So with 3.0 we're paying to get nerfed, basically.

Transairion

Just throwing it out there that "if you have the best gear in the game right now you'll be doing the same DPS with the best gear in the game after 3.0", which basically means you've progressed nowhere isn't exactly very appealing. In fact, more than anything it seems like I'm paying to become weaker because I'm NOT full 186 right now and I'm sure not going to be full on the new highest tier either... so I'm just going to be weaker across the board really.

So, uh, apart from new operations and stuff am I missing some magical appealing feature of this expansion I'm paying money for, or am I really just paying for a patch to the game with features I don't want? Cause making all current and older content harder isn't something I'm going to be excited about no matter how you spin it.

Right now the best part of 3.0 for me is the 12x experience from Pre-order... >_<

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to your first MMO expansion. It will be OK.

Was here for the last one, where all the older content got easier.... not harder.

They're not bumping them up to 60 to make them harder either, they're just... making us worse. This seems a lot more beneficial for the devs to stall for time while we re-struggle with content we've already done, rather than us actually gain anything...

But seriously... they're bringing the 4k dps top end down; it isn't the end of the world.

If they were nerfing just the top tier it wouldn't be so bad.

They're not, literally everyone is getting nerfed. Top tier will be the only group that might actually see their numbers go UP.

It's gonna be freaking weird being level 60 and having a harder time with stuff that was easy at 55 in worse gear.

Guess it's a good thing you're not playing WoW. Because those guys got a far greater reduction.

Obligatory "this isn't WoW".

Also, did WoW offer a pre-order BEFORE they announced DPS would be reduced across the board and you'd have to grind Nightmare content to get back to that same number?

Kinda important info to omit...

Edited by Transairion

If they were nerfing just the top tier it wouldn't be so bad.

They're not, literally everyone is getting nerfed. Top tier will be the only group that might actually see their numbers go UP.

It's gonna be freaking weird being level 60 and having a harder time with stuff that was easy at 55 in worse gear.

Obligatory "this isn't WoW".

Also, did WoW offer a pre-order BEFORE they announced DPS would be reduced across the board and you'd have to grind Nightmare content to get back to that same number?

Kinda important info to omit...

What numbers have you seen? Or are you speculating? They said it will be more difficult to do DF / DP NiM... which is true if top end dps drops, but the average dps may not see as significant a change. So sure, they're cutting into our ability to overkill... still not end of world.

I can't remember the last xpac I was in where I got flat-out, across-the-board, nerfed... I'm pretty sure this will be the first one, actually.

Me either.

Last time I bought an expansion and leveled up 5 times, my toons actually got more powerful and made older content a bit easier.

I sure as hell didn't level up 5 times and be a bit less powerful then I was5 levels ago.

I think this is being done more so they can keep DF and DP still in play. 2 worn out OPS that are well past their prime given players ahve been in them a year. Their interest at level 60 should be nothing but nostalgia.

Making 60 gear = 55 gear to keep those to ops around is some screw up design.

Just throwing it out there that "if you have the best gear in the game right now you'll be doing the same DPS with the best gear in the game after 3.0", which basically means you've progressed nowhere isn't exactly very appealing. In fact, more than anything it seems like I'm paying to become weaker because I'm NOT full 186 right now and I'm sure not going to be full on the new highest tier either... so I'm just going to be weaker across the board really.

So, uh, apart from new operations and stuff am I missing some magical appealing feature of this expansion I'm paying money for, or am I really just paying for a patch to the game with features I don't want? Cause making all current and older content harder isn't something I'm going to be excited about no matter how you spin it.

Right now the best part of 3.0 for me is the 12x experience from Pre-order... >_<

So basically you couldn't put this in one of the other 10 threads basically crying about this.

Basically it's a stat squish, basically Swtor is not the first to do this and basically WoW just did. It's not a big deal they didn't take any progress away from you stop crying. Basically using desperate talking points from basically the other 10 threads about this to make your own threads basically is pointless.

Monsters will have their health reduced around the dps drop so technically things will still be dying as fast or faster, just lower numbers.

have to see this to believe it. this is bw who always take the lazy way out. did they go in and nerf EVERY mob in the game??? not a chance. did they reduce the mobs with high power attacks that you srvive against based on getting them killed quickly? probably not. if the reason they did this was high end dps was a little too high, they could have placed a cap, rather that rebuilding the entire games worth of mobs. this has to have been in the works for months for them to be able to down grade all mobs in the game.

