Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Shadow + Assassin

TaitWatson

The skill that gives me a boost to crit based if I get a crit during a force attack, I never bought when we had trees, why you ask?

I did not bother with this useless skill, because the great majority of an assassin's attacks are melee, so the odds to get a crit with a set of attacks that are hardly used is incredibly poor, and now in disciplines I am forced to take this useless skill, go figure...

You are extremely bad Sin then, enjoy this knowledge now.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are extremely bad Sin then, enjoy this knowledge now.

True of Deception, not of Madness. I'm curious if anyone has looked at this close enough to tell whether they think we can expect a net increase in dps for Deception. Again, the issue with Deception is that it was less than viable in long PvE raid boss fights. Yet we see crit is going to take a hit. Am I missing something?

Edited by LordHartigan

I watched the stream live last night, went over the disciplines calculator at dulfy and got confused about the usage of Vanquish & Mind Crush for Serenity shadows.

Both abilities are identical except the fact that vanquish places a debuff on the target. Whats the point of adding vanquish to serenity if it cant he used along with mind crush?

I mean serenity strike is different than double strike since it has a 12 sec cd and can be used once every 8 GCDs. But vanquish and mind crush share a cooldown.....

Fellow shadows, devs can you answer me please?

I watched the stream live last night, went over the disciplines calculator at dulfy and got confused about the usage of Vanquish & Mind Crush for Serenity shadows.

Both abilities are identical except the fact that vanquish places a debuff on the target. Whats the point of adding vanquish to serenity if it cant he used along with mind crush?

I mean serenity strike is different than double strike since it has a 12 sec cd and can be used once every 8 GCDs. But vanquish and mind crush share a cooldown.....

Vanquish is meant to totally replace Mind Crush. You shouldn't use Mind Crush at all once you get Vanquish.

At first, the devs wanted to make Vanquish a passive that would change the animation of Mind Crush (they explained it in the BH/Trooper stream) but couldn't make it works, so they instead gave you a new ability that does everything Mind Crush does and then some.

Might wanna try paying attention to the stream as well. They've said a bunch of times (in this stream and the others) that new abilities that share a CD with another ability is meant to replace it.

First of all thank you for your replies... so serenity got 1 new ability; serenity strike ONLY....

@MagikFingerz : I watched the stream closely BUT 99% of it was for the sorcerer & the assassin...how ignorant must I be not to know the names of the equivalent powers on the imp side... My allegiance is with the republic and seeing the stream, hearing only the imp abilities didnt help me that much..:D

Edited by Ziddal_the_green

First of all thank you for your replies... so serenity got 1 new ability; serenity strike ONLY....

@MagikFingerz : I watched the stream closely BUT 99% of it was for the sorcerer & the assassin...how ignorant must I be not to know the names of the equivalent powers on the imp side... My allegiance is with the republic and seeing the stream, hearing only the imp abilities didnt help me that much..:D

I'll agree that they should devote more time to go through things on the "other" side of what they go through first (it does seem like they expect everyone to know all the mirror names), but you must have skipped quite a bit not to pick up this particular piece of information. It was mentioned several times in all the recent streams (they originally intended for the new one to automatically replace the old ability, but they couldn't get the technology for that so we have to do it "manually").

Edited by MagikFingerz

Looks like I'm no going to play my sin anymore. Utilities are garbage. Why would I want to knock someone way to have the immobilized? Why does a stance count as an active ability? Why isn't Dark embrace and Darkwell utilities instead of all the garbage in there. Most of the deception tree is better utilities that what you giving us utilities. Looks more like you rushed sin utilities and copied the sorc. There is enough retarded player spamming knockbacks in PvE and you just gave them move reason to run in and spam knockback all the mobs all over the place.

so serenity got 1 new ability; serenity strike ONLY....

If we use that logic:

Kinetic Combat: 0

Infiltration: 0

Serenity: 1

:)

Why isn't Dark embrace and Darkwell utilities instead of all the garbage in there.

Darkness doesn't have any resource issues. In fact we have insanely high Force regen.

Force Cloak isn't recommended ability outside of few emergency situations in Darkness.

Hatred doesn't have any resource issues. (Madness at least doesn't have and abilities aren't going to cost more)

Hatred... why would you use Force Cloak/Blackout in combat anyway.

Force Cloak/Blackout are key parts of your Force regen in Deception.

