Please just end this Socorro madness

EvenHardNiner

http://dulfy.net/2014/10/22/swtor-architects-stronghold-pack-preview/#Weapons

No one in their right mind would buy these abominations. I have not seen one person use a single one of these ugly weapons. Stop using them as filler material and design something nice please. These weapons go for 100 credits on the GTN because no one in the entire game thinks they look good.

250cc? No wonder the price has gone down.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in their right mind would buy these abominations. I have not seen one person use a single one of these ugly weapons. Stop using them as filler material and design something nice please. These weapons go for 100 credits on the GTN because no one in the entire game thinks they look good.

What presumption.

Ok, -you- don't like them. That doesn't mean -everyone- agrees with you.

What presumption.

It's a fair assumption though.

They go on the GTN for between 50 to a couple of hundred credits.

I do a lot of PvP as well as running around levelling and have yet to see a single person using antique socorro weapons.

There are hordes of them on the GTN that don't seem to be selling.

What presumption.

I think the GTN speaks loudly here. It's the best barometer of what is popular and what isn't. Lately the GTN is flooded with Socorro weapons and Cybernetic armour. When things are listed at 50 or 100 credits and still don't sell, I think it's fair to say the majority of players don't like them.

The problem seems to be that the contents of packs are mapped out several months in advance. They go with a theme for a Shipment and then revise / reskin it over the next 3 or 4 packs. So if they design a range of stuff so fugly that no-one wants it, you know it's going to be flooding the GTN for months to come.

Because it's a grab bag system, rather than direct sales, it allows them to fill up the grab bags with junk no-one much wants as they hunt for the stuff they do want. If the contents of these packs were sold directly via the CM they'd realize that some designs just don't sell and would need to try harder.

I can't speak for everyone in the game, but I don't like them either.

I would rather equip cardboard tubes than the Socorro weapons.

On the other hand, in any given MMO, there are lots and lots of things. Not everything in the game has to match my personal aesthetic preferences. These simply become items I don't use.

On the other-other hand, I'm not fond of having items I would never use be part of package deals costing CC's.

Definitely makes the package less appealing.

I also do not presume to speak for anyone else but yeah... I think they are pretty terrible IMHO. I get that this is thousands of years before ANH but there is very little in the game that looks Star Warsy to me. I am disappointed in the gear in general.

I use the pistols on my merc.

Pretty amazing you would think the whole world likes and dislikes the same art as you.

I use the pistols on my merc.

Pretty amazing you would think the whole world likes and dislikes the same art as you.

As a few of us have already said, the GTN speaks volumes on this one.

It's flooded with socorro and cyborg armour that people are struggling to give away. They are listed from 50 credits onwards and they don;t seem to be selling.

You can come here and say you sell them by the hundreds and all your guild and everyone you know uses them but i'm as likely to believe that as I would someone telling me clouds float over singing The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population.

Ordinarily I would agree with a condemnation of the use of "everyone agrees with me" as a position, even when used in hyperbole. But in this case I have to agree with the op - I would just add one qualification: "everyone <with any taste whatsoever> hates this weapon set" in its entirety.

As others have said, each Shipment has its own weapon series, and yesterday's is the last pack for this Shipment.

I used one of the pistols for my Merc - but yeah, on the whole I think they're pretty ugly (especially compared to the Interstellar Regulator series of weapons from the Starfighter packs).

I also think the fact that they are very, very common drops in the packs (plus the packs themselves probably being bought in higher volume than past shipments due to the lower price) contributes in a big way to how cheap they are on the GTN. But at the end of the day, while ridiculously high supply is probably the largest factor in these prices, I don't think we'd have pages and pages of them selling for less than 100 creds if demand wasn't pretty darn low as well.

Here's hoping the Shadow Packs have more interesting weapons.

The ranged weapons are not my cup of tea either, and I think the GTN flooding with the weapons (and the cybernetic armour for that matter) is indeed a good indication of them not being very popular.

I actually do like the texture on the lightsabers though, and would have used the saberstaff one if it didn't look like a riot baton when hanging from my character's belt. :)

As a few of us have already said, the GTN speaks volumes on this one.

It's flooded with socorro and cyborg armour that people are struggling to give away. They are listed from 50 credits onwards and they don;t seem to be selling.

You can come here and say you sell them by the hundreds and all your guild and everyone you know uses them but i'm as likely to believe that as I would someone telling me clouds float over singing The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population.

Even if the GTN speaks volumes on the matter, have you maybe considered the fact that these weapons have flooded the market because they had flooded the packs in the first place? I mean even if ppl liked them, dropping in the hundreads, wouldn't help in their popularity.

I don't like them either(except maybe the cannon) and i know they are not very popular. All i'm saying is to not disregard the opposite opinion so easily.

It's not just a matter of demand, it's also a matter of excessive supply.

Edited by PanagosTsok

One really has to wonder what the art team is thinking when they design something that ugly at think it ok to sell.

Any cartel pack with one ultra-desirable ultra-rare item (rancor, Shan armor, and so on) seems to sell well, regardless of how much ugly garbage it drops. That's not unusual behavior: for example, people keep buying lotto tickets, even though they lose money, on average, on every ticket they buy. Hope betrays them.

If that's the case, BW need only pay one decent artist a competitive salary to design the gems, and can have interns and homeless drunks designing the rest for pizza and cheap beer. Picture that ...

Edited by BuriDogshin

The problem seems to be that the contents of packs are mapped out several months in advance. They go with a theme for a Shipment and then revise / reskin it over the next 3 or 4 packs. So if they design a range of stuff so fugly that no-one wants it, you know it's going to be flooding the GTN for months to come.

Now if they had released it with varying pirate looking armours, they probably would have fared better as a weapon design choice. No pirate looking armours though.

The Cybernetic Armor is the far greater joke to me. Those continued abominations must stop.

^ this.

And yes the Socorro as so much appreciated that I don't even sell them on the GTN anymore.

I just trash them when I open a pack, as I do with the cybernetic armors.

Edited by Deewe