The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lots of juicy info from Unnamed SWTOR Podcast from NY Cantina Tour

Pietrastor

Unnamed SWTOR Podcast brings lots of juicy info from Cantina NY Tour chat with Bruce Maclean:

http://gaddockgaming.com/2014/10/11/episode-57-nyc-cantina-qa-spoilers/

• Togruta is the next race they're working on, but not for 3.0 of course
  • they're looking into options/working on separating gear stats from fashion (some form of costume manager); this includes the issue of color crystals, if/when they separate the rest of the gear's stats from looks, crystals would be included in the new system as well; POSSIBLY in 3.0
  • they did pod-racing prototype but abandoned it due to technical issues (server lag being cited as the problem with determining race winners)
  • current 55 top-level ops gear = entry level 60 ops gear
  • no world boss in 3.0, but we will be seeing one after 3.0 next year
  • they're talking internally about possibly increasing EC up to level cap again, not for 3.0 though
  • they may look into faction-change in future
  • they are definitely working on the next Stronghold, but no definitive info which planet it will be on; working on combat dummies for strogholds; if they can improve performance they will up NPC limit from 25
  • multi-phase plan to revitalize GSF, increased requisitions being the first phase
  • 2 new tactical FPs are 55-60 leveling FPs, both brand new
  • 4 HM FPs are Tython, Korriban, Manaan & Rakata
  • there is either a solo-mission or FP equivalent of the second operation, the finale of the expansion story (a choice if you prefer to do the solo/FP or Ops version of the story?), Unnamed podcast didn't remember correctly if it was solo-mission or FP, possibly locked behind Reputation grind level (the equivalent, not the actual Op itself!); WOW's Wrath of the Lich King example of this feature was cited; NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members
  • engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"
  • new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though
  • working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

There are also HUGE story spoilers for the expansion which I ommitted, if you want to listen to them they start at around 53 minute mark in the podcast. Sorry to Gaddock/Unnamed SWTOR Podcast if I made any mistakes or stepped on some toes, correct me where I made mistakes, but this was a very informative Podcast so I though it needed a thread and bullet points.

Edited by Pietrastor

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Not sure I got that correctly but crystals wont' go farther +41 (for now).
  • Faction change, if ever, will be a paid feature.
  • For PVP was wondering about a single cluster from what he told (better than cross server queues).
  • They are spending time on PvP balance so the why no new WZ this year.
  • GSF will add stuff but seems no new ships nor maps (incentives?).
  • Datacron no legacy wide.
  • Mute companions: maybe.
  • Bonus sets from operations only as incentive to do them.

**And thanks OP :)

Edited by Deewe

-eyes suspiciously-

Costume manager . . . playable Togruta . . . new Stronghold . . . ability to see the finale of the 3.0 story solo . . . there are too many things on that list that I'd love to see for it to be true. :p

Teasing aside, thanks for posting, OP! I will be ridiculously happy (and go on a shopping spree of epic proportions) if they give us some sort of wardrobe/costume tabs.

I am a little disappointed that he is just reading off of his notes and did not record the interview, because now we can't really take anything for granted. "Soon" can mean anything from 6 months to 3 years to not at all, so not knowing the original quote kind of ruins it. :(

I can't help but feel that they did not want to get this information out to the public. When I was at the cantina tours and they talked about those kind of things, they did not want it to get recorded and always emphasized "Don't tell anyone I said that" because they don't want to let it stand as an official statement by Bioware.

Unless of course they really changed their opinion regarding upcoming content, which would surprise me. But in that case, a few posts in the Dev Tracker and bits and pieces of news sent to various fan sites would have been better than revealing it all in one interview IMO.

Edited by Jerba

Seems to me that this guy is simply making educated guesses rather than actually having access to this kind of information. The developers have been notoriously tight-lipped these days. An infodump like this to a completely random person that just happens to run a fansite is just out of character.

Granted, I never listened to the podcast. Is he actually recording with a developer, or just saying, "I heard at the cantina that..."?

Seems to me that this guy is simply making educated guesses rather than actually having access to this kind of information. The developers have been notoriously tight-lipped these days. An infodump like this to a completely random person that just happens to run a fansite is just out of character.

Granted, I never listened to the podcast. Is he actually recording with a developer, or just saying, "I heard at the cantina that..."?

No he sat down with him along with a couple of members of some NiM progression team, he asked some of those very questions.

Honestly, if any of this is made up BW can easily say it is not true.

But if you listen to any of the recorded answers and add to it the last live stream, BW seems to be taking a different approach now, they seems to be willing to talk to people now.

Edited by znihilist

But if you listen to any of the recorded answers and add to it the last live stream, BW seems to be taking a different approach now, they seems to be willing to talk to people now.

Did you not see how utterly terrified Musco was whenever anyone came close to discussing anything that wasn't planned? And how adamantly he insisted that all discussion is confined to the topic at hand? It certainly doesn't seem different. Frankly, I felt frustrated for him - looked like the higher ups are instituting a policy that he doesn't agree with.

Anyway, listening to this thing now. Essentially, the live answers are the same nitpicky bullplop questions as usual, followed by all these amazing answers from a private conversation that he didn't record for some reason. Pardon me for not taking it as the Gospel truth.

If the podcast guys are reading this, don't take this personally, but I just don't trust this kind of information. A lot of it even seems plausible, but anyone who hangs around the forums could put together a list 90% similar to what they're reporting.

I'll wait for official word.

And if you do?

Just an educated guess, but if the full story isn't soloable, then solo oriented players will probably leave once they realize that. Solo players have been irritated for awhile now with Oricon & Forged Alliances, but it seems that is over with Forged Alliances getting solo versions. I think this posters feelings have been heard and responded to.

A lot of what I've heard about the expansion sounds good, but I sure hope you don't have to do an operation to get the conclusion to the story. They did it with Oricon, and I absolutely hated that. If that's the new standard for story content, then it'll be the one thing to get me to leave.