Me either.

Last time I bought an expansion and leveled up 5 times, my toons actually got more powerful and made older content a bit easier.

I sure as hell didn't level up 5 times and be a bit less powerful then I was5 levels ago.

I think this is being done more so they can keep DF and DP still in play. 2 worn out OPS that are well past their prime given players ahve been in them a year. Their interest at level 60 should be nothing but nostalgia.

Making 60 gear = 55 gear to keep those to ops around is some screw up design.

this is basically what they are doing, stalling for time so people don't finish off 3.0 content by year end, and end up with nothing to do afterwards.. DF/DP need to be done with already its Long over due.. there's no reason for someone to go back and do those two ops when the new one is out, beside nim title and weekly for coms through Gf..no one is gonna waste time grinding DF/DP HM/Nim for old gear, when they expect the two new operation to provide newer tier of gear with better stats..

have to see this to believe it. this is bw who always take the lazy way out. did they go in and nerf EVERY mob in the game??? not a chance. did they reduce the mobs with high power attacks that you srvive against based on getting them killed quickly? probably not. if the reason they did this was high end dps was a little too high, they could have placed a cap, rather that rebuilding the entire games worth of mobs. this has to have been in the works for months for them to be able to down grade all mobs in the game.

Do you have any knowledge of what this would take to do? Probably not

Do you have any evidence they aren't doing all of this? Probably not

Do you think they just started working on this expansion yesterday? By your comments sounds like you do.

Doom and gloom you guys need some help...

Monsters will have their health reduced around the dps drop so technically things will still be dying as fast or faster, just lower numbers.

Well they have confused the issue by saying DF / DP might be more difficult post 3.0 and that they were thinking of possibly putting level 60 commendations and gear in as drops.

The 'we are flattening the power curve but relative power will remain the same' is one thing, the 'but level 55 content may be more difficult at 60' is something else entirely.

As for the WoW comparisons, they flattened all the previous expansions power growth, but also adjusted all content to maintain relative power levels, as well as added bonus damage to players running old content while over-leveled.

What they did not do is release a new expansion, nerf player power, and then expect players to level up and run old content in a weakened state.

Edited by DawnAskham

this is basically what they are doing, stalling for time so people don't finish off 3.0 content by year end, and end up with nothing to do afterwards.. DF/DP need to be done with already its Long over due.. there's no reason for someone to go back and do those two ops when the new one is out, beside nim title and weekly for coms through Gf..no one is gonna waste time grinding DF/DP HM/Nim for old gear, when they expect the two new operation to provide newer tier of gear with better stats..

Do you play this game? Nobody needs to run old content? So nobody ever runs old ops in swtor? There are no comms that the old content gave? You sure about that?

This is only an issue because the doom and gloomers cruers and whiners have nothing else to complain about.

Do you have any knowledge of what this would take to do? Probably not

Do you have any evidence they aren't doing all of this? Probably not

Do you think they just started working on this expansion yesterday? By your comments sounds like you do.

Doom and gloom you guys need some help...

a simple cap on dps would have freed up 100's of man hour for actual new content. its not doom and gloom, it basic management. people are looking at this from biowares track record..which is not stellar. you can fluff for bioware all you want, you cannot change the mistakes bioware has made in the past.

a simple cap on dps would have freed up 100's of man hour for actual new content. its not doom and gloom, it basic management. people are looking at this from biowares track record..which is not stellar. you can fluff for bioware all you want, you cannot change the mistakes bioware has made in the past.

Again do you have any knowledge on how to program a video game? Where do you get your info it would have freed up 100's of hours?

I'm not fluffing anything I just went through this with WoW it's not a big deal and those attempting to make a big deal gave other agendas that's all I'm saying and doom and gloom is one of those agendas.

Again do you have any knowledge on how to program a video game? Where do you get your info it would have freed up 100's of hours?

I'm not fluffing anything I just went through this with WoW it's not a big deal and those attempting to make a big deal gave other agendas that's all I'm saying and doom and gloom is one of those agendas.

I have been involved in software development since the early 80's when we were using punched cards. this modification is not a small undertaking. unless you have access to their code and can show us otherwise?

I have been involved in software development since the early 80's when we were using punched cards. this modification is not a small undertaking. unless you have access to their code and can show us otherwise?

So you don't have any idea what it takes for them to do this...thanks that's what I thought.

So now that we have came to the truth there is no point going around throwing out information you have no clue on...ok thanks again.