The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

Explain the harm then.... I have asked, you have avoided. Explain the harm of the event?

I hope you do not find yourself in front of a judge some day, you will get fried. The onus is on you young man. Justify why your harmful actions are acceptable.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're more concerned about the plague sources than the subsequent outbreak.

I am not against adding a PVP element, but I stand by the issue with open warfare on fleet between carriers and non-carriers...

And we all know why. You want to be able to infect, with no retribution whatsoever, and yet that is 100% against the whole ethos of this event....incineration etc etc.

I hope you do not find yourself in front of a judge some day, you will get fried. The onus is on you young man. Justify why your harmful actions are acceptable.

You have to prove harm. I am innocent until proven otherwise...

Asked and answered

I still haven't seen what makes a the debuff which does almost nothing for 20 minutes, harassment... annoyance perhaps, but not harassment.

I think the harm has to be defined first.

I do not like that I am being sided with those that promote this system. But I just can't see the real harm in this particular mechanic. There is room for improvement, sure.

And we all know why. You want to be able to infect, with no retribution whatsoever, and yet that is 100% against the whole ethos of this event....incineration etc etc.

No, I have stated several times, that open warfare on fleet is a performance concern. That many people with that many animations, graphics, etc is going to lag the game to hell for people with sub-optimal computers. That many actions on that shard could even cause server-side induced lag...

Don't pretend to speak to my intentions.

I read thru like 10 or 20 pages.

Seriously...

Buy a Vaccine or Learn to avoid people. It's your fault if you get infected for not paying attention.

This is a MMO with online player interaction. There is no Bullying at all. There are no victims. You cannot be harmed in real life by this event at all.

Deal with it. Seriously, the whining for this event is really sad, when it's so easy to avoid.

Seriously...

Buy a Vaccine or Learn to avoid people. It's your fault if you get infected for not paying attention.

This is a MMO with online player interaction. There is no Bullying at all. There are no victims. You cannot be harmed in real life by this event at all.

Deal with it. Seriously, the whining for this event is really sad, when it's so easy to avoid.

Flag the carriers for same faction PVP then.

Seriously...

You are being insensitive IMHO.

Seeing your character being infected and dying over and over again, throughout the event, is quite possibly a traumatic experience, hence psychologically shattering.

I am jesting BTW. Just in case. ;)

Seeing your character being infected and dying over and over again, throughout the event, is quite possibly a traumatic experience, hence psychologically shattering.

Good thing they never played EQ. Or PvP'ed, or turned on a tv or read a newspaper.

At the end of the day, anybody "psychologically shattered" because their online avatar died "over and over again" probably has bigger issues to deal with.

I wish there were a bolster for H4+. This morning: L55’s group up and go on their merry way. My doing the whole thing in the tunnels with my L40, spamming chat with LFG… 2 more sub L55 guys. One L30, one L49. Just perfect. I think I am going to give up on reputation/heroic and concentrate on running all my 12 chars through Navigating Tunnels as fast as possible, dodging the fights. I think it’s more productive like that. So far I only got 4 canisters from Day 1, and that’s far too low. 12 a day is a good return & I can just park chars in the tunnels.

Really??...REALLY???....People are still not understanding that there is a 6 hour...which is a quarter of the day....vaccine they sell that you can probably get the money from one single chest....And if you are dying and losing that buff...then I say you have more problems to worry about than a plague. Wow......

It's a week long event, which seeing as to how we have SH and Guildship you practically don't have to hang at fleet.

Most if not all of the people writing on these forums more than likely run raids and fp's with guildies, seeing as to how that is a majority of the response to other people that are asking about gf queues...

As has been stated..you can gain enough rep to buy the relic , just place that relic and your main one in quickslot bar, use it and replace..the buff won't go away..

Or just buy some 6 hour vaccine (which I do even though I have more than enough rep)...and DON'T DIE...

30 pages of this......speechless....Thanks goodness they haven't made a free for all pvp event that let's you attack everywhere....

Edited by grombrinda

Good thing they never played EQ. Or PvP'ed, or turned on a tv or read a newspaper.

At the end of the day, anybody "psychologically shattered" because their online avatar died "over and over again" probably has bigger issues to deal with.

Reminds me of this kid I knew when I was younger, who couldn't watch Tom & Jerry because of all the violence.

Seriously, he started crying because they were hitting eachother and stuff...

That's the kind of person who'd be "psychologically shattered" by an event like this.

And those kinds of people shouldn't be playing this game in the first place.

You can tell how weak a position is by how much the people holding it feel driven to attempt to belittle and denigrate those holding the opposing idea.

The invective, ad hom, strawmen, and exaggeration coming from one side in this argument is telling.

Opposed: "This event is terrible because it's opt-out, and disrupts the game for those not participating."

Reaction: "OMG LOL, psychologically shattered by such a small thing, crybabies, go play something else."

Opposed: "Please leave those of us not taking part in this event to go about our gaming in peace."

Reaction: "What's wrong, we're just having a little fun. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't have logged in."

