was getting to be normal which it is not.

i don't deny the positives.....never have i've had no reason to even mention them.

just because you pointed out something doesn't mean i didn't know it could be done or doesn't mean it doesn't on the really rare occasion work.

what your all conveniently forgeting and don't want to accept is the utterly horrible side of the lfd feature.

i'm happy to accept the positive nature that can be gained from the feature, now explain why so many of you refuse outright to accept the negatives? go on...

What negative apsects are you talking about?

Apart from the decrease of accountability feeling that I can admit, I see none. The LFD is equivalent to the channel spam. it's just the recruitment phase. The channel spam, just because it is not automated does not mean it is more social.

Conversely just because the recruitment is automated, does not mean that it encourages bad behaviours. If you want the group to have a successful run, a similar behaviour is required.

So again, explain to us the detrimental aspect of a LFD.

then you had one very strange gaming experience in wow or you didn't use lfd frankly.

only once did i ever get annoyed in lfd, the rest of the time i usually either kept quiet or had a good laugh watching others belittle each other or insult one another.

might be that my gaming experience is weird i dont know since i got nothing to judge it agianst. I do know those negative effect you talk about will happen without a lfg tool to. Add in that they dont happen any more or less with a lfg tool, but hell that i just my personally view on the matter.

PS might just be that im a nice and helpful person that take ppl as are, not as i think they should be.

Edited by wezzan

I used LFD all day, every day that i played after it was implemented. I had one horrible groups that are worth mentioning.

both happened late into WOTLK, once the ICC heroics became faceroll, stupid easy, ect. I was in a group, as a tank, alone. there were four other members all from the same guild. Basicaly, they were elitist *****s and kicked me before the final boss for no reason.

thats about it. Most groups are either quiet, quick, and get it done. Or they're slow, but social.

As i've said early in this thread. In wow, due to how bad my server was, i was MORE social because of the LFD toon.

Well, we can already see the so-called negatives with the PvP queue.

I queue for warfronts a lot. It's my main source of XP in this game.

You get bad teams. You get bad players. You also get rude, mean, nasty people who insultt others as if playing video games is their job - these are the worst, in my opinion.

It's all to be expected when you're playing with thousands of other random people. You deal with it. I can deal with it happily knowing I can get in a warfront, easily, conveniently, without having to spend an hour of my time travelling to planets to recruit random people in general chat.

I've run plenty of instances. No one asks for your MMO resume when they're recruiting from general chat. No one gives interviews to determine if the person's personality will be compatible with the group.

They whisper "invite?", and they get an invite -- because people just want to see their party of four ready to go and get in the instance. What REALLY makes an instance-finder so much less social?

The socializing happens AFTER the group is formed - an instance-finder just makes the process easier and simpler. To use "socializing" as a reason to not having an instance-finder is an obvious excuse by Stephen Reid, one which some select fans have happily provided for him.

The Legacy System, some of the Flashpoints (Colicoid War Games) -- this game, while I do love it and find it impressive, was very much released as a work-in-progress. They needed to release it this year, and did so knowing they'd have to add things in later.

Notice Stephen left himself an out? Notice how he said it "might" change in the future, and that we "might" get an instance-finder "if" the game needs it? Bet on it happening.

Edited by Leporello

Well, we can already see the so-called negatives with the PvP queue.

I queue for warfronts a lot. It's my main source of XP in this game.

You get bad teams. You get bad players. You also get rude, mean, nasty people who insultt others as if playing video games is their job - these are the worst, in my opinion.

It's all to be expected when you're playing with thousands of other random people. You deal with it. I can deal with it happily knowing I can get in a warfront, easily, conveniently, without having to spend an hour of my time travelling to planets to recruit random people in general chat.

I've run plenty of instances. No one asks for your MMO resume when they're recruiting from general chat. No one gives interviews to determine if the person's personality will be compatible with the group.

They whisper "invite?", and they get an invite -- because people just want to see their party of four ready to go and get in the instance. What REALLY makes an instance-finder so much less social?

one must remember, pvp also brings out the worst in people.

As i've said early in this thread. In wow, due to how bad my server was, i was MORE social because of the LFD toon.

Anyway you don't have to justify that. Last time I checked, in a MMORPG, the social aspect should never have to take precedence over gameplay. Don't let you be converted by the ones who want to add it as mandatory requirement to play that game.

While I prefer to have good interactions with other players, I am not paying 15$ per month to play big chat game, in which combat comes as secondary.

Anyway you don't have to justify that. Last time I checked, in a MMORPG, the social aspect should never have to take precedence over gameplay. Don't let you be converted by the ones who want to add it as mandatory requirement to play that game.

While I prefer to have good interactions with other players, I am not paying 15$ per month to play big chat game, in which combat comes as secondary.

I'm not trying to justify it, i'm just saying. for those saying it "ruins the social aspect", in some servers it actually HELPS people be MORE social.

I used LFD all day, every day that i played after it was implemented. I had one horrible groups that are worth mentioning.

both happened late into WOTLK, once the ICC heroics became faceroll, stupid easy, ect. I was in a group, as a tank, alone. there were four other members all from the same guild. Basicaly, they were elitist *****s and kicked me before the final boss for no reason.

thats about it. Most groups are either quiet, quick, and get it done. Or they're slow, but social.

The LFD tool took me outta my solo mode. I got bored standing around the main hubs finding groups. I got a good guild that I enjoyed being with. They ended up being people like myself. Wife, Kids etc etc. So we did not have the same play times all the time. We did what we could when we could though and that was enjoyable. I ended up soloing a lot of WoW before LFD. Once that was implemented It worked out extremely well for me. I could log on and run around do my solo thing while waiting for queued up for a instance. Some groups where bad, some where really good. Some where really fast, some took there time. It never was so bad that it ruined my outlook on the game that it made me never to not want to see something similar to it in any other game I found interest in.