Edited by Halinalle

Looks like I'm no going to play my sin anymore. Utilities are garbage. Why would I want to knock someone way to have the immobilized? Why does a stance count as an active ability? Why isn't Dark embrace and Darkwell utilities instead of all the garbage in there. Most of the deception tree is better utilities that what you giving us utilities. Looks more like you rushed sin utilities and copied the sorc. There is enough retarded player spamming knockbacks in PvE and you just gave them move reason to run in and spam knockback all the mobs all over the place.

because these two abilities are absolutely necessary for Deception and if they were in utilities the devs would have to calculate their additional force regeneration into all trees Force consumption which would result in the same 6sec of nearly unlimited resources and for the rest of the time resource starvation.

I like the utilities so far the only thing i'm missing are utilities that allow channeling while moving for melees, that crappy idea the devs have that melees should root themselves regularly or loose the competition against range dps (who can spread much wider then melee can so they only have their own AOE to worry about).

Guess what? Shadow dps were spared that brainstorm. let's see what their operations designers can concoct to screw Shadows but so far the changes didn't meet my expectations (considering what they did in 2.0)

I'll agree that they should devote more time to go through things on the "other" side of what they go through first (it does seem like they expect everyone to know all the mirror names), but you must have skipped quite a bit not to pick up this particular piece of information. It was mentioned several times in all the recent streams (they originally intended for the new one to automatically replace the old ability, but they couldn't get the technology for that so we have to do it "manually").

you are right mate, as I am a shadow I watched only shadow's stream :D

I forgot how under powered sins are in pvp and how that they needed a buff with them being the strongest 1v1 class by far in the game. IMHO bioware really didn't think about this change and from the looks of it the operative counter part is getting nerfed which makes me think they game is becoming even worse in terms of class balance however a nerf is needed to both stealth classes. Still puzzled as to why they needed to have 12 seconds on stun immunity and 15 combined with force shroud . I think it would be more fair to have a 50% chance to dodge stuns etc. Also what is with

Leeching Strike: Saps the life away from an enemy, dealing weapon damage to the target and healing you for 50% of the damage dealt. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber or electrostaff.

lots of self heals on a OP class why?

I forgot how under powered sins are in pvp and how that they needed a buff with them being the strongest 1v1 class by far in the game. IMHO bioware really didn't think about this change and from the looks of it the operative counter part is getting nerfed which makes me think they game is becoming even worse in terms of class balance however a nerf is needed to both stealth classes. Still puzzled as to why they needed to have 12 seconds on stun immunity and 15 combined with force shroud . I think it would be more fair to have a 50% chance to dodge stuns etc. Also what is with

Leeching Strike: Saps the life away from an enemy, dealing weapon damage to the target and healing you for 50% of the damage dealt. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber or electrostaff.

lots of self heals on a OP class why?

Because Madness isn't OP? it is on Sorcs, but they have the luxury of doing all of that damage from 30m under bubble while wearing the same armor that the squishy melee spec is wearing. All of you people calling Madness sins overpowered need to actually play one first. It's not nearly as awesome as you think it is.

Edited by Vember

Because Madness isn't OP? it is on Sorcs, but they have the luxury of doing all of that damage from 30m under bubble while wearing the same armor that the squishy melee spec is wearing. All of you people calling Madness sins overpowered need to actually play one first. It's not nearly as awesome as you think it is.

Thanks i needed that, haven't had such a good laugh in ages.

I'm glad I could help :) I main a madness sin, was Darkness until 2.0 killed that spec in pvp, so I've been playing Madness almost exclusively since December of last year, with the occasional dabbling in every other class spec here and there. Madness has no burst compared to other classes, and although the survivability is higher than it used to be, your'e still a tissue paper class. Our wonderful stealth escape that everyone likes to cry about breaks almost instantly as soon as you pop it as Madness, even with blackout, so that is a welcome change. i'd recommend anyone thinking the spec is OP to try it out for themselves in pvp at 55.

All of you people calling Madness sins overpowered need to actually play one first. It's not nearly as awesome as you think it is.

lawl

Madness sin/shadows are overpowered and will be more so in 3.0. Been playing a Shadow since launch. The class has never been more ezmode than it is now. Can't wait to bring him back for Season Four.

I was crying tears of joy...haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No more healing for Force Lightning on 3 stacks of 'whatever it was'!!! WHY!!! It was an awesome way to get some health back!! Stupid change devs!!

Welcome back to the game! You must have been gone for a while, as Assassin tank self-healing was removed fifteen months ago in Patch 2.5 in November 2013.

Edited by Levram