SPEEDHACKER on TOFN

Yeeheepyupee

As many say... Post a video of your 'hack' and we will judge if it is one. In the last few months I have seen three legit hacks. And over 50 hack cry threads... So honestly.. If you want to be taken seriously, provide a proof.

Just say it out, Yes there is hack in SWTOR. Not every hack is recorded, so you don't have the slightest idea how many player really hacks in SWTOR. Not to mention there are PvE hacks we don't even see.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, this will be my last response to you... I am sick of trying to explain to people who won't do their homework and only parrot what others have said

Please go do some proper research in some of the closed hacker forums and the darknet... You will be surprised at what is actually possible ;)

If you comeback with fresh technical information on how Bio combat this... I will listen... But as of now, Bio are unable to keep up with the current cheats used on game

Ok you seem to be misled. The person who responded to you was in the right. The server handles all of the calculations in terms of how much damage is calculated.

The biggest difference between a speed hack, and damage multipliers is how data is interpreted, and recieved.

You are asking the question "if speed hacks are possible, how are damage hacks not possible". The answer may need to be explained.

First off every online connects to a server to be a part of the game. Without the server much of what happens ingame could not be accomplished. That is because the server holds a great deal of information within its database. The things that populate the database are the pieces of armor you have, and the stats they give you. The formulas used to calculate the damage that your abilities do, your characters name, achievements, etc.

Now the client end(the users end) also handles some tasks as well. This includes player location, abilities used, targeting, raid markers, and the cooldowns associated with abilities.

You can test these out, I have. To test out what handles damage, in game go to a damage dummy, and be ready to attack. Unplug your internet connection, and before your client realizes its no longer connected, do some attacks. You will notice that your attacks animations go off, but you dont see the damage inflicted, or the abilities go on cooldown(though GCD does trip, actual abilities cooldowns do not). This is because your client registered the abilities used, but did not get a response back from the server as to what the damage done was calculated out to be. Now you could reconnect your client, and a few abilities may go off, but more often than not you get either an ability that goes on cooldown, but doesnt actually do any damage. This is most likely because a client may be able to send the abilities, but the server does a time check, and probably discards the abilities that are outside of its bounds for acceptable latency. This helps prevents someone from lag switching and essentially getting off a full masterstrike, before you even know it.

Now its not impossible to prevent someone from tricking the server in terms of damage. We saw this being done on the test server when people found a loophole in the way the game calculated stats, and people were essentially able to cause their character to have insane stats. However this like any other means of doing this is easily detectable, and fixable. That exploit was removed before the patch was released, and all was well. Now the possibility that someone else found another exploit like that, that is undetectable by BW seems pretty far fetched, as you would need to accomplish a number of feats reliably in order to produce those results.

1: Defeat whatever mechanisms BW has in place on their servers to detect anomalies within the software that calculates damage. This includes the software that detects any changes to the client engine. Known as data validation.

2: Establish parameters for using the exploit so that the player base is unaware of the exploit. i.e your 5% idea.

3: Not tell anyone that will screw up rule 1 or 2

Now when the game first came out, the possibility of somone finding something like this is usually pretty decent, as most publishers pressure developers to release a game before its been fully developed, and one of the things that a developer usually does towards the end of developing the game is remove all the back doors, and exploitable features that someone could use. However as time goes on, programmers will find these loopholes and fix them. Especially if they allow something like extra damage. That combined with the fact that all that data is handled server side, it is easily fixed.

Now can new ones pop up if a programmer codes incorrectly. Sure, but they are usually caught, and fixed.

Now to get back to the original statement of can hacks exist in this game, to the point that somone can give themselves invulnerability, and auto critting 30k hits. The answer is Yes, but it not only would it be easily detected, but it most likely easily fixed, and quickly.

Now even with that said, should anyone believe someone who claims that people are running around invulnerable, and one shotting people......not really. especially with all thats working against them.

This speed hack shows its ugly head, and the only thing I can say is look at what that guy is not able to do. For starters, how many times did he try to move somewhere and end up overshooting his target. I know he died atleast once from running into acid. Also look at how he really doesnt attack anyone, and if he does, a good deal of his attacks yield zero damage. Im no master hacker, but even I can see the flaws in this technique. Yeah you can move places really quick, but other than huttball, how is that even going to help you.

As many say... Post a video of your 'hack' and we will judge if it is one. In the last few months I have seen three legit hacks. And over 50 hack cry threads... So honestly.. If you want to be taken seriously, provide a proof.

First thing that i could point out is that MOST of the players are logging into the game just to play it and not to record. If there will be a ingame recording option i maybe would use it. Though i would certainly not use the third prty soft just to record my play in hope that there will be some hacker..

The second thing is that we are talking about Twente. This guy had started to test the different game hacks several months ago. The imp chat was flooded full with his gibberish bot-messages that consisted of random characters. I think that he was testing the different connection hacks and the sipmliest way to do so and to not get caught is to post to chat and see the result (what was posted)....

After that he started to hack. And now, for the last 2-3 days he just using speedhack for bragging. He do not use it to win WZ. on the contrary his intention is to piss of his own team. He is doing Speedhack running in big circles around the WZ and post in the chat to get attention from all to be sure that everyone see him hack. And he is boasting that Bw will do nothing to him.

Edited by Missandei

haha the man himself commented on my vid of him :-)

ohohooho I'm in that video :D I was the guy who wrote on the chat "cheater; cheater" A jedi, thay after I saw that cheater, I didn't play more!!

Edited by VanderII

You would certainly know when Bioware will made some action about it.

Its when you wont find this thread on forum.

Well, I got a response from CS on my Ticket yesterday (saturday evening), so they most probably banned him.

Edited by Apophis_

This is funny. According to a bunch of morons that post on these forums. No one has ever cheated at Swtor nor has it ever(or will ever be) possible for a single cheat, glitch, hack, or exploit to be used. . .

I wonder where all of those white knights are at now?

They even lost their famed battlecry "Screenshot or it didn't HAPPEN!!!!"