At least for the foreseeable future anyway, which is just fine by me. Read and weep:

Stephen Reid:

We're aware of this desire, but we actually believe that finding others on the same planet as you encourages social interaction a bit more than a general 'group finder'. We're not saying it'll never, ever happen but again, not high priority right now.

Kudos to Bioware for not giving in. I won't be so crass as to tell players who want this to go back to WoW, but I will point out that you now have a clear choice.

They will change their tune real quick when the subs start drying up with a quickness. I'm already gonna take a 6 month break once my month ends to wait out some more patches and hopefully some kind of viable way to find groups.

They will change their tune real quick when the subs start drying up with a quickness. I'm already gonna take a 6 month break once my month ends to wait out some more patches and hopefully some kind of viable way to find groups.

Yea. I canceled also. Once they get a decent LFG tool implemented I will return.

Other than that great game.

Yea. I canceled also. Once they get a decent LFG tool implemented I will return.

Other than that great game.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out. I know at least 50 players willing to take your place if they dont implement a LFD tool. Some of the same people who quit rift the day it came out.

No they will not. There are many people sitting waiting for a little bit to make sure one is not brought in. I know a guild of about 50 people right now from WoW that if a LFD tool is not implemented they will come here. Its simple, Its wrong for MMOs.

No they will not. There are many people sitting waiting for a little bit to make sure one is not brought in. I know a guild of about 50 people right now from WoW that if a LFD tool is not implemented they will come here. Its simple, Its wrong for MMOs.

It is wrong from your point of view i really really wish you would stop posting your view points as facts.

So. let me get this straight..

they're staying in a game that has LFD. saying that if a game doesn't implement LFD, they'll come?

lololololwhut?

And I know guild of 50 people that would leave if a LFD tool isn't added. It works both ways

For all you LFD people. Enough is Enough. BW has already said that SWTOR will be for a niche group of people, they do not care to take on WoW even though they might in time. The best way to make an MMO these days is to get a niche group of players, know what they want get people who play MMOs not FPS games, or Single Player games. Build a base from them, keep these loyal players happy. As time goes by the game will become more an more involved and friends from loyal members will hear about it, and in time come over here.

The LFD tool Killed WoW for many people. You can say all you want that WoW has 11 million subs. Many of toughs right now are in China. Its American base is starting to fade, that is why they went to Pandas and no villains. To please the Chinese, and the very casual players of WoW. When I mean very casual, guilds were on Deathwing normal mode the first night it was out. Its become a Laughing stock for content and game content. Its meant for you people who want to just click and easy button and get what you want with no effort involved. You dont think so? Think about it, several raiding guilds (Not even Hardcore raiding guilds) Were on the final boss of the expansion the DAY it came out. Dont think that is too easy? What do you think EASY mode is like with that LFR tool?

No We do not need or want your EASY MODE Game. Complain all you want. Go back to WoW if thats what you want. do not let the door hit you on the way out. When things here are smooth and successful in 3 to 6 months you will continue to see subscriptions increase.

For all you LFD people. Enough is Enough. BW has already said that SWTOR will be for a niche group of people, they do not care to take on WoW even though they might in time.

Don't be naive. SWTOR is here to make money; their decisions will be based on what they believe will make them the most money. If LFD improvements mean maintaining more subs, the game will get LFD. The game is run by Electronic Arts, who are one of the most money hungry game developers there is.

For all you LFD people. Enough is Enough. BW has already said that SWTOR will be for a niche group of people, they do not care to take on WoW even though they might in time. The best way to make an MMO these days is to get a niche group of players, know what they want get people who play MMOs not FPS games, or Single Player games. Build a base from them, keep these loyal players happy. As time goes by the game will become more an more involved and friends from loyal members will hear about it, and in time come over here.

The LFD tool Killed WoW for many people. You can say all you want that WoW has 11 million subs. Many of toughs right now are in China. Its American base is starting to fade, that is why they went to Pandas and no villains. To please the Chinese, and the very casual players of WoW. When I mean very casual, guilds were on Deathwing normal mode the first night it was out. Its become a Laughing stock for content and game content. Its meant for you people who want to just click and easy button and get what you want with no effort involved. You dont think so? Think about it, several raiding guilds (Not even Hardcore raiding guilds) Were on the final boss of the expansion the DAY it came out. Dont think that is too easy? What do you think EASY mode is like with that LFR tool?

No We do not need or want your EASY MODE Game. Complain all you want. Go back to WoW if thats what you want. do not let the door hit you on the way out. When things here are smooth and successful in 3 to 6 months you will continue to see subscriptions increase.

so because you cant convice us that your point of view is the right one enough is enough??? and again you are making the assumption that you are part of the niche grp they are going for=D and btw could you give me a link to where they stated that?

PS i will now stat that lfg saved wow for many ppl, notice i dont have any facts to back this up with but because i said it clearly it must be right!!

Edited by wezzan

And I know guild of 50 people that would leave if a LFD tool isn't added. It works both ways

I know several people on my server in different guilds that I have talked with will leave the day its implemented. Way more then your people that want one. A full 200+ people including myself cancelled our subscriptions the day a LFD tool came out in Rift. Within a Month our server was used for the Noob server because everyone people did not want it. You guys think I am bull******** but look at what happened to Corthina in Rift.

Keep it up, BW has spoke. No LFD tool. Keep Posting how bad you want it. Cancel your accounts. Do what ever you want. LFD does not belong in a MMO. You can keep pointing at WoW but really you are pointing at a game which Raiding guilds are taking on Deathwing the day the last boss the the expansion came out. Thats Laughable at best.