Hybrids are dead and you can cleanse most CCs

Nothematic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a reason to complain about changes.

I don't know if anyone watches the NFL but there have been several dozen changes to the rules in the last 10 years. Every time they say it's going to kill this or destroy that. "WHY EVEN PLAY DEFENSE IF WE CAN'T CHECK THE RECEIVER DOWNFIELD?! OFFENSE WILL DOMINATE".

Of course none of the predictions about offense dominating were true, it was just hype. The game is better for it and defense > offense.

That's all this is. Hype. (Not this particularly, hybrids are gone and good riddance to them. Just in general)

I like it. stuns should be cleanseable. it takes a highly aware teammate to know to cleanse something. and it rarely happens properly outside of team rated. it's kinda the one thing I'm good at as a mando healer working with a sage healer. I can just keep him up and frustrate the hell out of ops and PTs by just keeping an eye on him and cleansing the fire fx. punting when he's stunned. mando heals is very difficult to maximize, and I cannot do it, but I can see what's going on. imagine that in the hands of a good mando healer. I mean...if you have that kind of awareness & throughput, I think you've earned it.

Better you can still cleanse slows..

Also "Can cleanse most CC's".. That BETTER not include hard stuns.

If I want to knock 1 person out for 4 seconds on a 60! second cooldown.. that should not be able to be purged by something as simple as a cleanse. Even if those become a 10-second cooldown.

Hardstuns are a line not to be crossed. Other CC like blind, lift/whirlwind, Awe.. Fine.

But hardstuns? NO.

(I'll go ham on a constructive rant post if this turns out to be true)

Edited by Evolixe

Not really a reason to complain about changes.

I don't know if anyone watches the NFL but there have been several dozen changes to the rules in the last 10 years. Every time they say it's going to kill this or destroy that. "WHY EVEN PLAY DEFENSE IF WE CAN'T CHECK THE RECEIVER DOWNFIELD?! OFFENSE WILL DOMINATE".

Of course none of the predictions about offense dominating were true, it was just hype. The game is better for it and defense > offense.

That's all this is. Hype. (Not this particularly, hybrids are gone and good riddance to them. Just in general)

Not saying I disagree with your sentiment, but in the NFL scoring is at an all time high. So for the NFL it is not ALL hype. But you are correct that defense trumps offense (teams with high powered offenses and poor defenses are struggling).

Whenever a doom and gloom thread comes up, I am reminded of the "X feature is going to kill WoW" list. I cannot find it on the web. Suffice it to say that the list was/is extensive. But closer to home: how many doom and gloom threads came from the flyby nerf? This game is still kicking and flyby is still used extensively.

In the end, change happens. Adapt or quit.

Edited by psandak

Better you can still cleanse slows..

I imagine you can but the trade off here is they are making the cleanses have a longer cooldown. Didn't say what that was, but I imagine I won't waste one on a slow unless I am totally alone and need to ****.

I imagine you can but the trade off here is they are making the cleanses have a longer cooldown. Didn't say what that was, but I imagine I won't waste one on a slow unless I am totally alone and need to ****.

I don't care about cleansing useless bads.

I just wish on an operative, if I went heals, I could cleans from stealth with an ability opposite of tranquilizer dart. Just to F with other stealth. Stand back, wait for them to try to sapcap that jug standing on the node, give him a cleanse; watch him think that the guy used his breaker; LOL.

But closer to home: how many doom and gloom threads came from the flyby nerf? This game is still kicking and flyby is still used extensively.

In the end, change happens. Adapt or quit.

Flyby is by far one of the most worthless abilities in pvp, outside area denial to prevent caps and door plants.

It is an ability that takes more than 1 gcd to cast, another gcd to hit, and does about 1500 a tick now. Its like a free auto attack on 5 people at best. Two thermal grenades do more damage.

Snipers/Gunglingers and DPS operatives/scoundrels are practically the bastard stepchildren of pvp right now.

