Season 3 Furious Rewards Announcement

AlexModny

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in short.

Tier 3 = Basic Rewards (Which include the Lightsaber crystal which I desired the most)

Tier 2 = Added Weapon Set

Tier 1 = Added Mount and Armor Set

Regardless, I approve of these awards. Nicely done Bioware. I only wish the crystal was tied to Tier 1 and the, most likely less desirable, armor set was tied to Tier 3.

The thing I'd suggest would be change this to four tiers.

Tier 3 becomes tier 4

Tier 2 becomes tier 3

The new tier 2 contains the armor, and is something like 1450-1650

Tier 1 remains.

I say this simply because the difference in skill between 1300 and 1650 is hilariously large, and the difference in time needed to get that equally so. Adding in man extra tier would probably help alleviate the ludicrousness that is the fact that only 5 snipers will actually achieve tier 1, etc.

Go on Jedi Covenant, you'll find plenty of win traders.

Wintraders, to some degree, are everywhere sadly.

Truth be told, it is pretty difficult to reach 1650 rating on a lot of server. For example, currently we have 2 people with 1650+ in group queue and 7 in solo queue on Harbinger.

Edited by Xeraz

By chance, can we make the armor/weapon awards BoL (Bind to Legacy)? My main already has a great set of PvP gear, but I'd like to be able to transfer these rewards shells to other toons if possible -- thanks devs!! :rak_03:

One of the only things that can hurt these rewards is if the color crystal sucks. Do not make the color crystal suck. Make it something that a PvPer would want. PvPers fight other players, their rewards are won with blood. Maybe it's time to make the real blood-red crystal, a white core crystal with a dark red glow.

Just a suggestion. All's I'm saying is, don't choose a sucky color crystal color.

The culmination of Season 3 is fast approaching and many furious rumbles have yet to be waged. The end of Season 3 will come with Game Update 3.0 and your rating, when the servers come down for the update, will determine which tier you are in and what rewards you receive. The higher your tier the more glorious your rewards!

You handled the Rewards much better this time around Alex. The S3 rewards are infinitely better than S2, and your communication with the community was spot on. Well done.

Truth be told, it is pretty difficult to reach 1650 rating on a lot of server. For example, currently we have 2 people with 1650+ in group queue and 7 in solo queue on Harbinger.

It takes a pretty committed effort to hit 1650+. Those that get the Rating in most cases deserve it. They play hundreds of matches in some cases and queue Ranked almost everyday. Props to those PvPers.

It's a shame that some Win Traders and Q-Syncers end up dragging the reputation of those players who really earned their Rating through the mud. Would be great if BW could do something about that. It can't be that hard to spot Win Trading. The Q-Syncing would be the more difficult one to spot because even when those dudes queue, there's no 100% guarantee they will end up on the same team anyway.

It's too high. I am still around 1400s, been stuck there for over a week. It's really hard to do solo games with so little players around. and being queued with same bads over and over and being almost always the best performing player in terms of damage and defense and cc. Queuing is not random. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well this means no Gunslingers but one will get the mount in the entire world. Amazing.

Bah, Manni, we'll just do some epic syncqueuing with Satisfaction, Nef and all the others, and we'll be at 1650 in notiiiime.

Or not. 350 rating to go... Christ on a living bicycle, starting out at 1000 rating is ROUGH :eek:

Does that mean that sub 1650 slinger has the potential to get the "all-galaxy" (top 3) title but NOT get the Tier 1 rewards!? haHaHA

1650+ is a RIDICULOUSLY high solo/team rating to acquire given the abysmal state of rated pvp. Which has been declining since mid-season 1 on all servers and is now ghost-town status.

Edited by SOULCASTER

So right now we have for Tier 1:

- 5 Jugs/Guardians

- 4 Sents/Maras

- 22 Shadows/Sins

- 45 Sage/Sorcs

- 19 PowerTechs/Vanguards

- 8 Mando/Mercs

- 5 Slingers/Snipers

- 18 Scoundrels/Ops

Total: 126 players at Tier 1 now.out of ~14000 players with a ranking so Tier 1 is approximately the top 1% of players. That is probably how they chose their break points for the Tiers.

Hmm, I wonder which classes were the most powerful this season ;)

Basically Madness Sorcs/Sins, Healing Scoundrels/Operatives and Pyros

Now if we could just get other servers to pop

TOFN: 3262 (23.2%)

Bastion: 2202 (15.7%)

POT5: 1780 (12.7%)

TRE: 1213 (8.6%)

T3-M4: 1056 (7.5%)

Ebon Hawk: 912 (6.5%)

Jung Ma: 723 (5.1%)

Jedi Covenant: 712 (5.1%)

Harb: 600 (4.3%)

Progenitor: 569 (4.0%)

Shadowlands: 426 (3.0%)

Darth Nihilus: 419 (3.0%)

Mantle of the Force: 287 (1.6%)

BC: 195 (1.4%)

So we can see from this that TOFN and Bastion are the best for Solo PVP (no surprise here as they are the main PVP servers) and BC and Mantle are the worst as far as player participation. So obviously it will be easier to get pops on the higher participation servers which in turn will skew the Tier1 rewards accordingly.

I would favor rewarding Tier1 based of off server and do the distribution accordingly, i.e.

- tier 1: top 5%

- tier 2: 6-50%

- tier 3: 51-100%

and if a player transfers server mid-season they lose their rating and have to start again (this is to prevent people transferring from PVP servers to RP servers right at the end to get into Tier1).

This will also prevent people hitting 1650 (or whatever) and then stopping queuing, thereby killing the pops for everyone else as it is in distribution. To prevent the win trading you would have to monitor spikes in activity, i.e. if a player goes on a massive W/L ration record and does it all in 1 night, especially towards the end of the season.

Now obviously I am biased seeing as I play on the lowest participation server, BC.