Petition to Stop Disciplines "Improvement"

xTonyStarkx

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have. While Bioware may think this is great b/c everyone will be starting over like its a new game... however it will not be great. Disciplines' will kill this game. Please post below if you are opposed to the new Disciplines system. If you like the system, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. This post is to show Bioware that we do not want this "improvement"! This thread is not to debate whether or not the Disciplines system will be effective.

I refuse to purchase the expansion until the Discipline system is removed.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have. While Bioware may think this is great b/c everyone will be starting over like its a new game... however it will not be great. Disciplines' will kill this game. Please post below if you are opposed to the new Disciplines system. If you like the system, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. This post is to show Bioware that we do not want this "improvement"! This thread is not to debate whether or not the Disciplines system will be effective.

How about we take a more mature stance (as we all should be), and wait till tomorrow when they showcase the system before we declare this and that ?

/notsigned

I rather like the idea of the discipline system, but as of right now, all we have about it is an idea. Why not wait until at least after tomorrow's stream before we start crying about how the game is going to die because of this system.

Sorry for the immediate offtopic but i wanted to clarify one moment. Even if a "miracle" happens and Bioware suddenly decides to revert the system back to talent trees, they simply won't have enough development time and resources to expand them in time. So not going to happen, Disciplines are here to stay. Sorry. Edited by Trollokdamus

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have.

It's not going to ruin "almost" every build, builds are ALL going away so it'll ruin ALL of them.

However, I don't think it's going to hurt a thing. This game needed a big change, this is it.

I would at least relax until you see how it goes.

ANd as far as long time players go; get in what you enjoy now before 3.0 hits so you can say that you got what you could out of it and maybe you'll be surprised and it will bring a fresh experience to what might have gotten stale.

Thats my A hole in all of this. And everyone's got one, I'm sure.

It's not going to ruin "almost" every build, builds are ALL going away so it'll ruin ALL of them.

However, I don't think it's going to hurt a thing. This game needed a big change, this is it.

And the pure builds are actually going to remain roughly the same from the sound of it. The rotation of a Sharpshooter Gunslinger or Gunnery Commando will be the same as they are today with some minor changes. It's the side abilities like Decoy, Cool Under Pressure, etc that are going to get an overhaul.

Why doesn't OP wait until the livestream (where they hopefully won't be drunk again as it's the two dudes) before they start saying that the sky is falling and everything is super terrible?

I mean, that makes sense, right? Reserve judgment wuntil you've seen teh thing in action?

Also, Tony, can I have your stuff? I really want a suit, just so that I can fly to, like, France and buy chocolates. Do they come with in-built translators or do I need to learn French?

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have.

Good. Let's tear down the "Copy this spec or leave the Ops" mentality.

While Bioware may think this is great b/c everyone will be starting over like its a new game... however it will not be great. Disciplines' will kill this game.

You don't even know what the differences are, yet.

Please post below if you are opposed to the new Disciplines system. If you like the system, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

I have no strong opinion either way, except to say that I'm absolutely opposed to any sort of change in their design at this point. They should deliver what they have and adjust it as necessary. Things like this are the very basis of game balance, and the two new worlds are based on the new skill system. You cannot have one without the other, and I'd rather have the expansion with an uncertain skill system than no expansion at all because a few whiners don't like the idea of having to find new patterns to memorize (Realistically: They probably aren't even finding them... they are just watching YouTube and getting them from someone else).

This post is to show Bioware that we do not want this "improvement"!

This post is to show Bioware that I am wholly opposed to your position.

You are not a developer. You are not responsible for, or entitled to a say in development decisions. The decision to include this was made at least six months ago. It's not something that can be changed now, and its not something that will be changed now.

Edited by Malastare

I would tell you to go away but your irrelevant petition is irrelevant so it matters not. They're too close to launch to change it appreciably now. Learn to adapt... or perish.

seeing you post in every single thread is kinda annoying. i wouldnt even mind if there wasnt your "i feel special with my special font"-font.

/notsigned

And even if it was, it wouldn't matter. We're getting them whether you want them or not, whether I want them or not, and whether everyone here wants them or not. Disciplines might be amazing or they might be awful, but whatever they are, in a couple of months we're going to have them.

Edited by Heezdedjim

How about we take a more mature stance (as we all should be), and wait till tomorrow when they showcase the system before we declare this and that ?

You mean wait until we actually have information on something to say that something is going to be bad.

Heresy! You must be burned at the stake!

Why doesn't OP wait until the livestream (where they hopefully won't be drunk again as it's the two dudes) before they start saying that the sky is falling and everything is super terrible?
BECAUSE!!!! THAT'S WHY! We're overly hyper in everything we do, we send a text and expect an immediate reply, we don't wait for answers - we use Google, we couldn't wait 10 minutes for a pizza so now we have hot and ready pizzas, you don't wait for your favorite song to play any longer - you download it and listen at will...this is 2014!!!! WE DON'T NEED TO WAIT!

I'm anxious for the live stream. I wasn't expecting 3.0 info today as it was...it's only Monday.

Tux this time I don't agree. It need a big change... but not this one.

This change is for "balace" and we don't see a PvP stuff... so why doing it? Was the one of the most ruin for WoW.

The only thing I'm excited for are 2 planet, two operation, 4 HM and 2 new FP... but this change is really bad for me.

Don't tell me how to live my life. I do what I want. I'M AN ADULT. /throwsitontheground

Don't you dare act like that young man, now pick up your mic, put it where it belongs and get upstairs for a time out! :mad:

Tux this time I don't agree. It need a big change... but not this one.

This change is for "balace" and we don't see a PvP stuff... so why doing it? Was the one of the most ruin for WoW.

The only thing I'm excited for are 2 planet, two operation, 4 HM and 2 new FP... but this change is really bad for me.

How do you know that? You haven't seen any implementation details.