Why are purple lightsaber crystals so rare?

Nieyko

Let me start by saying this is not a complaint thread. I'm simply curious as to the thought process of making purple (color, not quality) lightsaber crystals so scarce. I'm at level 24 or so at the moment and I have yet to see one in game. I checked the Galactic Trade Market and there are none there either. This is not a huge deal to me, it would just be nice to have the purple option. Sorry if this topic has been addressed, the search function is MIA :D

1) Can you get them through archeology?

2) Are they only available late-game?

3) Do they drop in flashpoints or for specific quest rewards?

P.S. I'm loving the game so far...Taris was freakin awesome! Keep up the great work BW!! :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you think about it... how many Purple sabres did you see in the films? I'd say they're pretty rare there, too!

In all seriousness though I have no idea! Not a huge fan of purple sabres myself, but putting the only one I know of on a PvP vendor seems a bit silly.

Eh, it'll change eventually.

Well if you think about it... how many Purple sabres did you see in the films? I'd say they're pretty rare there, too!

In all seriousness though I have no idea! Not a huge fan of purple sabres myself, but putting the only one I know of on a PvP vendor seems a bit silly.

I would agree with this but my level 18 maurader had missions in a dark temple where just about every enemy in there had a purple lightsaber. I have come across a good amount of enemies with the purple crystals so it makes no sense that level 18 npcs can find these crystals but we can't.

really dont understand why they thought this would be a good idea. take away those stupid black center lightsabers and make purple crystals on par with the rest of them...

I agree, the black sabers are just wrong. Give option to make all sabers appear white :/

I dunno about the films, but I see them on normal mobs all the time.

really dont understand why they thought this would be a good idea. take away those stupid black center lightsabers and make purple crystals on par with the rest of them...

Stupid Black center lightsaber? Sir, Those were pre-order only crystals; That means they are limited. How can you take away something thats not even being given away anymore?

Or are you mad cause you didnt get one, bro?

Edited by EclipseUn

Stupid Black center lightsaber? Sir, Those were pre-order only crystals; That means they are limited. How can you take away something thats not even being given away anymore?

Or are you mad cause you didnt get one, bro?

>implying there aren't other black core colors that are available through loot drops

I was kinda hoping some colours would be rare...I personally think that Dark Jedi get their Red Sabers way too easily.

they should be rare. making all the colours of the rainbow so easily attainable is stupid from a game design standpoint. I hope bioware ignores all the level 24 complainers crying because they can't get a rare crystal.

I have yet to even see yellow... L18 almost L19 on Taris. Can't even get yellow crafting crystals through archeaology. I'd love to see orange or silver cyrstals, too. But alas...

Artificing can make yellow crystals; you need the blue-quality Yellow gemstones from Treasure Hunting to make them.

I have yet to even see yellow... L18 almost L19 on Taris. Can't even get yellow crafting crystals through archeaology. I'd love to see orange or silver cyrstals, too. But alas...

Yellow crystals arent through archaelogy is why. Yellow is a gemstone and obtained through Treasure Hunting.

Orange i have found and am currently using in my saber. Have yet to see silver..or puruple..or white but hey im only in my late thirties :)

I got a Orange saber off the DK vendor at level 16, and another from Hammerstation... Its not really rare.

I've seen a lot more than I have yellow sabers with black cores! Can I get a purple please?

they should be rare. making all the colours of the rainbow so easily attainable is stupid from a game design standpoint. I hope bioware ignores all the level 24 complainers crying because they can't get a rare crystal.

That makes zero sense, you want to restrict someone else's color choice because being able to pick colors is a bad idea. CHOICE IS BAD DUURRRR!