The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please just end this Socorro madness

EvenHardNiner

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I very rarely agree with the OP, this is one instance where I do.

Don't care for the weapons myself, but I've long since learned that alot of people like stuff that I don't (justin bieber anyone?).

However, today I checked the GTN on The Progenitor, and people were trying to sell these things for as low as 1 cr.

The whole first page (just searching for "socorro") was filled with items for sale for less than 10 credits.

I pretty much gave up on selling mine then.

I'll probably just delete them.

On the bright side though, the odds are that BW already know this and won't be implementing this style in the next pack.

There's usually a completely new weapon design in each shipment and this was the last pack of this shipment.

The Cybernetic Armor is the far greater joke to me. Those continued abominations must stop.

Yeah, but the problem there is that they actually DID sell in the first packs.

So BW probably saw it as an opportunity to make some cheap filler that'll sell.

But since only the first one (the one with almost no human parts IIRC) sold alot and the rest almost can't be given away, I fear they miscalculated there.

The particularly annoying thing about these pieces of crap is that they actually designed two entirely new sets of weapons for this series of packs - one really cool set (Stronghold Defender), and one really, really awful set (Socorro). Naturally, the cool set was stuck on the Cartel Reputation vendor, while the awful set was shoved in the packs. Now, another cool set of Czerka weapons has appeared in Collections, and will eventually be sold directly from the Cartel Market. Not to mention, the Interstellar Regulator weapons from the GSF-themed packs were actually pretty good as well. How the same team that designed the Interstellar Regulator, Stronghold Defender, and upcoming Czerka CZX weapons thought the Socorro weapons were acceptable is truly baffling.

So we know they are capable of better, which means they were simply lazy when it came to the weapons destined for the cartel packs. And this seems to highlight a trend in the recent cartel shipments - the filler has been getting worse and worse. In the older packs, while there was definitely some ugly items, on the whole, even the "filler" items were decent, and then there were a few highly desirable items. In the more recent packs, the "filler" has turned to crap, and all that's left is a handful of highly desirable, but super rare items that people actually want.

The proof is in the pudding...

I couldn't GIVE my socorro items away. They just don't fit in the game as a whole.

I understand why they are in the packs. I just want to see them out of the next set (and I assume they will be).

I'd kinda like the Antique Socorro weapons if they weren't so big. The style actually looks pretty nice, but IMHO it would lend itself better to sleek, compact weapons. The color this pack has though . . . um, yeah. Very niche, I'll just say. They remind me of a bog on Hutta. xD

Overall I think the Antique Socorro styles are nice to have for variety (and I'm sure they're perfect for some people's characters), but for something that isn't very popular, there are way too many of them. :eek:

The proof is in the pudding...

I couldn't GIVE my socorro items away. They just don't fit in the game as a whole.

I understand why they are in the packs. I just want to see them out of the next set (and I assume they will be).

On that, at least, you don't have to worry. Each shipment of packs comes with its own line of weapons, so the next shipment will get new models. The first pack starts with an original set of base models, the 2nd pack gets reskins, then the 3rd pack has a modified version of the originals (usually extra bits added on), then the 4th pack gets the modified models but with the skins from the 2nd pack, and possibly extra lights/laser sights/etc. Then a new shipment of packs starts the process over again.

So the new shipment of packs coming in 3.0 will have new models, the question is just if they will be any good.

What presumption.

Ok, -you- don't like them. That doesn't mean -everyone- agrees with you.

The fact that these weapons are on the gtn for a few hundred credits...yes I said a few HUNDRED credits means he does have a point.

Sure there will be some people who might like these but clearly if they were more popular they wouldn't be priced so low on the gtn.

Personally, just like the cybernetic armours, as soon as I get one from a pack I instantly delete it from my inventory. It's completely worthless economically and apparently a lot of people find it useless visually. The two kinda go hand in hand.

I like them for one reason... Orange weapons for my companions that cost next to nothing... Not ten grand or even five grand... I picked one up for six credits the other day!

I think someone would have to pay me more than 6 credits to use one. :)

I currently use the lightsabers on 2 of my characters just because I liked the sounds, but the hilt model is rather simple and kinda boring. But oh well, they've done better or more detailed modeling before.

Really not something to get upset about and start making ridiculous threads about. :rolleyes:

The Cybernetic Armor is the far greater joke to me. Those continued abominations must stop.

This, I can tolerate the weapons, but that stuff has been going on far longer and is way out of hand.

Allow us to trade this garbage in for jawa scrap, please.