How do you even begin to say flyby is better now.

I agree witht he sentiment of adapt or quit, but really, flyby was the worst thing you could of brought to the table, that ability is beyond borked in pvp, outside of stopping the cap.

Flyby is by far one of the most worthless abilities in pvp, outside area denial to prevent caps and door plants.

It is an ability that takes more than 1 gcd to cast, another gcd to hit, and does about 1500 a tick now. Its like a free auto attack on 5 people at best. Two thermal grenades do more damage.

Snipers/Gunglingers and DPS operatives/scoundrels are practically the bastard stepchildren of pvp right now.

How do you even begin to say flyby is better now.

I agree witht he sentiment of adapt or quit, but really, flyby was the worst thing you could of brought to the table, that ability is beyond borked in pvp, outside of stopping the cap.

I actually liked it better on my slinger after the nerf for the cap prevention. Could cast faster and had more uptime even if it didn't hit as hard. It may have hit harder before but was even more useless when people would just get out of the way. (Works on bads, but I have plenty of ways to kill bads without OS/Flyby

Still; not like its ever been a great ability in either form; but I think they had mentioned it making a come back for Eng/Sab spec as being more effective but not to where it could be used for the single target DPS trees.

Edited by Technohic

Hybrids dead? LOL the bubblestun healer is back (with all teh healz to boot).

Sorc healers will perhaps be able to play too defensively while healing to full and making you pay. Especially given they can also take CD reduction on electrocute, continue to take Fadeout, take mobile heals and 30% DR while stunned...

Bioware doesn't know what they are talking about, they claim hybrids are dead, yet they put a core feature of lightning that has created huge hybrid balance issues in the past in utilities and not disciplines where it could be locked to the spec for which it was intended?

Allowing heals to take the other defensive utilities was probably appropriate but bubblestun is back with UNLIMITED POWER.

Hybrids dead? LOL the bubblestun healer is back (with all teh healz to boot).

Sorc healers will perhaps be able to play too defensively while healing to full and making you pay. Especially given they can also take CD reduction on electrocute, continue to take Fadeout, take mobile heals and 30% DR while stunned...

Bioware doesn't know what they are talking about, they claim hybrids are dead, yet they put a core feature of lightning that has created huge hybrid balance issues in the past in utilities and not disciplines where it could be locked to the spec for which it was intended?

Allowing heals to take the other defensive utilities was probably appropriate but bubblestun is back with UNLIMITED POWER.

I cracked up when I saw bubblestun available for all specs. It's still for the sorc only but really... this time the healing sorc can have ALL healing abilitys AND still have bubblestun.. ggwp -_-

I cracked up when I saw bubblestun available for all specs. It's still for the sorc only but really... this time the healing sorc can have ALL healing abilitys AND still have bubblestun.. ggwp -_-

And I main a sorc healer. I wasn't kidding about the UNLIMITED POWER. I already had to tell Bioware to tone down the sorc buffs they were going to give in 2.10 slightly, which they did, but now I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

And I main a sorc healer. I wasn't kidding about the UNLIMITED POWER. I already had to tell Bioware to tone down the sorc buffs they were going to give in 2.10 slightly, which they did, but now I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sorc now king of 4v4 heals :rolleyes:

I love how these forums continue to evolve. From #l2play we are at #dudes we dont know yet what melee get! Priceless :D. This game will be so broken in 3.0 I am going to cry from laughter when everyone will roll the same class in pvp, use the same 'utility' and call it balanced :D.

PS: Respect my 1 v 1 adovir!! :cool:

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Don't forget that they can knock back root now too.

Withe the amount of soft cc that sorcerers have in utilities, melee better have root breakers.

Don't forget that they can knock back root now too.

Withe the amount of soft cc that sorcerers have in utilities, melee better have root breakers.

Meh, they wont pick up on that one anyway. Other things are too good to pass up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.