Opposed: "The statements being made in defense of this event are interestingly parallel with those used in defense of bullying, hazing, etc."

Reaction: "How dare you insult me by calling me a bully, how dare you compare a video game to real bullying!"

Edited by Max_Killjoy

You can tell how weak a position is by how much the people holding it feel driven to attempt to belittle and denigrate those holding the opposing idea.

The invective, ad hom, strawmen, and exaggeration coming from one side in this argument is telling.

Opposed: "This event is terrible because it's opt-out, and disrupts the game for those not participating."

Reaction: "OMG LOL, psychologically shattered by such a small thing, crybabies, go play something else."

Opposed: "Please leave those of us not taking part in this event to go about our gaming in peace."

Reaction: "What's wrong, we're just having a little fun. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't have logged in."

Opposed: "The statements being made in defense of this event are interestingly parallel with those used in defense of bullying, hazing, etc."

Reaction: "How dare you insult me by calling me a bully, how dare you compare a video game to real bullying!"

It's not a weak position, if it's true.

Though I don't exactly oppose the stand against this event and it's mechanics, I did not participate in any of the contentions you presented in this post.

a) I find comparing this to bullying in any way whatsoever, quite frankly, disgusting. Bullying is a serious problem that can cause actual harm, unlike this nonsense.

b) I don't like being infected. I didn't like it when the event ran for the first time after I started playing, I didn't like it the second time, I don't like it now even though I'm actually grinding the rep this time for the saber. I don't do the quest involving infecting others and guess what I did -- and do? I bought a bloody vaccine, shrugged, and went on with my day.

There's a myriad of ways other people are affecting my fun that I can't opt out off (without being negatively affected in some other way) -- from random whispers to group invites (can turn chat off, but then I miss whispers from my friends/guild chat, can auto decline group invitations, but then that'll happen with ones from my friend too) to killing mobs I'd already engaged and whittled down the health from to get their own quest objectives faster (dammit, hutta) to being misogynist. racist, ****- and transphobic jerks to pretending that trade chat is now general (can't /ignore them before the first comment). They're all annoying and I wager, about as annoying as having to buy the goddamn vaccine. (More than that in some cases.) I adapt and deal with it because guess what? It's an MMO. Other players are going to affect me in some way, whether I want them to or not. It's a one week event in a freaking multiplayer game, buy the vaccine and stop comparing this BS to anything actually harmful.

This brought back memories of the great Corrupted Blood incident. Then I remembered you could just buy a vaccine, which incidentally has caused even more whinging. I've had people follow me around.. "I explode in two minutes, c'mon man, just click it off!" "No."

Ahh, good times. Bioware, good times.

You are being insensitive IMHO.

I am jesting BTW. Just in case. ;)

I'm just gonna put this quote here because people are quoting it out of context without the spoiler tag and taking it seriously.

For second there, I thought we had a certified loon on the forums. Well, one more than usual at least. But then I found the source of the quote and about laughed myself silly.

I think people with maxed out Biochem should be able to do a hard mission that would let them make a cure for said infection and then they can run around and cure all the people that are running around trying to infect others , that way everyone can then whine about something that annoys them during this even. ;)

Just fyI, only thing about the event I hate is I play with sounds on and having to hear everyone standing around the mail boxes and auction booth's coughing and chocking and puking every min or so is just annoying.

Edited by huggaa

You forgot those who are suddenly aware that Ebola exists. (Nevermind Malaria or Yellow Fever or Dysentary......oh forget it).

Now they want to latch on to the latest sensationalized issue and somehow make it their own. "My gameplay is being disturbed by this Ebola - Like event! How dare you!"

Then when you point out that one, it's a GAME, two, no avatars are actually permanently harmed during said event, they play the victim card (Seriously). Or accuse you of the latest Generation Wuss malady: Bullying, insensitivity or some other made up -ist or -ic.

It's threads like this that make me want to punch charles rangel in the face every time he mentions the draft in America.

EDIT:

I think people with maxed out Biochem should be able to do a hard mission that would let them make a cure for said infection and then they can run around and cure all the people that are running around trying to infect others , that way everyone can then whine about something that annoys them during this even.

Well crafting and tradeskills seem to be an afterthought at this point - but that is a darned good idea.

Just fyI, only thing about the even I hate is I play with sounds on and having to hear everyone standing around the mail boxes and auction booth's coughing and chocking and puking every min or so is just annoying.

Yeah the grunting and moaning is uh...well..yeah. Let's just leave it at that.

Edited by Lotharofxev
Forgot something

This is my first time experiencing this event and the explosions on fleet have been some of the funniest things I've seen in an MMO in a long, long time.

Watching people shy away from the late stage-2s, watching the stage-2s chasing people, hearing the cry just before they blow up. It's been so much fun. These are the kinds of things this game needs more of. Stir it up a little. Some of my best memories in WoW are from kiting world bosses into capital cities and watching how people dealt with it (and watching the skeleton piles deepen).

So here's my cyber-applause, Bioware. This is really entertaining.