Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Commando + Mercenary

TaitWatson

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progressive Scan: Heals a friendly target over the channel duration, and heals one new friendly target within 20 meters with each tick, healing up to four total targets with the final tick. 28 heat is generated over the duration of the channel.

What is the cooldown on this new ability? Looks pretty sweet. I also like how you can potentially go mobile with it.

Why are you REMOVING 3% accuracy from Target Lock ?

Currently you get 3% Accuracy for commandos, which is very good for dps.

:mad:

Pretty sure BW is removing the majority of primary and secondary stat bonuses from the Skill Trees in Disciplines for all ACs.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Why are you REMOVING 3% accuracy from Target Lock ?

Currently you get 3% Accuracy for commandos, which is very good for dps.

:mad:

Because they're removing 3% accuracy from everyone and everything. Recent talks even include Atayru form among the list of things losing the accuracy bonus in exchange for something else.

In case y'all were wondering - we will be putting up the Powertech and Vanguard blogs tomorrow morning! :jawa_biggrin:

powertechs are perfect the way they are now... u shouldnt mess with things they worked ... :mad:

I love the way my powertech fights... Now those (I) who love a combat style of a toon, with the new system, we may abandon our characters.

for example I never used to shadows and assasins, but I loved sorc and powertech and that is what I geared highly.. Now this may change and its bad.

Edited by Oyranos

powertechs are perfect the way they are now... u shouldnt mess with things they worked ... :mad:

I love the way my powertech fights... Now those (I) who love a combat style of a toon, with the new system, we may abandon our characters.

for example I never used to shadows and assasins, but I loved sorc and powertech and that is what I geared highly.. Now this may change and its bad.

Actually, the way powertechs were created resulted in an impossible-to-balance situation.

The DoT heavy spec is also the Burst spec. But if we were to increase sustained in the other spec, it would become the superior burst + Sustained spec, but ALSO the AoE spec!

Thats why it was good back in 2.0-2.5, when there was the DoT heavy hybrid spec that wasn't bursty, but did a decent amount of sustained. Back then, both full Pyro and Full AP were Burst specs, while the hybrid was the sustained spec. Of course, back then full AP was a better sustained spec than full pyro (till 2.4 at least) so full pyro was the red-headed stepchild who only spent 28 points anyway with the rest of them grabbing low hanging fruit.

Either way, wait till tomorrow, all will be redeemed.

So in other words...you have completely neglected the fact that Commando's have absolutely no way to combat heavy burst damage in ranked via some sort of O crap button. I will no longer play my commando.... and that is very sad, since my commando has always been my main.

So in other words... QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

FTFY

Anyway, they haven't revealed the talents and utilities yet - only the new abilities. And so what if you dont have an anti-burst cooldown. Electro net is an anti-anti-burst cooldown - put it on someone, they can't use any form of escape to prevent instant death, force barrier included.

Why is there mention of passives "reducing pushback?" I thought the earlier streams about the general combat changes said that pushback was going away and would not affect any cast time abilities any more.

Same question... :confused:

Bacta Infusion

Instant

Cooldown: 21s

vs 2 fast heals? :( Is Healing Scan still available for all disciplines? :confused:

Edited by Glower

wow way to ruin the fun of a commando so much for my beam of death....glad i went thru with unsubing.

way to copy Warcraft though.

Disc Tree=WoW Talents

Lower Dmg at 55-59=Same thing they did cause their worried about numbers.

Cuting/prunning skills=exactly what wow did

lets just admit your going copy wow now because your so worried about subs & last i looked this game does not have 1million subs.

if i wanna play warcraft....i could just go play that and tbh they are more stable..stop doing updates and fix your bugs and servers first

i have ecountered over 100+ bugs/glitches this past month.

i have found numerious exploits .

servers have constant instability to a point you have 4-5 servers crashing every weekend or exp 100k+ MS lag for nearly everyone every dam week .

fix your **** before you release....this games riddled with bugs oh yeah how about you fix the leak with your cartel coins shop because people have found a way to use a backdoor and fund theirself millions of cc and spam gtn with over 500 hypercrates at once on every server. and since you guys once admited to the cartel-coins being hacked into...im guessing it truely was never fixed...lol

In case y'all were wondering - we will be putting up the Powertech and Vanguard blogs tomorrow morning! :jawa_biggrin:

looking forward to this as it'll be our first look at a melee class as of 3.0 I'm a touch concerned with what we've been seeing thus far that melee is going to have a harder time of it in 3.0

Why is there mention of passives "reducing pushback?" I thought the earlier streams about the general combat changes said that pushback was going away and would not affect any cast time abilities any more.

Agreement: This is my query as well. It was explicitly stated that pushback will no longer be in the game.

Query: If that's the case then why does it say "Special Munitions: Reduces the pushback suffered while activating..."?

Agreement: This is my query as well. It was explicitly stated that pushback will no longer be in the game.

Query: If that's the case then why does it say "Special Munitions: Reduces the pushback suffered while activating..."?

Pushback Immunity is channeled abilities only - full auto, TK Throw, Series of Shots, ect...

Power Shots, Tracer Missile, ect... are casted, not channeled

Didn't even have to go past the first page. Now can people PLEASE read all the posts before making comments like this? I dont want to have to explain it 10 thousand times to everyone.

Would love to see the changes to Agent and Smuggler class. More Sniper and Operative work.

Ton of stuff leaked through data mining that at least gives an idea but word trough official channels would be nice. It's impossible to tell by numbers and power descriptions though if changes actually improve anything especially in pvp.

It continued to amaze me that Bioware can stare at the 2-3 class specs absolutely dominating pvp for years now (with slight shifts in fotm) and continue to nerf classes that are performing the worst (i.e. Concealment Operative).

I have this crazy dream that 3.0 drastically shifts the balance of power between many classes but I won't keep my hopes up for it. Bioware continues to prove that if a class spec isn't popular they simply ignore it instead of trying to fix it.

I'm really excited for this, but I'm also extremely disappointed that there can't be any "Hybrids" in SWTOR. I loved filling up half of the healing and middle trees for a balanced game. Even having two limited heals on my DPS made it a lifesaver in some combat scenarios. I hope there will be at least 1-2 abilities that Mercenaries will have access to, regardless of their selected Discipline. If not, it would personally take the fun away.

Didn't even have to go past the first page. Now can people PLEASE read all the posts before making comments like this? I dont want to have to explain it 10 thousand times to everyone.

Defensive Statement: So I missed that reply and misunderstood what was said in the stream. Though, they did say any abilities with a time on it.

Query: Must you be so rude about it?

Suggestion: If you don't want to explain it so much, then don't. Nobody said you had to.

Defensive Statement: So I missed that reply and misunderstood what was said in the stream. Though, they did say any abilities with a time on it.

Query: Must you be so rude about it?

Suggestion: If you don't want to explain it so much, then don't. Nobody said you had to.

Sorry, just its about the 6th time I've had to explain this to someone.

You're still my favourite assassin droid HK